Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 02:20:54 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, Torie, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 162205 times)
Maxy
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: July 26, 2014, 02:52:34 am »
Ignore

Economic Issues -
Taxation: We have to keep the revenue levels we have at the moment, so I support lowering our rates but closing tax loopholes and eliminating deductions to create a revenue neutral system. Top rate hopefully around 25% or 28%.
Minimum Wage: Abolish the national minimum wage.
Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare, replace with a healthcare system with some key changes like health savings accounts, lawsuit reform, and prize funding for research.
Social Security: I support privatizing the system, as long as it means reducing the burden of the system. Raising the retirement age is something I'm for, but I'm not for reducing benefits in sneaky ways like lowering the inflation rate (especially to one that is lower than the current one we have).
Free Trade: Free Trade is the ultimate equalizer. It funds small foreign countries latter Labor revolutions, while keeping prices lower in our country. Fair trade hurts the people it intends to help, while sticking us with the bill.
Unions/Right-to-work: I support right-to-work laws, I don't think I can be any clearer than that.

tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.90, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 28, 2014, 02:36:48 am »
Ignore

Economic Issues

Taxes: Eliminate any taxes on real economic activity - including sales taxes* and income taxes associated with a paycheck, but heavy taxes on capital gains and inheritance. Taxes don't pay for spending under a fiat money system; instead, taxes "unprint" money. Right now, whatever nominal tax rates are, we destroy money associated with real economic activity while allowing money to pool with a super-elite. The job of the Democratic Party is to (1) perpetuate the myth that they can't give people popular programs because there isn't "enough" tax revenue to "pay" for it (funny how that's not the case with the bailouts and QE perpetuity), (2) play good cop by saying they'll "raise" taxes on the wealthy (income taxes don't touch the truly wealthy, as they simply play with money).

* Excise taxes are debatable - not a revenue "source," but if the objective is to curtail harmful behavior.

Jobs Guarantee: We need a permanent jobs guarantee to achieve full employment. "Raising" the minimum wage does nothing for people who are unemployed or underemployed. It only drives a wedge between the bottom 99.9%. If everyone willing and able to work can find a job, they'll be more likely to secure multiple job offers, and - ceteris paribus - they'll pick the higher paying job.  This decision aggregates to push everyone's wages up.  But, ZOMG, inflation?!  (1) Taxes can be used to remove "excess" money beyond the point of full employment, (2) Inflation is really the result of a concentrated financial sector levering the price of commodities.  The jobs guarantee should have a few national-scale projects but also many locally-decided projects.  The program doesn't need to be "paid" for with tax revenue or borrowing.  We print the money, and instead of a budget constraint or arbitrary ratio, we have two functional constraints on printing: (1) price stability, and (2) full employment.  Again, taxes can remove any money beyond these functional constraints.

Health Care: Single-payer or NHS-type arrangement, more medical universities with free tuition for those who agree to serve in critical needs areas for 10+ years.

Banking: End the Fed and restore Article I, Section 8, Clause 5. Break up the TBTF banks, bring up charges on executives for securities and mortgage fraud, lifetime ban on serving in the FIRE sector for employees at the SEC and other "regulatory" bodies, and capitalize public banks at the state level to loan to small businesses and farmers.

Social Security: There isn't a closet where the money is kept; it's fungible. So, expand benefits such that people aren't beholden to 401(k)s or other "investments." The program cannot go broke. Too bad we're never as cautious or fiscally prudent about bailing out the banks. We just print the money.

Social Issues
Generally, I believe, people will be more tolerant and accepting if they don't believe that they're being screwed by a system.  The Democrats parading around with their "tolerance" trope - similar to a Goldman Sachs rainbow-washing - is just cover for their policies that are wreaking havoc on the bottom 99.9%. As much as I get vilified here, I haven't seen anyone engage this argument head on.  It's ok (and for many Democrats, it's desirable) to "compromise" on economic issues, anyone who isn't on board with gay marriage as a political issue (for instance, they think marriage has no place as a government institution) is a bigot.  Democrats, like Goldman Sachs, hide behind their rainbow-washing.

Foreign Policy
Much of what's on the TV is kabuki.  We need to begin to divorce ourselves from military contractors.  Also, with a contained FIRE sector, there will be much less "American" "interest" to spur "humanitarian" interventions around the world.  One of the early telltale signs that Obie wasn't against imperialist endeavors, despite his "opposition" to "stupid wars" was the failure to explain that opposition in economic terms - that these "endless wars" only provide blank checks in perpetuity to the private military firms and allow the FIRE sector to further speculate on commodities.

Miscellaneous
Congress chosen by lottery. Delegations for each state are chosen on an at-large basis.

I'll never vote Repub, but I know enough to know that Democrats really are the more effective evil and can really get away with the things one would normally suspect from Repubs.

Democrats: The more effective evil
http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/why-barack-obama-more-effective-evil

Shirtless beer pong, brah, with brObama's speechwriter

Bros before hoes, brah
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout