Would Hoeffel beat Santorum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Would Hoeffel beat Santorum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Would Hoeffel beat Santorum?  (Read 3036 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: June 25, 2006, 02:47:02 PM »

What do you think my answer will be?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »

But yet Santorum will beat Casey in your opinon? I realize you strongly dislike populists, but I think you are letting your biases affect your perception of reality a bit, my friend.

Even I'd admit Casey would do much better than Hoeffel, but Hoeffel would surely win at this point.  If Sherrod Brown is beating the much more moderate Mike DeWine in more conservative Ohio, I can safely say Joe Hoeffel would beat Rick Santorum.  I do think however Allyson Schwartz would do better than Joe Hoeffel in a matchup against Santorum.  Allyson is a better speaker and fundraiser than Hoeffel and did much better against Melissa Brown while Hoeffel almost blew 2002.  Women would turn out more for her and this is part of my concern with Casey.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:31:52 PM »

I do think however Allyson Schwartz would do better than Joe Hoeffel in a matchup against Santorum.  Allyson is a better speaker and fundraiser than Hoeffel and did much better against Melissa Brown while Hoeffel almost blew 2002.  Women would turn out more for her and this is part of my concern with Casey.

And the rest of PA would turn out completely against her. Things were messed up for the GOP in PA 13 two years ago but no way would she have such an advantage statewide.

See 1992- Lynn Yeakel almost beating the much more moderate and popular Arlen Specter.  I definitely think Allyson would do better against Santorum than Yeakel against Specter.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:50:54 PM »

See 1992- Lynn Yeakel almost beating the much more moderate and popular Arlen Specter.  I definitely think Allyson would do better against Santorum than Yeakel against Specter.

Yeakel was helped out big time since with Clinton sweeping into office and the focus on the "Year of the Woman" in Congressional races.

Allyson Schwartz could easily be portrayed as a Philadelphia elitist liberal. In a race between Santorum and Schwartz, abortion would be huge and the fact that she ran an abortion clinic would not go over well with the rest of the state. The T and the west (especially the SW) would turn out strongly against her.

You just love bashing the city you grew up in and live in.  "Elitist Philadelphia Liberal".  Wow!  Just wow!  The AFL-CIO also endorsed Specter that year while I know for a fact Santorum would surely not get it. 

The abortion issue is far from being an "elitist issue."  Did it ever dawn on you that there are a lot of Democrats that aren't at all elitist?  For one I couldn't stand the elitism that existed when I was at Lehigh with the fraternities and assholes getting pissy when their parents bought them a BMW instead of a Land Rover.       
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 12:42:46 AM »

It would be close, but I think Santorum would win by a couple points.

Think Allyson would pull it off?  remember, she's a better fundraiser.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies