Mark Warner/Russ Feingold vs John McCain/Haley Barbour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:16:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mark Warner/Russ Feingold vs John McCain/Haley Barbour
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Warner/Russ Feingold vs John McCain/Haley Barbour  (Read 908 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:17:52 AM »

How many states do you think Warner can carry against McCain? Will he win Virginia? Will Feingold take Wisconsin off the tabe?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:33:24 PM »

Warner/Feingold is my opinion of the perfect ticket in 2008. They balance each other politically, and both are charismatic. I think Warner could defeat McCain, although it would be a tough election.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 07:45:27 PM »

Warner is an empty suit and comes off as a bit of a Bill Clinton wannabe, I think people would get bored with him. McCain on the other hand is a decorated pseudo-moderate with a pretty war record and what seems like endless experience at being an ass. Warner couldn't win, I find both candidates to be bland and unimpressive, but McCain is bland and unimpressive in that weird Republican kind of way in which it would help him.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 03:23:25 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2006, 03:26:15 PM by Winfield »

McCain/Barbour        292
Warner/Feingold      246

Warner wins Virginia.  The presence of Feingold on the ticket helps keep Wisconsin firmly with the Democratic ticket.

However, Warner fails to make a breakthrough in the south.  The presence of conservative Barbour on the Republican ticket helps reassure southern conservatives that McCain takes their concerns seriously.  The presence of liberal Feingold on the Democratic ticket does not help Warner's cause in the south.   

McCain's appeal cuts across party lines, and he does well with independents, enabling him to bring Michigan and Oregon into the Republican column.

In the final analysis, voters overall put their trust in McCain and his proven leadership and experience.  They decide not to entrust the security of America into the hands of a one term Virginia Governor with little track record to speak of.

McCain may be a media opportunist, he may be conservative when it suits him, and he may be moderate when it suits him, but he is someone voters know and someone voters believe will show Presidential leadership.     

I would as well give McCain a chance in Maine, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 04:06:20 AM »

Probably something like this. Feingold would help Warner a lot, but the media does love McCain.

True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »

McCain wins 352-186.
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 10:53:37 AM »

A lot depends on whether or not the Democrats tie Haley Barbour to Joe Camel.  Before he was governor of Mississippi, Barbour was a TOBACCO lobbyist.  I'd love to watch Barbour go to Utah only to get tarred, feathered, and run out of the state on a rail.  (Remember that it's against the Mormon religion to use tobacco.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies