Waltermittty v. Virginian87 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Waltermittty v. Virginian87 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
waltermitty

Virginian87

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Waltermittty v. Virginian87  (Read 4750 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:09:58 PM »

No
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »

Virginian87 - PV: 53% 427 EC Votes
Walter Mitty - PV: 44% 111 EC Votes

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:42 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2006, 08:12:56 PM by Preston Caldwell »

Come on Preston...

Mitty Lose Colorado? Montana? (You guys are way overplaying democratic gains in relatively libertarian states). And a Democratic sweep of the south...highly improbable.
I think you're over simplifying things here.  These mountain west states are overstated in libertarianism.  As once explained by Al, it's more of a backlash (as is historical) against big power in the east (whether it be bankers, the railroad companies, big beauracracy, or cities in general).

Virginian87 could connect with these voters very well.  His quietness on social issues (with a pro-gun tilt, always a plus out there) combined with a moderate, Clintonian approach to economics would be very popular.  They would take Mitty's anti-gun control, pro-amnest and illegal immigration, and (as they would view it) urban elitism and spit it out completely.

Of course, the Great Plains and the Mormon Triangle do vote Republican, by very narrow margin, by sheer party loyalty.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:16:07 PM »

Mitty would win all the liberal states especially Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.  I wouldn't think twice about voting for Mitty over Virginian even though Mitty would run as a Republican and I am a staunch liberal Democrat.  Mitty would win this race definitely.  Virginian87 would piss of liberals and Republicans for being conservative and a Democrat.  It would cost him dearly.
Believe me, you are no representative of the democratic party.

If you believe young social liberals are the backbone of the party then tell me why did Howard Dean lose the democratic primary?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies