Day 130: Pakistan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:16:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Day 130: Pakistan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day 130: Pakistan  (Read 848 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2006, 12:37:44 AM »

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/pk.html

Discuss.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 08:13:11 AM »

A nation of horrible people because of their religion
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 11:31:32 AM »

Has traditionally veered between incompetent corrupt quasi-authoritarian elected leadership and incompetent quasi-corrupt authoritarian military leadership, interspersed with losing a major war to the Indians every so often. Has a lot of potential in spite of its leadership.

For more information on the country of Pakistan, PM the rocket Tongue
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 09:11:43 PM »

the rocket is a first hand expert on that
kashifsakhan
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 07:07:56 PM »

Has traditionally veered between incompetent corrupt quasi-authoritarian elected leadership and incompetent quasi-corrupt authoritarian military leadership, interspersed with losing a major war to the Indians every so often. Has a lot of potential in spite of its leadership.

Being a Pakistani myself, i must admit Senator WMS, u've drawn up quite an acqurate description of Pakistan.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 12:26:18 PM »

Being a Pakistani myself, i must admit Senator WMS, u've drawn up quite an acqurate description of Pakistan.

Thanks. Cheesy I have taken college courses in the past on the region, and I do try to utilize various sources. Smiley You really deserve more from your leadership, I'd say...
kashifsakhan
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2006, 08:39:16 PM by kashifsakhan »

Thanks. Cheesy I have taken college courses in the past on the region, and I do try to utilize various sources. Smiley You really deserve more from your leadership, I'd say...

leadership? what leadership?!
There are some good leaders, but they're mostly on the fringes of the political scene. Some of the more left-wing leaders are quite sensible and have ambitions of giving people a type of welfare state which would be very welcome for the 30million+ people that live below the poverty line.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »

leadership? what leadership?!
There are some good leaders, but they're mostly on the fringes of the political scene. Some of the more left-wing leaders are quite sensible and have ambitions of giving people a type of welfare state which would be very welcome for the 30million+ people that live below the poverty line.

OK, i was being generous with the word 'leadership' Tongue
Question: does Pakistan have an economy that can support such a welfare state?
kashifsakhan
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 09:32:33 PM »

The economy is better than people think it is. Its just that people at the top were too busy stealing from the state. With a bit of investment, it could become quite a strong economy, and has been showing signs of that in recent years (about the last 5 years or so).
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 02:19:51 PM »

The economy is better than people think it is. Its just that people at the top were too busy stealing from the state. With a bit of investment, it could become quite a strong economy, and has been showing signs of that in recent years (about the last 5 years or so).

Well, we can hope...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies