What do you think of this graphic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:47:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What do you think of this graphic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you think of this graphic?  (Read 1732 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:42:06 PM »

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:44:13 PM »

Poorly done, graphically speaking.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:45:15 PM »

well, it's designed for a white background.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 09:45:32 PM »

Looks like a poll to me. I could be mistaken. Wink

In all serious however, it's no real suprise that the American public is not ready to completely trust the muslim community...especially not with the highest office of our land. The real suprise is that a majority would still vote for a moron...I mean mormon.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:47:04 PM »

I wish Mitt Romney good luck in his 2008 endeavors and offer him an open, outstanding invitation to a fast food restaurant of his choice in beautiful downtown Huntington Station, New York.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 11:47:38 PM »

As a graphic, I don't really care for it.  I would at least double the size.  Also, the text should be bigger and easier to read.  The colors I don't care for either, perhaps a base color instead.

I hope I answered your question.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:20:11 AM »

I find it interesting that an evangelical Christian would have a harder time being elected than someone who is Jewish. It makes sense, however, as the former group seems to be more monolithic in their views than the latter.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 12:40:12 AM »

I'd lower Catholic about 5%, Jewish about %5, Christian about 5%, Mormon about 10%, and Muslim about 15%
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 10:36:48 AM »

I'd lower Catholic about 5%, Jewish about %5, Christian about 5%, Mormon about 10%, and Muslim about 15%

Why do you think everyone in America is a bigot?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 12:40:55 PM »

Sad
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

I love how more than half wouldn't vote for a muslim because of the actions of a few extremist nutjobs. That's like refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Fred Phelps.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 01:00:39 PM »

I love how more than half wouldn't vote for a muslim because of the actions of a few extremist nutjobs. That's like refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Fred Phelps.

Fred Phelps isn't really an evangelical though.

The main issue I would have with voting for a Muslim isn't terrorists, rather its their overall attitude toward women and some rather horrible aspects of Islamic culture.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »

The main issue I would have with voting for a Muslim isn't terrorists, rather its their overall attitude toward women and some rather horrible aspects of Islamic culture.

Okay, refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. I'd also argue that the treatment of women in Islamic nations is due to the presence of hardliners in government, not the Koran. But then again, I guess the Islamic public in these nations are rather complacent with their authority.

However, I'd still argue that most Muslims who were born in the United States and have lived here for the vast majority of their lives are patriotic, loyal, and believe in American ideals such as equal rights, freedom of speech, and freedom of religion/religious tolerance.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »

Okay, refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. I'd also argue that the treatment of women in Islamic nations is due to the presence of hardliners in government, not the Koran. But then again, I guess the Islamic public in these nations are rather complacent with their authority.

However, I'd still argue that most Muslims who were born in the United States and have lived here for the vast majority of their lives are patriotic, loyal, and believe in American ideals such as equal rights, freedom of speech, and freedom of religion/religious tolerance.

You would think that, but I've heard of too many examples to the contrary. In similar European countries reports of "honor killings" and gay bashings aren't uncommon.

Hell, here's something I just stumbled upon on another forum. Check out the third letter.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 01:48:12 PM »

Pat Robertson isn't really an evangelical Christian. Grin

Sad that "mainline Protestant" and "Atheist" and "Unaffiliated Christian" weren't asked.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »

Well I see the likes of Robertson have managed to attach negative connotations to the word "evangelical" now, sadly.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 05:52:10 PM »

Well I see the likes of Robertson have managed to attach negative connotations to the word "evangelical" now, sadly.

Both Carter and Clinton refer to themselves as evangelicals iirc, so yes it is very sad. Because of a few whackos most people in the blue states think self identified evangelicals are completely in line with Falwell and Robertson.

As for the graph I think that it isn't really surprising Catholics and Jews got the highest yes votes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 09:23:57 PM »

Sad that "mainline Protestant" and "Atheist" and "Unaffiliated Christian" weren't asked.

My guesses:

mainline Protestant - pretty much equal to the Catholic numbers
Atheist - similar to the Muslim numbers
Unaffiliated Christian - marginally lower than the Catholic/mainline Protestant numbers
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »

mainline Protestant - pretty much equal to the Catholic numbers

I'm guessing the percentage that would vote for a mainline Protestant would be higher since few Catholics would not vote for a Protestant for President while some fundamentalist Protestants may still be leary about Catholics.

Atheist may be a little higher than Muslim but definitely lower than Mormon.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 10:29:43 PM »

These is still some anti-Catholicism out there, especially in the 70+ age group and among some extreme Protestant fundamentalist.  I would suspect that a Catholic run in 1952, he could not have been elected (JFK barely was). 

I would be surprised if an Atheist ranked above Muslim.  I would also expect that a Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, or Lutheran would score one or two points above a Catholic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »

I find it hard to believe that any extreme fundamentalist would vote for me, a mainline Protestant, over a right wing Catholic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies