Vote on Articles of Impeachment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote on Articles of Impeachment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Vote on Articles of Impeachment  (Read 5777 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:57 PM »

Three articles of impeachment have been proposed against the President. The full text of the articles is available here. The charges they contain are as follows:

Article I:
(1) On 14 July 2006, Ebowed did declare that EarlAW was no longer a member of the Atlasian Senate.
(2) On 15 July 2006, Ebowed did declare that jerusalemcar5 was no longer a member of the Atlasian Senate.
(3) On 15 July 2006, Ebowed did declare that Captain Vlad was no longer a member of the Atlasian Senate.

Article II:
On 15 July 2006, Ebowed declared that Speed of Sound was barred from holding office in Atlasia for a period of one year.

Article III:
On 15 July 2006, Ebowed declared that the Atlasian Messanger newspaper, edited by Atlasian citizen Speed of Sound was banned, contrary to Article VI, Clause IV of the Atlasian Constitution.

Senators, please vote on each of the above articles of impeachment. You may cast a separate vote on each article.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:45:19 AM »

Voting is now open. A simple majority is necessary to pass any article of impeachment. If the President is impeached, then a trial will be held before the people.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 08:24:07 AM »

Nay
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:13:27 AM »

Aye
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 01:13:23 PM »

While Ebowed is a good friend of mine, I cannot in good conscience vote nay.

Aye
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 01:22:01 PM »

Article I:Nay

Article II:Nay

However, Ebowed did bring this upon himself and I believe he did violate the Constitution and his oath in the following article, regardless of what he did afterwards.  Therefore,

Article III:Aye
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 04:24:41 PM »

After much consideration:

Aye
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »

All articles: Nope
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »

Nay on all articles on the understanding that the President has learnt his lesson and offends no more Wink

'Hawk'

jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »

Nay on all articles on the understanding that the President has learnt his lesson and offends no more Wink

'Hawk'

So if a murderer kills someone and says he won't due it anymore, it was meant to just be some fun, he should be let go, right?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 05:49:36 PM »

'Hawk'

So if a murderer kills someone and says he won't due it anymore, it was meant to just be some fun, he should be let go, right?

You're the one who wrote that he killed people because you hated Ebowed so it's your fault, not his. -_-
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »

'Hawk'

You're the one who wrote that he killed people because you hated Ebowed so it's your fault, not his. -_-

It was a metaphor, Jedi, and he did kill Harry, but Harry rose from the dead.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

Great metaphor.  I like how you compared voting against impeachment to setting a recently captured coldblooded murderer free on the streets.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 05:55:59 PM »

'Hawk'

It was a metaphor, Jedi, and he did kill Harry, but Harry rose from the dead.

and this is the internets. if the real american president decided to go and kill someone, even if that guy rose back from the dead, he'd still be guilty of murder. However, this was a pretend murder in which the person being murdered was playing along, and was in on the fun.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »

Might I request that all further discussion take place in a different thread? I would prefer if we reserved this thread for voting.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »

Nay on all articles of impeachment.  President Ebowed has reformed since this unfortunate series of events.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 12:12:06 PM »

4-4, I guess WMS will decide what happens.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 12:26:43 PM »

Is there a reason for which you are counting Captain Vlad's vote, even after the Senator resigned? (If there is some rule or precedent I am not aware of, I would like to be informed.)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »

Is there a reason for which you are counting Captain Vlad's vote, even after the Senator resigned? (If there is some rule or precedent I am not aware of, I would like to be informed.)
Didnt he vote, then resign? Or does that not matter?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »

At least in teh Senate if you vote and then resign the vote counts because you voted before you resigned.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 05:51:19 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2006, 05:59:05 PM by TCash101 »

At least in teh Senate if you vote and then resign the vote counts because you voted before you resigned.

But in Jerusalemcar5 vs.Senate, we ruled that the number of the Senate was "9" because Yates had resigned, even though he was senator when the vote opened. That is, we upheld your declaration that the Senate was "9" due to Yates' resignation.

The rule on votes on Veto overrides says:

"For the purposes of a Veto Override only, any Senator who Abstains from voting shall be counted as a vote Against the legislation under consideration. "

So, if a senator's resignation in the middle of a vote doesn't change the number, I definitely see an argument that on the Atlasian Bahrain Free Trade bill veto override, since Yates was Senator during part of the voting, but didn't vote, his vote should have counted as an abstention, and thus, "Against the legislation under consideration."

But something's not consistent here. I really recommend the Senate make a rule about what happens when a Senator resigns in the middle of a vote.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »

But in Jerusalemcar5 vs.Senate, we ruled that the number of the Senate was "9" because Yates had resigned, even though he was senator when the vote opened. That is, we upheld your declaration that the Senate was "9" due to Yates' resignation.

The rule on votes on Veto overrides says:

"For the purposes of a Veto Override only, any Senator who Abstains from voting shall be counted as a vote Against the legislation under consideration. "

So, if a senator's resignation in the middle of a vote doesn't change the number, I definitely see an argument that on the Atlasian Bahrain Free Trade bill veto override, since Yates was Senator during part of the voting, but didn't vote, his vote should have counted as an abstention, and thus, "Against the legislation under consideration."

But something's not consistent here. I really recommend the Senate make a rule about what happens when a Senator resigns in the middle of a vote.

That is not the same because Yates had not yet cast a vote.  A vote legally cast by a legal Senator cannot be negated by a resignation.  That makes no sense.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 07:46:56 PM »

A vote legally cast by a legal Senator cannot be negated by a resignation.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=32568.msg757500#msg757500
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »

It wasn't resolved there wither it appears, they just ignored it becaus ethe vote didn't matter.  I meant that from a logical perspective, by the way.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 07:34:54 AM »

Bump, so it's above the signed bills.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies