Dem problems in Michigan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:14:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dem problems in Michigan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dem problems in Michigan  (Read 4921 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 08:27:34 PM »

Well, other people avoid being wrong by not making actual *predictions* far in advance of the election.

It's not my fault Kilgore blew the election. If I had waited until the day before to make a "prediction" than obviously I would have known Kaine would win. My overall predictive record still far surpasses any of the democrats on the site. Of competitive races that I was highly sure about, and thus bet on, I'm right about 90% of the time at 6 months out. Close to the election, I don't even bother. It's not a real prediction.

Let's see...

Kilgore would win - wrong
Bill Nelson was in trouble - wrong
DeVos would win - wrong
Blagojevich would lose - wrong
Kennedy was strong - wrong

Where are the correct predictions?  I can't seem to find any.

That's because you're ignoring his prediction of Bush carrying Washington in 2004! I remember his concluding line from that thread..."this will be a fun thread to dig up when Bush wins Washington".
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 08:33:53 PM »

Another Auh20 classic was his prediction map for 2004 which had Bush winning Vermont. He ended up changing it as I recall eventually, but as BRTD I think once pointed out, Kerry won Vermont by more than Bush won Kentucky, proving Auh20 is a bigger hack than Bandit. Smiley

In any event, thanks for bumping this one. Devos was a horrid candidate; it's not that Granholm couldn't have lost if the GOP had put someone good up (Candice Miller would've had a shot, but given the GOP environment this year still likely would've lost by 3-4 points), but Granholm's deficit in the polls early was due to her getting a late start to her campaign more than anything.

Also, Devos did greatly help the Michigan economy with his 40 million in expenditure on the campaign. Smiley
RBH

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 08:51:36 PM »

Joe Schwarz could have had a decent shot.

He would have gotten the nomination if the GOP primary was divided as follows.

Schwarz - 26%
Conservative - 25%
Conservative - 20%
Conservative - 19%
Conservative - 10%
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 12:25:51 AM »

Another Auh20 classic was his prediction map for 2004 which had Bush winning Vermont. He ended up changing it as I recall eventually, but as BRTD I think once pointed out, Kerry won Vermont by more than Bush won Kentucky, proving Auh20 is a bigger hack than Bandit. Smiley

But Nym, Bush didn't win Kentucky.  It was stolen!
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2006, 12:35:24 AM »

ahahahahahaha. I wish I had found this earlier.

Has any candidate Goldie has declared "doneski" ever lost?

No.
RBH

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2006, 03:11:27 AM »

But Nym, Bush didn't win Kentucky.  It was stolen!

That $200K investment in giving beer to Kentucky voters for voting Bush is really paying off.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies