Atlasian-Fiji Free Trade Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:48:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian-Fiji Free Trade Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian-Fiji Free Trade Bill  (Read 10679 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 23, 2006, 07:31:28 AM »

Atlasian-Fiji Free Trade Bill

1. No tariffs, customs, or restrictions on movement of goods, except those that have been outlawed by the destination or interim nation, shall exist between the Republic of Atlasia and Fiji.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions as may be necessary to implement the provisions of this bill.

Sponsor: Sen. MasterJedi
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:58:24 AM »

I hereby open up the vote on this amendment. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

3. Given ethnic tensions that exist between the Fijian and Indo-Fijian communities and military coups, both achieved and attempted, against democratically elected governments, it is a requirement of this Agreement that Fiji be committed to improving ethnic relations between the two communities by making towards becoming a fully functioning liberal democracy, with respect for political freedoms and civil rights. This shall be monitored by the Secretary of State. In the event of any further ethnic violence or military coups that may erupt that may threaten the political and economic stability of Fiji, and, thus, our mutual interests, then he may temporarily suspend the terms of, and/or request that the Senate revoke this Act in its entirety.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:05 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 05:12:46 PM »

This amendment has passed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 05:15:38 PM »

I hereby open up the final vote on this bill. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 05:16:06 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 02:29:02 PM »

This bill has enough votes to pass. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

With 7 Ayes, 3 Nays and 0 Abstentions this bill has passed. I hereby present it to the President for his signiture.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 03:34:24 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2006, 03:37:52 PM by Senator MasterJedi, PPT »

Veto override I'll be seeking.

EDIT: This is in the 6th override slot but Solomon Islands can't go in one.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 07:28:19 AM »

Why are you being hypocritical Ebowed? You didn't just lapse on one bill. You signed five other bills that had more restirctions than this so you didn't lapse. Nice try though. (The bills are: Thailand, Oman, India, Malaysia and Jordan)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »

Why are you being hypocritical Ebowed? You didn't just lapse on one bill. You signed five other bills that had more restirctions than this so you didn't lapse. Nice try though. (The bills are: Thailand, Oman, India, Malaysia and Jordan)

You're right, I did lapse on more than one bill.  My mistake.  Calling me hypocritical is cute though, because you originally voted Nay on the protectionist amendments and now you vote Aye or Abstain on them.  Do you really think it's safe and fair to assume that either a.) I oppose free trade with this country at all or b.) I favor the racism/ethnic tensions addressed by the amendment?

I just know how to compromise, you don't. We just need to override you each time you don't know what you're doing.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 07:14:45 AM »

We just need to override you each time you don't know what you're doing.

So in other words, you don't merely hold the procedurial duties here, you control how the Senate votes.  As long as you can get six buddies to vote the same way, you can keep that dastardly President in check.  The fact that you basically consider a veto override a non-optional procedure in all instances where I hand down a veto is becoming a serious problem.  Nobody is voting differently on veto overrides than they did on the final passage of the original bill.  What's the damn point?  Why do you even need to me to sign the legislation in the first place?  It's not like my approval matters, because my disapproval certainly doesn't.

So..... you don't want there to be checks and balances? That's what I get from that. Of course the people will vote the same way they did before, why should they vote different?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 07:29:38 AM »

We just need to override you each time you don't know what you're doing.

So..... you don't want there to be checks and balances?

Just putting these gems side-by-side for comparison's sake.  Although, given that I don't know what I'm doing, I had better leave the Senate's every decision to the all-knowing PPT.

'Tis called an opinion, we all have them. If it was the other way around you'd be saying the same thing.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 07:32:01 AM »

That doesn't make it any less amusing or hypocritical.  Pretty poor rebuttal.

No need to, you are doing a pretty good job of it yourself. The rage and attacks to anyone who opposes you has come out again. It helps.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »

I won't take back the hypocrite part because you signed all those bills from before without a noise but now you just don't vote on them. Anyway 'tis early as well, I need to go, getting bored with this.

And there's a 95% chance the veto override vote will start later today.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »

I hereby open up the veto override vote on this bill. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 06:33:07 AM »

This still needs one more Nay to fail (and it will since Jesus flip-flopped). But it is also in the 6th slot for veto overrides now that the Solomon Islands are gone.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 06:29:53 AM »

This veto override has enough votes to fail. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 07:18:30 AM »

With 6 Ayes, 4 Nays and 0 Abstentions this veto override has failed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies