Would you support withdrawing all aid to Iraq until it has a secular government?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Would you support withdrawing all aid to Iraq until it has a secular government?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you support withdrawing all aid to Iraq until it has a secular government?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Would you support withdrawing all aid to Iraq until it has a secular government?  (Read 1044 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »

Yes. I oppose any form of military aid to any Islamist government under any circumstances whatsoever. If I were president I would pull out of troops out of Iraq immediately, and woudn't send a penny of aid to the government.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 12:08:28 PM »

No, but I don't personally support what Iraq has done.  I think the U.S. should verbally condemn it, but not just abandon what we've started.  Which is another point.  When I was in D.C. we did a mock campaign.  And one of the other mock campaigns--3rd District of CO--the candidate was Rob Owens (Rob being the student's 1st name) said, it's not why we went there that matters, but we ARE there, so finish it.  and Heath Kean (Heath the student's name) from NJ said the same.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:05:07 PM »

Obviously not.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »

Wait... all aid or all military "aid".

The first is just plain disgusting.
The second is merely unadvisable from the point of view of the US' reputation and its strategic interests, but morally right.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 04:57:48 PM »

I suppose after the complete destruction of the infrastructure it would be totally wrong for the US to withdraw all humanitarian aid, plus I still think humanitarian aid is still going to Palestine (but absolutely nothing else), so the latter.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »

No. We cannot leave Iraq as long as the insurgency still exists (or at least has the power to inflict damage). I don't like the Islamist government either, but really have no choice but to support them. We're essentially caught between a rock and a hard place. 

Thank You Mr. President for your brilliant tactical planning! Don't you just love lose-lose military situations?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

Hmmm. Lemme see. Withdraw all the U.S. military presence and let the terrorists overrun Iraq and murder anyone who cooperated with the Coalition and use terror and intimidation to make the people of Iraq unwilling to fight them. Since I have compassion I would vote NO!!!!
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »

Yes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 07:06:06 AM »

No.  Quit being a hater.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »

No. I don't like that Iraq bases their government on Islam, but as things stand I'm not sure they could hold their own without our support - in that case let me tell you that the resulting government would possibly still be Islamic and would possibly be much worse than what's there now.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »

I would simply say adios amigos. You can build whatever government you want but keep this in mind; we invaded your country, destroyed your military, put your leader in jail, killed thousands of your civilians and wreaked havoc on your infrastructure because you... well you didn't actually do anything to us. But if we did all this because you didn't do anything to us just imagine what we would do if you gave us a reason to attack. Then it would be "no more Mr. nice guy."
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

I would simply say adios amigos. You can build whatever government you want but keep this in mind; we invaded your country, destroyed your military, put your leader in jail, killed thousands of your civilians and wreaked havoc on your infrastructure because you... well you didn't actually do anything to us. But if we did all this because you didn't do anything to us just imagine what we would do if you gave us a reason to attack. Then it would be "no more Mr. nice guy."

Grin
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies