Survey USA 50 State Approval Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:36:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Survey USA 50 State Approval Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survey USA 50 State Approval Poll  (Read 1970 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: July 26, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »

Inhofe and Coburn;

Thats news to me, I thought they both would have at least mid-50s approval.

Coburn is doing the better the two at 51% while Inhofe is sitting at 45%.

Inhofe has been in since 1994, completing the unexpired term of Democrat David Boren who went on to become the President of the University of Oklahoma.  Oklahomans may are starting getting tired of him and may want a fresh face.  Or, Oklahoma may be starting to drift slightly left again, which is probably more likely the case.

We've never been extremely far to the right, we've been just right of Moderate-Conservative and to the left of Hard-Core, Democrat-Hating Conservative.  Hence, we have a Democrat governor who is expected to be re-elected to a second and final term, plus we have a Democrat State Senate, and a narrowly Republican State House that just went that way in 2004.

I don't know what to make of the polls, yet, honestly, as it is still a little over 27 months from the 2008 General Election.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:57:11 AM »

We've never been extremely far to the right, we've been just right of Moderate-Conservative and to the left of Hard-Core, Democrat-Hating Conservative. 

What exactly do you think Coburn & Inhofe are???  Hint they aren't just to the right of moderate-conservative.

Tom Coburn and Jim Inhofe are pretty far to the right.  I was talking about the state as a whole being moderate-conservative or slightly to the right.  We do have a few liberals running around in this state, plus a Democrat Senate, a narrowly-Republican House that very easily could turn back Democrat (after all it had been Democrat for 80 years before prior to January 2005), and a Democrat Governor who is very well liked with an approval rating in the high 60s to near 80.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies