UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:48:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections  (Read 24142 times)
Tory

« on: June 10, 2004, 07:19:55 PM »

Erm...Go Tories and LDs...>P

Can't decide which I'd like to see win.

Pull for the Tories. We need all the help we can get, especially with those raving mad UKIPers running around stealing all of our votes!!!
Tory

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 07:29:05 PM »

Erm...Go Tories and LDs...>P

Can't decide which I'd like to see win.

Pull for the Tories. We need all the help we can get, especially with those raving mad UKIPers running around stealing all of our votes!!!

Do you think a good (or even semi-decent) performance by UKIP will reignite the Tory party's internal quarrels over Europe? I personally would hate to see that happen, because we need a credible opposition now more than ever, not one which keeps destroying itself over a single issue like Europe.

The UKIP has the potential to destroy everthing The Conservative Party has worked for. The current form of our party is still in infancy. If Labour is to fully work for the people it needs us to keep it in check. If we get embarassed by these loonies we can kiss our hopes of a quick comeback goodbye.
Tory

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 07:59:04 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2004, 07:59:25 PM by Tory »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3796075.stm

It looks like the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives are doing well in the council elections, but it's far too early to make any solid judgements. The Lib Dems gain an even larger presence in Liverpool. The Greens take a seat in Oxford and Manchester(I actually like the Greens and hope they do well).

The British National Party failed to gain ground on Burnley Council, losing one seat to the Conservatives but gaining one from Labour.

Tory chairman Liam Fox said his party had won "spectacular results" in Tamworth and Trafford, but the Conservatives failed to take their target seat of Carlisle.

The UK Independence Party has won a council seat in Hull and is averaging 19% where it has put up candidates. Boo

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies