UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:45:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK Local Elections / European Parliamentary Elections  (Read 24100 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: June 12, 2004, 09:44:46 AM »

So, do you guys have any predictions on the European elections?

Btw, is UKIP really that bad? I thought they cleaned out the racists, etc after the last election? Still, let's keep in mind that we're talking European parliament here...let 'em have it... Wink

We're stable, mature democracies, and we don't need an excessive, bureacratic, African farmer-starving organization to prevent us from engaging in silly wars...I mean, come on...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 12:58:07 PM »

So, do you guys have any predictions on the European elections?

Btw, is UKIP really that bad? I thought they cleaned out the racists, etc after the last election? Still, let's keep in mind that we're talking European parliament here...let 'em have it... Wink

We're stable, mature democracies, and we don't need an excessive, bureacratic, African farmer-starving organization to prevent us from engaging in silly wars...I mean, come on...

UKIP support full withdrawal from Europe and an isolationist foreign policy I believe.

And anti-immigrants. And homophobic. Oh... there ads contained racial slurs against other E.U countries.

THey don't seem to be isolationist, actually. But I can well imagine that they're homophobes... Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 03:40:27 AM »

Just to clarify, the UKIP, is it close to the Republican party in its views?

It's not translatable. Since their major issue is oppositoin to the EU... Wink

But yes, they're conservative, that's for sure.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 05:51:24 AM »

Now, now...I don't think UKIP should be compared to Le Pen or Vlams Blok...there's a marked difference between xenophobic nationalists and racist idiots, IMHO. Vlams Blok vice chairman had to resign after claiming that the Holocaust was very exaggerated. I don't think a lot of people in the UKIP would do that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 06:03:42 AM »

Now, now...I don't think UKIP should be compared to Le Pen or Vlams Blok...there's a marked difference between xenophobic nationalists and racist idiots, IMHO. Vlams Blok vice chairman had to resign after claiming that the Holocaust was very exaggerated. I don't think a lot of people in the UKIP would do that.

One of their new MEP's was a member (and a candidate!) for a white supremicist party.
Kilroy-Silk has made racist remarks about Arabs and Spanish people (he actually lives in a villa in Spain. Hypocrite).

OK...I'll admit to not being an expert but the impression I got is taht there is a difference between Vlams Blok, Le Pen and such parties and more moderate nationalist parties like UKIP...but I could be wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies