Which seat is more likely to flip the next time it is up? Brown or Collins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:59:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which seat is more likely to flip the next time it is up? Brown or Collins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these two Senate seats is more likely to flip the next time it is up?
Sherrod Brown’s seat

Susan Collins’ seat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Which seat is more likely to flip the next time it is up? Brown or Collins?  (Read 811 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2021, 11:16:42 PM »

Which senate seat is more likely to flip? Sherrod Brown’s in 2024 or Susan Collins’ in 2026?
lord_moxley
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 11:20:10 PM »

Brown I think can survive one more cycle and I'm confident she doesn't run again so I'm gonna say Collins seat
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 08:06:17 AM »

OH splits their votes for Prez and Senate, 2018 did that and it can happen in 2022/2024/ this isn't 2004/ where Ds can't win OH

Rs underestimating Ryan or Brown will do so yo their detriment.

There is writing on this forum that Ryan shouldn't even bother campaigning he is DOA, LOL, if Mandel is nominated he will he gift to Ds like STRICKLAND was to Portman
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 08:15:45 AM »

Brown and it's not close, even if Collins retires.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »

Depends who the Republicans run in Ohio, whether Collins runs again, and what the political climates look like during those two years.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 11:18:40 AM »

Easily Brown, even if Collins retires, he is close to DoA
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 11:20:38 AM »

It seriously depends on whether she runs again. If she retires, Brown is easily more likely. If she she runs again OH is probably more likely to flip unless 2026 is under a REALLY unpopular Republican president.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 11:24:21 AM »

Easily Brown, even if Collins retires, he is close to DoA

Yep. Even if she retires, an open seat in ME is very much winnable for Rs in a second Biden/Harris midterm.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 12:00:15 PM »

Brown, and it really doesn’t even depend that much on whether Collins runs again or not.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »

Brown. While I think Republicans would have a hard time holding Collins's seat in a Republican midterm, I'd be pretty sure Brown is losing if Republicans won in 2024. If the Democrats win in 2024 (Brown could win, in that case), it would be a lot easier for Republicans to hold the seat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 12:24:31 PM »

Brown, and it really doesn’t even depend that much on whether Collins runs again or not.

You really think Brown is DoA, the only R left that is popular is Maverick DeWine, not statewide Rs that's why Renacci and Mandel lost to him
PAK Man

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 12:45:10 PM »

Brown. Collins will never be defeated and will retire on her own terms. Both will survive, though.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 01:14:33 PM »

Pretty clearly Brown.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 04:23:57 PM »

Brown's seat.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 04:44:36 PM »

You really think Brown is DoA, the only R left that is popular is Maverick DeWine, not statewide Rs that's why Renacci and Mandel lost to him

You really can't be serious, right now.... Sherrod Brown is the only elected Democrat left in Ohio and he was very lucky he ran in 2018, a year powered by a massive anti-Trump wave and faced a weak opponent in Renacci, compared to running in 2016 or 2020. Frankly, unless 2024 is at least a modest Democratic win (say a D+5 or so PV), I have a tough time seeing Brown winning. The state of Ohio is zooming to the right (it voted 10 points right of the nation in 2016, and 12 points right of the nation in 2020), so it seems on track to vote 14 points to the right of the nation, so even then in the case of a D+5 environment, I find it hard to see Brown outrunning the top of the ticket by 9 points, my guess is he can outrun by at most 7 or so points, and will outrun the ticket by more like anywhere from 3 to 5 points. Unless Ohio's rightward trend suddenly stops or reverses, Brown is in big, big trouble.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 04:46:14 PM »

You really can't be serious, right now.... Sherrod Brown is the only elected Democrat left in Ohio and he was very lucky he ran in 2018, a year powered by a massive anti-Trump wave and faced a weak opponent in Renacci, compared to running in 2016 or 2020. Frankly, unless 2024 is at least a modest Democratic win (say a D+5 or so PV), I have a tough time seeing Brown winning. The state of Ohio is zooming to the right (it voted 10 points right of the nation in 2016, and 12 points right of the nation in 2020), so it seems on track to vote 14 points to the right of the nation, so even then in the case of a D+5 environment, I find it hard to see Brown outrunning the top of the ticket by 9 points, my guess is he can outrun by at most 7 or so points, and will outrun the ticket by more like anywhere from 3 to 5 points. Unless Ohio's rightward trend suddenly stops or reverses, Brown is in big, big trouble.

Imagine making an effort post response to Olawakandi.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »

By the time Collins retires, Maine may have trended to the right enough that a normal Republican can win it, especially if a Democrat is President.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 06:02:41 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2021, 06:07:51 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

It's not 2004/ again in OH, the state isn't Iowa, it has 12% AA, if anyone thinks that OH is safe R like it was in 2004/ isn't gonna be correct. It will eventually vote D

D's thought that PA was a D state until 2016/ MN, WI, MI, OH, PA have significant AA populations about 12% Iowa doesn't it's safe to assumee IA with Reynolds and Ernst will serve as long as they want

It's a plausable scenario, not likely scenario that WI, MI, PA and OH will switch sides again
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »

It's not 2004/ again in OH, the state isn't Iowa, it has 12% AA, if anyone thinks that OH is safe R like it was in 2004/ isn't gonna be correct. It will eventually vote D

D's thought that PA was a D state until 2016/ MN, WI, MI, OH, PA have significant AA populations about 12% Iowa doesn't it's safe to assumee IA with Reynolds and Ernst will serve as long as they want

It's a plausable scenario, not likely scenario that WI, MI, PA and OH will switch sides again

You tell em, king.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies