Dem hopes to take back the House rest on DCCC's $51.5M ad blitz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dem hopes to take back the House rest on DCCC's $51.5M ad blitz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Democrats take back the U.S House?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Dem hopes to take back the House rest on DCCC's $51.5M ad blitz  (Read 2216 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 12:29:47 AM »

Dems will definately take back the house either this year or 2008. Probably this year.

I remember an Economist article back in 2000 that predicted an era of political see-sawing. They said the House would shift back and forth nearly every election cycle. If the Democrats take the House in '06 and lose in the McCain romp of '08, then there will have been three party control shifts in three years.
Well McCain is definitely not a shoe in although some believe so.

I'm laying out a hypothetical. I don't even think he'll get the Republican nomination.
McCain or Giuliani are the only way they can win.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 12:42:39 AM »

Dems will definately take back the house either this year or 2008. Probably this year.

I remember an Economist article back in 2000 that predicted an era of political see-sawing. They said the House would shift back and forth nearly every election cycle. If the Democrats take the House in '06 and lose in the McCain romp of '08, then there will have been three party control shifts in three years.

I'm laying out a hypothetical. I don't even think he'll get the Republican nomination.

Never underestimate the power of Mitt Romney. He's a born politician who even looks lilke a President.
Conan
conan

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 12:47:47 AM »

Never underestimate the power of Mitt Romney. He's a born politician who even looks lilke a President.
Yea but he might fall victim to the 8 years of GOP. No doubt the race would still be close with some others though.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 07:04:06 AM »

The DCCC isn't attacking PA-10, IN-02, KY-03 or NH 02. 

They're putting $150,000 into NH-02 in the final weeks.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

The DCCC isn't attacking PA-10, IN-02, KY-03 or NH 02. 

They're putting $150,000 into NH-02 in the final weeks.

Good to see the update. I wrote that two months ago. Since then, the've run over $500K in ads in PA-10 and IN-02 alone.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies