New Poll: New Yorkers prefer Guiliani over Clinton in 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:11:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  New Poll: New Yorkers prefer Guiliani over Clinton in 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Poll: New Yorkers prefer Guiliani over Clinton in 2008  (Read 2332 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2006, 07:51:53 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207303,00.html

In a Fox News story, New Yorkers would prefer Rudy Guiliani and John McCain over Hillary Clinton.

In the 2006 Senate Race, 57% of New Yorkers prefer Clinton while 38% want fresh blood, unchanged from a June poll.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 08:09:03 PM »

Fox?  No thanks.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »

Even if it's accurate, it will change by election time I would think. McCain will have to solidify himself as right of center and Hillary left to win the nominations. If and when that happens, McCain can forget NY, like Hillary can forget southwestern states and some midwestern states.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:57:29 PM »

Not really. People just don't want Hillary to be President. Except Hillary.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:31:10 PM »

andd we had a poll that suggested Bush was going to beat Gore in MA in 1999. .....
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 05:59:41 AM »

andd we had a poll that suggested Bush was going to beat Gore in MA in 1999. .....

Does anybody have a link to that poll?  It is very intruiging; I'd love to see what methodology would have produced that result.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:14:23 AM »

Does anybody have a link to that poll?  It is very intruiging; I'd love to see what methodology would have produced that result.

ive seen it.  in fact, im pretty sure i saw it when it came out in 99.

to the best of my knowledge it was a rasmussen poll.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

You muuuuuust reeeeeead about the polllllllllll: 

The poll, by Siena College's Research Institute, found the Republican Giuliani leading the former first lady 48 percent to 42 percent among registered voters asked about a hypothetical 2008 presidential matchup. The poll has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

In another possible 2008 matchup, Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona was favored by 46 percent of New York voters, compared to 42 percent for Democrat Clinton.

Other recent New York polls have found similar results.

Wink
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »

It's true, Guiliani's lead is actually understated.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 07:42:23 AM »

It's true, Guiliani's lead is actually understated.

Your belief that NY would actually vote for Guilianai over Clinton is quite silly, racist.
Jacobtm

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 11:02:17 AM »

I really think that Guiliani would beat Clinton in NY. Guiliani won NYC's mayoral race by 59% in '97, once people had seen what he'd done for the city. In my hometown, a very rich, liberal suburb, I've asked alot of people how they think Guiliani would do in NY, and pretty much all of them agreed that Guiliani could easily win NY.

NY isn't all people who vote Democratic because they support the extreme left wing of the Democratic party; alot of them just do it out of habbit. However, a New York Republican that's so highly regarded could easily shift alot of people's voting patterns.

Of course, there's alot more to it than just that, and people don't really seem to understand how insanely complex NYC can actually be...
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 11:23:41 AM »

Why does no one know how to spell GIULIANI?

G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I

Christ.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I

Christ.

It is one of those bizarre ethnic names that we midwesterners would prefer not to exert the effort to learn.  After all the fellow is a has-been who will never be president.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 11:31:11 AM »

G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I

Christ.

It is one of those bizarre ethnic names that we midwesterners would prefer not to exert the effort to learn.  After all the fellow is a has-been who will never be president.

Good job the Midwest is devoid of such difficult ethnic names like Blagojevich, Obama, Pawlenty, Klobuchar and Feingold, to name a couple.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »

Of course Hillary would beat Giulani in NY.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 02:16:06 PM »

New York
Hillary 54%
Rudy 45%
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 03:02:17 PM »

In an actual Presidential election, I have no doubt Hillary Clinton would defeat Rudolph Giuliani in the great state of New York.

When it comes right down to it, it would be, after all, a Democrat and a Republican.

You would have to have a landslide along the proportions of Nixon in 1972 or Reagan in 1984 for a Republican, even Giuliani, to win New York State.
jman724
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »

If Giuliani where to be the GOP nominee and Hillary the Dem, i think he would most likely lose NY in '08, though it would be by a narrow margin, something like 52-47.  However, if he were a successful and popular president, i think it is quite possible that 2012 would be a massive landslide nationally, giving him the state of New York by a double-digit margin. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 03:42:56 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2006, 03:46:03 PM by Sofalewis »

Here and here. Same pollster, different polls.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »

It's academic anyway. Guiliani would win in a massive blowout. Whether NY would fall to Guiliani as well, obviously there is partisan disagreement. Democrats do tend to be divorced from reality. But what are a few dozen EVs when you win by 200+?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »

It's academic anyway. Guiliani would win in a massive blowout. Whether NY would fall to Guiliani as well, obviously there is partisan disagreement. Democrats do tend to be divorced from reality. But what are a few dozen EVs when you win by 200+?

Giuliani would not defeat Clinton by 200 EVs, thats insane.  In order to even have a remote chance at the GOP Primary Rudy would have to move rightward which would make a 200 EV victory basically impossible.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 08:44:09 PM »

Giuliani would not defeat Clinton by 200 EVs, thats insane.  In order to even have a remote chance at the GOP Primary Rudy would have to move rightward which would make a 200 EV victory basically impossible.

Keep in mind that the racist tends to be divorced from reality.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 07:02:12 AM »

Keep in mind that the racist tends to be divorced from reality.

Yup . . . McKinney lost last night.  Thanks for reminding us.  Tongue
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 09:35:02 AM »

I find this poll just a little hard to believe.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 06:16:11 PM »

Personally, as a New Yorker, I believe this.  New York certainly doesn't have issues voting Republican.  We're not one-party like Massachusetts.  Hillary would have a tough time garnering the left vote with her not so stellar voting record and the key suburbs would swing heavily to Giuliani.  New York would be in play, how the campaigns shapoed up would determine the winner.

However, I am certain Hillary would beat McCain fairly easily.  McCain has far less appeal among those I've spoken with.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies