Rasmussen: Klobucher(D) still maintains lead over Kennedy(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:56:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Klobucher(D) still maintains lead over Kennedy(R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Klobucher(D) still maintains lead over Kennedy(R)  (Read 2159 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2006, 11:40:23 AM »
« edited: August 07, 2006, 11:43:39 AM by olawakandi »

New Poll: Minnesota Senator by Rasmussen on 2006-08-01

Summary: D: 50%, R: 38%, I: 5% U: 0%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 11:45:25 AM »

Even I wouldn't have predicted a 12 point lead. But with the way things are going now, it's possible, with the way Kennedy is being hammered in the media. Smiley
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:03:40 PM »

Kennedy's ceiling is 43-45%. I think the dip in Kennedy's polling can be ontributed to the trips made by GWB.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »

Kennedy's ceiling is 43-45%. I think the dip in Kennedy's polling can be ontributed to the trips made by GWB.

It's also that the Star Trib pretty much completely debunked his current ad.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 04:26:29 PM »

Polls on this race have been all over the place. Kennedy trails right now but  not by 12, I doubt independents are drawing 5% either.

Kennedy's "ceiling" is to win the race, but the current environment isn't too great for him.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »

he is a bush clone
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »

It's also that the Star Trib pretty much completely debunked his current ad.

It's now been replaced by an ad about his family.  The creepy thing is... they all have his hair.  All of his family (except for his wife) has brown, curly hair!  Aaaaah!  Scary!  And all the men have the same style too.

(Yeah, the advertising is still in its 'cutesy squeaky-clean family' phase, as Klobuchar has an ad with her husband and daughter in it)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 12:13:08 AM »

The I is probably the Independence Party candidae. They've topped 5% many times so it is possible, although I'm suprised since they are on a steady decline.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 04:15:16 AM »

My prediction:

KLOBUCHAR (D) 52%
KENNEDY (R) 43%
FITZGERALD (I) 3%
OTHER 2%
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »

The I is probably the Independence Party candidae. They've topped 5% many times so it is possible, although I'm suprised since they are on a steady decline.

"Independence candidate Robert Fitzgerald draws support from 5% of respondents."

This might be a little high, perhaps Green Party supporters are also responding for the Independence party person, too (because whoever the GP guy is, he wasn't included in the poll).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 11:38:31 AM »

"Independence candidate Robert Fitzgerald draws support from 5% of respondents."

This might be a little high, perhaps Green Party supporters are also responding for the Independence party person, too (because whoever the GP guy is, he wasn't included in the poll).

Besides, I've never seen a poll including a minor third-party that didn't overestimate their support (unless it was a "name the candidate you support" poll).
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 11:56:31 AM »

Polls on this race have been all over the place

Klobuchar has led in every poll.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 12:03:39 PM »

That would not suprise me since Fitzgerald seems to be trying to run to the left of Kolbuchar (Independence Party = UAC)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 10:58:26 PM »

Something interesting, take what you will from the source (although this shouldn't be too hard to look up, but according to wikipedia, Klobuchar currently has more cash than Kennedy, about $1.1 million to a little under a million for Kennedy. This may be an insigificant amount, but it is notable since Kennedy has by every source I've seen raised more than Klobuchar, something like $3 million to $2 million. So with these numbers he would've had to have outspent her massively by now. I haven't seen any ads yet outside of their websites since I basically never watch TV during the summer so I can't gauge which are being played more, but if Kennedy is outspending Klobuchar at such a level and going DOWN in the polls, it just continues to underscore how much of a godawful campaign he is running.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »

Actually, Kennedy's been outraising Klobuchar $6mil to $5mil, IIRC.  I'm not sure about cash on hand.

Kennedy's ads have been playing more though.  He's had about 3, I believe, while Klobuchar's had 2.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 02:08:35 PM »

Kennedy's ads have been playing more though.  He's had about 3, I believe, while Klobuchar's had 2.

I wish we had ads Sad.  The only ads we've had (a couple Spitzer, one Suozzi, and one Cuomo) have been Democratic since the Republicans can't afford to buy any.  I haven't seen any of their ads lately.  Maybe Spitzer realized he is easily going to win and Suozzi realized he's going to be crushed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies