What now for Dean?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:10:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What now for Dean?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What now for Dean?  (Read 16160 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2004, 06:48:08 PM »

You guessed right, both my parents are German. But I've lived in Britain for most of my life.

My grand-mother comes from Austria and Germany.

Alright. Smiley Do you know which part she's from?

Not entirely sure, I will check it with my mum and come back to tomorrow. She was Jewish, so she fled Austria in 1938 when the Germans arrived. She had been picked out to be a "flower-girl" and greet Hitler and the German troops...that's when she decided to get out. I believe my great grand-father is from Kiel, he was an artist, and there is a museum with his paintings there.
M

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2004, 12:22:12 AM »

I din't know you were part Jewish! You know if your maternal grandmother was Jewish, you are Jewish by Jewish and Nazi law... not American though!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2004, 12:27:03 AM »

wow there isnt alot of swedish jews... in that case whats your feelings on israeli ambassdor trashing that art exibit last week
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2004, 12:48:23 PM »

I din't know you were part Jewish! You know if your maternal grandmother was Jewish, you are Jewish by Jewish and Nazi law... not American though!

I know! It's my maternal grandmother, so I could emigrate to Isael if I wanted...I like to point it out at times, b/c I think Jews are generally smart and successfull people... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2004, 12:49:18 PM »

wow there isnt alot of swedish jews... in that case whats your feelings on israeli ambassdor trashing that art exibit last week

I understand his feelings, but I think he overreacted, especially considering the fact that he's an ambassador and should know how to behave himself. So it made the news in the US as well, then?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2004, 02:00:05 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2004, 02:08:39 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

I understand his feelings, but I think he overreacted, especially considering the fact that he's an ambassador and should know how to behave himself. So it made the news in the US as well, then?

I share that sentiment. The exhibit was extremely distasteful in my opinion, but I also tend to feel a bit uneasy when politicians meddle in art.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2004, 02:17:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Agreed... Except for Kim Howells!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2004, 03:19:08 PM »

There aren't that few...they are quite notable, many of them, so they still play a pretty important role in society. Like everywhere... Smiley
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2004, 01:44:46 AM »

Here's what I think is in store for Dean next:  a comeback.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2004, 06:56:39 AM »

Pfft. Wishful thinking. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2004, 09:46:36 AM »

Possible, but not likely. He is going down in NH.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2004, 11:20:01 AM »

Possible, but not likely. He is going down in NH.

Your only opposed to Dean cause you support the war!!! If you think the lifes of the men and women in armed services should be put at risk for a war that is used for revenge then you are wrong!!!

But back to the issue; Dean doesn't have to win NH. He has had a fall but now he will rise again and it will be great.

The fact's are that Iowa and NH are important but Dean still has a chance.

What!? You can spell and make coherent posts! What's happened?

This is not a thread devoted to the Iraq War, if you wanna discuss that, then start a thread under general discussion board.

You're right that Dean still has a chance, but he was way ahead in New Hampshire, and when he loses there it will be a great blow to him. And I try not to let my personal opinions influence my predictions, so my prediction that Dean is going down isn't dependeing on the fact that I would never vote for him.  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2004, 12:01:05 PM »

What if Dean come second, but not far away from Kerry?

Then, since he was ay ahead before, he will lose more and Kerry will gain more. Kerry will add on to his momentum, and when they reach Feb 3rd, Dean will most likely slip even more.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2004, 12:35:06 PM »

Then, since he was ay ahead before, he will lose more and Kerry will gain more. Kerry will add on to his momentum, and when they reach Feb 3rd, Dean will most likely slip even more.

Ok, but dont you think it is quite possibile that Dean can still win big on Feb 3rd. He dose have the organisation and the money. That's why bush won in 2000 he had the money to take it all the way. Right?

Yes, but Dean is falling rapidly in polls. He is 22 points behind Clark in Oklahoma now, at 4th place. A month ago he was 1st with 24%. More than half of his support has disappeared. In California he is now 5 points behind Kerry, when he was 21 points ahead of him a week ago.
mr_president
Rookie

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2004, 12:44:54 PM »

Ok, but dont you think it is quite possibile that Dean can still win big on Feb 3rd. He dose have the organisation and the money. That's why bush won in 2000 he had the money to take it all the way. Right?

Yes, but Dean is falling rapidly in polls. He is 22 points behind Clark in Oklahoma now, at 4th place. A month ago he was 1st with 24%. More than half of his support has disappeared. In California he is now 5 points behind Kerry, when he was 21 points ahead of him a week ago.

He is no longer the front runner... that's good. Now all the other candidates wont attack him (as much). Just give Dean some time.

By the way what is the site you are getting your polls from?  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2004, 12:46:23 PM »

He is no longer the front runner... that's good. Now all the other candidates wont attack him (as much). Just give Dean some time.

The heat will lessen some, that's right, but he WAS the front-runner, and when he can't live up to expectations it will hurt him.

Here is the site: http://www.davidwissing.com
mr_president
Rookie

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2004, 01:10:39 PM »

The heat will lessen some, that's right, but he WAS the front-runner, and when he can't live up to expectations it will hurt him.

Only a year ago many people would have been asking who is Howard Dean. He wouldn’t in his wildest of dreams believed he would ever be the front-runner. He has got to be front-runner and will again. Despite loosing Iowa and most-likely coming second in New Hampshire he can still make it. Kerry is not a bad guy but lets not give up on Dean. We both want change that’s why you supported the war that’s why I support Dean.  

Thanks for the web site.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2004, 01:13:21 PM »

Only a year ago many people would have been asking who is Howard Dean. He wouldn’t in his wildest of dreams believed he would ever be the front-runner. He has got to be front-runner and will again. Despite loosing Iowa and most-likely coming second in New Hampshire he can still make it. Kerry is not a bad guy but lets not give up on Dean. We both want change that’s why you supported the war that’s why I support Dean.  

Thanks for the web site.

You're welcome. I understand that you want Dean to win, but I don't think one gets to be front runner more than once in a race like this. He does have organization and money going for him, so he's not dead yet, but he will have a hard time.
mr_president
Rookie

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2004, 01:26:01 PM »

Thanks for the web site.

You're welcome. I understand that you want Dean to win, but I don't think one gets to be front runner more than once in a race like this. He does have organization and money going for him, so he's not dead yet, but he will have a hard time.

Let's just give him a little more time. But Dean dose give a darn good concession speech.... LOL
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2004, 02:04:53 PM »

It seems Dean has stopped the bleeding in the New Hampshire polls.  Now all he has to do is not slip up and hope for a blizzard on Tuesday.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2004, 05:44:42 PM »

Kerry will easily win NH, now the only question is will Dean finish second, third or fourth.  Dean has the largest national organization and the biggest burn rate for his contributions.   If he falls below 2nd he may rapidly exhaust his money and fall into debt.  I think  he has already stopped running ads outside of NH.  I always thought his passion would take him to the convention, but, now I'm not sure how far beyond super Tuesday he'll go.  Same for Clark, the anti-Dean, as Dean fades so too is Clark likely to fade, leaving a clear path for Kerry, perhaps with Edwards as the Southern running mate.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2004, 05:47:27 PM »

Kerry will easily win NH, now the only question is will Dean finish second, third or fourth.  Dean has the largest national organization and the biggest burn rate for his contributions.   If he falls below 2nd he may rapidly exhaust his money and fall into debt.  I think  he has already stopped running ads outside of NH.  I always thought his passion would take him to the convention, but, now I'm not sure how far beyond super Tuesday he'll go.  Same for Clark, the anti-Dean, as Dean fades so too is Clark likely to fade, leaving a clear path for Kerry, perhaps with Edwards as the Southern running mate.
I think you are jumping the gun just a wee bit.
M

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2004, 05:22:22 AM »

I hope he is. Would be nice to have Dean or Clark, although Kerry isn't too hard.
But I think he's right.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies