Canada
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:44:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada  (Read 1344 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2006, 01:09:07 PM »

How come we never discuss this anymore?  Last Ipsos-Reid poll, from July 31:

CPC 39% (-4)
LPC 27% (+2)
NDP 17% (+2)

Also, can somebody with knowledge of the sitation tell me who are the frontrunners in the LPC leadership race?

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 01:19:08 PM »

I think the reason for that, is that we have to be at least a few months away from the next General Election Wink

Apparently the Tories have been hurt in the polls by the Lebanon crisis. As far as provincial politics goes, apparently the Ontario NDP are polling their best numbers post-Rae (maybe the fact that he's now associated in the public mind with being a Liberal is a factor behind that?).
Oh and NB has an election soon.

Not sure about the federal Liberal race; I've heard that Dion and Dryden are doing well, but that's about it.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 01:52:55 PM »

Yes, the Conservatives have slipped in the polls lately, but it's not just about Lebanon. The Afghan mission has turned from tolerable to sour in the public mind, and Harper hasn't done much to improve his image since the election.

As for the LPC leadership: Ignatieff is still the front runner, possibly insurmountably, depending on who you ask. Rae, Dion, and Kennedy are the only other real contenders. All the other candidates have run lacklustre campaigns and probably won't get more than 5-10% on any ballot.

Things should shape up after Labour Day. By then it'll be evident who is the front runner, the challenger(s), and whether or not the balloting will be a real contest. My bets are still on an Ignatieff/Dion showdown with Ignatieff finally getting it (regrettably).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 06:59:25 AM »

How come we never discuss this anymore? 
Main reason is that he have far fewer Canadians active than we used to.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

Yeah, Im the only Canadian left Sad

But anyways, Michael Ignatieff is the front runner I'd say, but it's anyones race right now.  I'm rooting for Kennedy for the better of the country. Ignatieff or Bob Rae would be great for the NDP. Bob Rae wont win though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies