Opinion of Oscar Romero
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:47:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Oscar Romero
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: FF or HP
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Opinion of Oscar Romero  (Read 1209 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2006, 03:17:24 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Romero

A religious even opebo should like.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

Giant Freedom Fighter
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:18:35 PM »

He was really good on Batman!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:12:16 AM »

That disgusting John Paul that just (finally) died was out to get this type of less bad churchman.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 11:47:25 AM »

Freedom Fighter

Dave
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 11:14:24 PM »

That disgusting John Paul that just (finally) died was out to get this type of less bad churchman.

Yes, but since he was "a religious", wouldn't Oscar Romero still have to be fed to the lions?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »

Yes, but since he was "a religious", wouldn't Oscar Romero still have to be fed to the lions?

There's the option of waiting until the end and seeing if the lions are still hungry.  That's what opebo said he'd do with BRTD, another christian he likes.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 11:38:07 PM »

There's the option of waiting until the end and seeing if the lions are still hungry.  That's what opebo said he'd do with BRTD, another christian he likes.

True, but one would hope that examples such as these two would lead him to believe that not all Christians are as bad as he thinks, and that there is obviously therefore nothing fundmentally evil about it, rather the problem in his view would then be the individuals themselves who simply happen to be predisposed to be attracted to the religion.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »

True, but one would hope that examples such as these two would lead him to believe that not all Christians are as bad as he thinks, and that there is obviously therefore nothing fundmentally evil about it, rather the problem in his view would then be the individuals themselves who simply happen to be predisposed to be attracted to the religion.

I really doubt he is real.  I mean, I think he lives in Thailand and screws hookers and so on, but I doubt he really has political views of any sort or cares about them.  He's just here to rile people up and have a good time.  Just enjoy his presence and don't take him too seriously, you'll get plenty of laughs out of opebo that way.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 11:50:52 PM »

I really doubt he is real.  I mean, I think he lives in Thailand and screws hookers and so on, but I doubt he really has political views of any sort or cares about them.  He's just here to rile people up and have a good time.  Just enjoy his presence and don't take him too seriously, you'll get plenty of laughs out of opebo that way.

I agree, but I guess part of me is naive enough to take people at face value.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 08:19:03 AM »

Amen.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »

Note opebo did say "less bad". I think his reasoning is while he'd prefer for all religion to be destroyed, since it's going to exist he'd prefer for more tolerable   forms to be more prominent, hence he'd prefer Romero to any of the Popes. The same logic in how he tolerates Buddhism much more than any monotheistic one.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 08:27:47 AM »

Note opebo did say "less bad". I think his reasoning is while he'd prefer for all religion to be destroyed, since it's going to exist he'd prefer for more tolerable   forms to be more prominent, hence he'd prefer Romero to any of the Popes. The same logic in how he tolerates Buddhism much more than any monotheistic one.

Right, and it's good that he can at least recognize the shades of grey, but he still seems unwilling to reconsider the possibility that all religious people are not bad. His conclusion would rest on the premise that religion itself is what makes people bad, rather than simply bad people (in his opinion, of course) being attracted to religion, which I think if he thought it through is the conclusion that would make a lot more sense.

And the fact that I'm analyzing this as much as I am is probably sad and pathetic, but I enjoy this kind of thing. Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

Note opebo did say "less bad". I think his reasoning is while he'd prefer for all religion to be destroyed, since it's going to exist he'd prefer for more tolerable   forms to be more prominent, hence he'd prefer Romero to any of the Popes. The same logic in how he tolerates Buddhism much more than any monotheistic one.

Right, and it's good that he can at least recognize the shades of grey, but he still seems unwilling to reconsider the possibility that all religious people are not bad. His conclusion would rest on the premise that religion itself is what makes people bad, rather than simply bad people (in his opinion, of course) being attracted to religion, which I think if he thought it through is the conclusion that would make a lot more sense.

And the fact that I'm analyzing this as much as I am is probably sad and pathetic, but I enjoy this kind of thing. Smiley

Like Tweed said, you're taking what he says too seriously.

He did admit there are some people he'd spare from the lions, when I posted a site for Christian polyamourous, swingers and prostitutes and a leftist Christian PAC because they have "abandoned the intolerance present in much of Christianity"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies