UN: Saddam shipped WMD's before, during, and after the 2003 Iraq war. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:47:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  UN: Saddam shipped WMD's before, during, and after the 2003 Iraq war. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UN: Saddam shipped WMD's before, during, and after the 2003 Iraq war.  (Read 1375 times)
Alfie
Rookie

« on: June 15, 2004, 09:58:51 PM »

Okay I found this on Drudge(with a link ti the world tribune)

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_1.html

Anyone know how accurate it is?

Have you ever heard of WorldTribune.Com, a self-described "internet newspaper?  I have not.  I read the piece, and notice that there was no writer's byline.  Here's a jpeg of the article.   The byline states "Special to WorldTribune.com":

Why wouldn't there be some "imprimatur" of a source, like AP or Reuters?  

I also checked the UN's Web site (Geez -- what DOES the UN do for staff.  Do they outsource their Web operations to a Chinese state enterprise where non-paid political prisoners are forced to work?) .  The UN's press office mentioned the WMD briefing, but in utter generality.

Last, as of mid-day, I hadn't seen any confirming stories anywhere.  Perhaps that's changed, but with "Drudge" as source, chances are good the story is wrong, or off.

Now why, if true, would this story be harmful to JFK?  After all, Kerry didn't force Bush to invade -- Bush chose to go -- some would say he was delighted to "Bring on Da Noise".  Nope.  Bush, not America, "owns" Iraq (which is not to say we won' be paying  for it).   Iraq is Bush's creation, his baby.  No sensible person could say the situation in Iraq indicates anything other than deep distress for America.  That "sinking feeling" is hitting America even as we write.   There is no "happy ending" for Bush, or for Bush and Iraq -- though here may be hope for an Iraq, sans Bush, but even that is mostly hoping.  

No, Bush is over.  Don't think he knows it?  He is even more confused, more scattered, and more grandiose -- detached, really -- than I recall at any other time in his term.  Singular.

- Alfie

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies