Something we can all be happy about for once...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:28:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something we can all be happy about for once...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Something we can all be happy about for once...  (Read 2198 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:56:24 AM »

Well, some of you might have heard this, but last week one of our favorite Democrat lunatics Cynthia McKinney lost a bid for re-election last week. I think most of us regardless of party will be happy to have this nut out of our government.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyID=2006-08-09T062114Z_01_N08218745_RTRUKOC_0_US-GEORGIA.xml

Cynthia McKinney loses Georgia run-off race
Wed Aug 9, 2006 2:21am ET
By Matthew Bigg

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Democrat Cynthia McKinney, Georgia's first African American congresswoman, lost her primary run-off race on Tuesday, paying a price for strident rhetoric and a failure to galvanize supporters.

Her opponent, Hank Johnson, won 59 percent of the vote in Georgia's 4th Congressional District, according to Atlanta station WSB-TV's Web site.

McKinney had been expected to cruise through the July primary but emerged only 3 percent ahead of Johnson, a lawyer and former county commissioner, and was forced into a run-off for a seat she has held since 2004.

In June, McKinney was forced to apologize on the floor of the House over an incident at the Capitol that drew rebukes from lawmakers of both parties, in which she poked a police officer who stopped her at a checkpoint after failing to recognize her.

The Justice Department declined to charge her over the incident, but Republicans seized on the opportunity to paint her as a loose cannon.

In a brief concession speech, McKinney said she wished the new district representative well, while Johnson told cheering supporters he would work to heal divisions caused during the campaign. Johnson will face Republican Catherine Davis in the November 7 election.

Of course, in typical nutjob fashion, she's challenging the primary results - fortunately this will likely fail.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 12:00:36 PM »

Of course, in typical nutjob fashion, she's challenging the primary results - fortunately this will likely fail.

Let's not forget those new Black Panther body guards of hers who were throwing around anti-Semitic comments everywhere either.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 12:05:34 PM »

Let's not forget those new Black Panther body guards of hers who were throwing around anti-Semitic comments everywhere either.

Yep, Muslims don't change, regardless of race or ethnicity.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 12:08:47 PM »

I get the impression that Cynthia McKinney will one day be a recluse who has lots of cats, hoards newspapers and small children make up stories about her crazy house Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:10:14 PM »

I get the impression that Cynthia McKinney will one day be a recluse who has lots of cats, hoards newspapers and small children make up stories about her crazy house Smiley

HAHAHA
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »

HAHAHA

^^^^^^
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:27:17 PM »

HAHAHA

^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 04:48:16 PM »

Yes, I was very happy when Johnson defeated her in the primary.

I'll be even happier if William Jefferson loses his primary. He's the most corrupt Democrat in Washington.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »

I'll be even happier if William Jefferson loses his primary. He's the most corrupt Democrat in Washington.

^^^^^^^^
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 04:58:14 PM »

^^^^^^^^

^^^^

The more we show we can kick loser Dems out of our party even if they are incumbents, the better we look.

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 06:18:06 PM »

^^^^^^^^

^^^^

The more we show we can kick loser Dems out of our party even if they are incumbents, the better we look.

Well you should be happy for it because corrupt officials are getting thrown out of power than because it makes you look better.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »

I hope she succeeds - or runs as an independent.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 08:03:51 PM »

Documentation, please?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 08:04:31 PM »

You mean like Barbara Bush?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 08:27:03 PM »

No, I see her as a poll dancer. Smiley
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 09:30:10 PM »

^^^^^^^^

^^^^

Well you should be happy for it because corrupt officials are getting thrown out of power than because it makes you look better.

Obviously they go hand in hand.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 09:57:28 PM »

Documentation, please?

What, you mean:  "McKinney Supporters Blaming Jews"

Despite a landslide loss in Tuesday night's primary runoff against Hank Johnson, the controversy just keeps coming out of the Cynthia McKinney campaign.

First there was a scuffle between McKinney's bodyguards and an 11Alive news photographer, then there were remarks made to a cable network news crew, in which members of McKinney's entourage allegedly made shocking anti-Semitic remarks.

The Anti-Defamation League says they want to hear from McKinney and they want her to disavow the anti-Semitic remarks reported by the network crew, remarks that recall the scandal that cost her the election in 2002.

“We’re seeing some Cynthia McKinney supporters are resorting to anti-Semitic and racist language and again blaming the Jews for her loss in this campaign,” said ADL southeast Associate Director Shelley Rose.

The remarks were allegedly made just moments after McKinney's entourage passed out of earshot of 11Alive cameras, as the congresswoman left her campaign headquarters on Tuesday night.

Someone reportedly said quote, “You wanna know what led to the loss? Israel. The Zionists. You. put on your yarmulke and celebrate."

(Cont...)

I'm surprised you haven't seen the video of this, let alone not heard of it.  It's been on all the news channels out here.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »

The story says "allegedly." I frankly have a hard time believing that the remarks were actually made, especially because it seems like the TV station has an ongoing feud with McKinney.

The station is owned by the same company that owns the very conservative USA Today, by the way.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 10:25:10 PM »

The story says "allegedly." I frankly have a hard time believing that the remarks were actually made, especially because it seems like the TV station has an ongoing feud with McKinney.

The station is owned by the same company that owns the very conservative USA Today, by the way.

Like I asked, have you not seen the video?  Maybe I can find it for you . . . but really, you need to start watching the news.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 10:30:37 PM »

Here you go, here's one of the videos:

"McKinney's New Black Panther body guards"
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 10:38:36 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was staged by some Rethug operative.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:05 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was staged by some Rethug operative.

What is a Rethug?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 11:45:52 PM »

Why on earth would I be happy about this?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 11:47:01 PM »

Why on earth would I be happy about this?

Because all the conservatives here insist on it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 12:14:12 AM »

What is a Rethug?

Rethuglican, you know, what you are. Cheesy It all makes sense in the land of the insane...it really does. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies