bizarre George Allen "macaca" incident (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  bizarre George Allen "macaca" incident (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: bizarre George Allen "macaca" incident  (Read 8554 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: August 15, 2006, 12:33:46 AM »

It seems it has gotten a lot of coverage.  Hannity and Colmes is showing the clip.  I think George Allen is stupid, racist, hateful and incompetent to serve in the US Senate - he deserves to lose for this remark alone and its sad that what many suspect is true; racism hasn't really gone away in America.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:55:01 AM »

It seems it has gotten a lot of coverage.  Hannity and Colmes is showing the clip.  I think George Allen is stupid, racist, hateful and incompetent to serve in the US Senate - he deserves to lose for this remark alone and its sad that what many suspect is true; racism hasn't really gone away in America.

Do you know what other politicians are saying behind minority groups backs? No, neither do I, so I wouldn't go off just condemning one man for an insult (against a UVA student of all things Tongue). How many of those rich folks either Republican or Democrat want to deal with lowly blacks, blue collar whites are any group they aren't "as good as them"?

What can you possibly mean?  He insulted him and I think if Allen or anyone else in his campaign or on the right apologised then it would just be so much better.  No, I don't know what politicians are saying I admit - but I would hope that they don't say this and at least I know they don't in public.  Allen has a long history of shady possibly racist associations.  Welcome to Virginia!  He's hardly from the Cradle of the Confederacy is he, he was born in Whittier, California for God's sake!
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 01:04:23 AM »

Well I think its a big deal and I don't like how people like Sean Hannity and Republican posters on the forum are trying to dismiss it as some kind of novelty and as Democrats making a fuss.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies