Democrats to Run as Wal-Mart Foes in the Upcoming Midterm Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:16:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats to Run as Wal-Mart Foes in the Upcoming Midterm Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrats to Run as Wal-Mart Foes in the Upcoming Midterm Elections  (Read 3105 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »

I'm sure that Wal-Mart workers love their $8 an hour jobs and crappy benefits.

It doesn't make sense to try to improve the way they treat their workers, right?

I'm sure they're happy to have a job.

But it really doesn't matter anyway. Putting stickers on little kids and handing out carts doesn't need any special skills to do. That's why the job is worth $ 8.00 with few benefits. Not because Wal-Mart hates its employees or likes to exploit them. I see nothing wrong with paying employees their market value salaries.
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »

Believe me, if you have ever shopped at WalMart, you are 'trash' in the sense that you have no political power, and are essentially a serf in the american system.

as opposed, perhaps, to "if you have ever stolen from walmart, as I do regularly and brag about, you are a 'leach' in the sense that while you still have no political power, you at least have your parents to pay for the pussy you cannot get by charm or wit, and the means to wile away the hours making yourself feel better by cutting others down."

My dear chap!  I have not cut anyone down!  You were, I must point out, the one who labelled some of your fellow workers 'trash', and I was, to be fair, the one who protested this.

Honestly, I do not consider it 'cutting others down' to call attention to their oppression, angus.  Their injury is caused by State violence perpetrated on behalf of their social betters, the owning class, which monopolizes political power.  I hardly think that my recognizing this fact is their main problem.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I quite understand your motivation to attack the messenger, angus, but I would like to remind you that this is precisely what those who control you want.  I would also like to interject that my own personal failings or inadequacies, however great, do not in any way detract from the validity of my observations... and anyway you are only seeing them from your unfortunate indocrination in the 'work ethic'.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies