B5 forever
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  B5 forever
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
G'Kar/Lennier (V)

Lando Molari/Vir Cotto (S)

Susan Ivanova/John Garabaldi (HI)

Bester/Lyta Alexander (PUT)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: B5 forever  (Read 1378 times)
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:03:56 AM »

I see the Vorlon is back among us, so I figured I'd put up a Babylon 5 style presidental poll.

Sheridan eventually had to step down as president of the Galaxy, and there are many possible replacements.

From the inheritors of the light/vorlon ideals, we have G'Kar, noted Freedom Fighter/terrorist turned philosopher/theologian, and the young and enthusiastic mimbari Lennier.

For the inheritors of the Shadows (but promising reform), we have Lando Molari, and his very loyal assistant/VP Vir.

On the human independent ticket, we have The highly millitant Susan "God sent me" Ivanova, and the similarly persistant Security chief Garamendi.

And finally, for the outside longshot (pending psyproofing the diebold machines) we have the psy-unity ticket - the manipulative Bester coupled with the vastly overpowered Lyta Alexander.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:54 AM »

Gotta vote G'Kar.

Citizen G'Kar: If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth... for understanding. Too often, we assume that the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search - who does not bring a lantern - sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light... pure and unblemished... not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe - God looks astonishingly like we do - or we turn to look at our shadow and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and in all its flaws; and in so doing, better understand the world around us.

Citizen G'Kar: The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:04:48 AM »

G'Kar/Lennier.

What hinders me from voting Ivanova is that right-wing hack she picked as her running mate. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:45:11 AM »

Ivanova would win, because of the pro-human, anti-telepath leanings of the electorate.

I would vote for anyone but Londo.  After he had me beheaded, I don't really trust him anymore.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:50:04 AM »

"Actually.  Now that you mention it ... ."

I vote for that consummate politician Londo Molari, of the House of Molari.  I believe that he is the only character to be both head of government and head of state.  He is also the second to be head of state, behind Sheridan (if B5 qualifies as an independent state); of course, it wasn't around when Sheridan went beyond the rim.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:15:58 AM »

I vote for that consummate politician Londo Molari, of the House of Molari.  I believe that he is the only character to be both head of government and head of state.  He is also the second to be head of state, behind Sheridan (if B5 qualifies as an independent state); of course, it wasn't around when Sheridan went beyond the rim.

The poll is for Londo's retarded brother, Lando.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 11:22:45 AM »

The poll is for Londo's retarded brother, Lando.

Btw, does anyone know why the surname of Londo's brother is Calrissian? Was he given up for adoption or something like this? Cheesy
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 10:42:23 PM »

Btw, does anyone know why the surname of Londo's brother is Calrissian? Was he given up for adoption or something like this? Cheesy
That was a mental image I did not need.  Billy Dee Williams with a Centauri hairdo.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

That was a mental image I did not need.  Billy Dee Williams with a Centauri hairdo.

He is the spokesperson for PPG 45 Malt Bravari.  Smooth and rich.  Buy a lady PPG 45 Malt Bravari and you will definitely get to six.

(Those of you who get the joke at the end of that have dirty minds)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies