DeVos' new ad ("Left Out")
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:50:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DeVos' new ad ("Left Out")
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Strong +

Weak +

Neutral

Weak -

Strong -

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: DeVos' new ad ("Left Out")  (Read 1162 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:35:43 PM »

All right--I haven't seen this on TV yet.  Saw it on d4g.com.  It may (and probably) ran while I was gone in either D.C., MD, or WI.

Just watched it.  I'm gonna go w/ Neutral (after debating on going Weak -).  Here's my problem: he talks about Honda--not Ford--what MI's known for.  I think people are going to see this as a "DeVos is for non-U.S. car companies".  So, overall, ya, he shows that Granholm hasn't helped, but he doesn't really show how he's gonna help what we already have.

http://www.devosforgovernor.com/#  Click "Left Out"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:19:08 PM »

Honda went to Indiana because of cheaper labor.  If he brings this up, he will anger many people.

Right.  Why pick Honda.  I saw it 1st today on TV--decided to change my vote to Weak -.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:51 PM »

In business, you win some and lose some.  I don't know, but I would gather that Indians probably had first bids anyway.

To be fair from DeVos's point of view, Indiana is a right to work state with optional union membership and usually lower pay.  Of course this is attractive to any company.  I'm sure that DeVos would like to promote this, but he would be in deep you know what if he did. 

Ya, "Curse the unions" won't go over very well in MI.  I'm gonna make some interesting things happen at work (The Henry Ford) when I come in w/ Cox, DeVos, and Bouchard bumper stickers.  Lol!:P
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:10:50 AM »

Hope you have good vandalism insurance on your car down there in Detroit ;-)

BTW there are a lot of Republican union members out there.  Unions got a bad rap in the day when the big ones got corrupt.  99% of the time they are there to help an employee work through problems with a boss, or bargain for pay and benefits.  Once one gets into the workforce and is making a living and supporting a family, one sees the importance of this.  Idiology flys out the window and reality of living and the need for good pay and benifits from ones employment takes over.

There may be Rep. members--but they still mainly vote Dem, even the Christian ones.

Unions WERE helpful at a time when there weren'tall these labor laws, but now they cause mor problems than solving them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies