Democrats Only
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democrats Only
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Suppose the party nominates either Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or Russ Feingold as its presidential nominee in 2008.  How would you vote in the general election if either is nominated?
Vote Democratic, no matter who the nominee may be

Vote Republican, especially if McCain and Huckabee are nominated

Vote third party

Not vote at all

Not a Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Democrats Only  (Read 2668 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:44:30 PM »

Suppose the party nominates either Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or Russ Feingold as its presidential nominee in 2008 -the three most likely to win the nomination if they run.  Republicans meanwhile rally behind John McCain (for President) and Mike Huckabee (for Vice-President).  If the election were today, how would you vote?  Would you remain the loyal partisan and vote for whomever your party nominates out of absolute certainty that whomever the GOP picks as its standard bearer will be worse than yours?  Or would you vote Republican out of disgust given the choices offered by your own party? Or would you not vote at all, and simply stay home...or vote third party?   
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:08:53 PM »

NOTA.

I would be unlikely to support Hillary, very likely to support Gore, and inbetween on Feingold.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »

With those three choices, I'm going Republican without hesitation.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:23:33 PM »

I like Gore and Feingold a great deal, and am rather indifferent about Hillary.  I'd certainly support Gore and Feingold in a general election, and I'd consider not voting for Hillary if the Republicans had a good candidate.  (But seeing as the prospective GOP field consists of awful people, I'd stick with Hillary)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 07:31:11 PM »

I'd strongly support Gore if he moderated himself into his 2000 self (with the passion we've seen since he's left the Vice Presidency). Feingold and Hillary would depend upon the campaigns they run, their opponents, and various other factors.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 09:04:58 PM »

Feingold is awesome. You'd have to be stupid to vote against him. He'd be a tremendous president.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 09:12:07 PM »

Feingold is awesome. You'd have to be stupid to vote against him. He'd be a tremendous president.

I wouldn't mind Feingold in all honesty, he just wouldn't be my first choice.  I'd rather have another Democrat or a moderate-conservative Republican than Feingold, but would settle for Feingold.  Thats my view now of 2004.  Even though I voted Kerry, I was actually glad that Bush won, but would have settled for Kerry.  Of course, I was lot farther to the right before January 2005 than I am now.  I'm still kind of to the right, but I'm more of a moderate-conservative Democrat.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 10:19:40 PM »

I would vote for Gore and probably Feingold.

I might vote third party instead of Clinton.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 01:29:41 AM »

Well I will most definately vote for Feingold, probably vote for Gore, and if it's Clinton, I will vote for a third party, with the exception of Republicans McCain or Guiliani.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »

i would vote for those 3 over the GOP anyday, because well I agree with their views more.  And regarding Feingold he is my top choice for President
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 08:44:24 AM »

I'd vote for all three over any realistic GOP nominee, including McCain and Huckabee. Only if the Republicans nominated someone like Chafee, Snowe, or Specter would I consider going Republican.
skybridge
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 09:55:09 AM »

Suppose the party nominates either Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or Russ Feingold as its presidential nominee in 2008 -the three most likely to win the nomination if they run.  Republicans meanwhile rally behind John McCain (for President) and Mike Huckabee (for Vice-President).  If the election were today, how would you vote?  Would you remain the loyal partisan and vote for whomever your party nominates out of absolute certainty that whomever the GOP picks as its standard bearer will be worse than yours?  Or would you vote Republican out of disgust given the choices offered by your own party? Or would you not vote at all, and simply stay home...or vote third party?   

Gore or Feingold wouldn't disgust me at all. Hillary wouldn't be my first choice, but still better than any Republican.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 09:55:09 PM »

I'd campaign for Feingold and Gore and hold my nose and vote Clinton.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »

Feingold and Gore are excellent choices, but I'd certainly vote for Hillary as well, even though she seems too spineless.
P.J. McDuff
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »

I'd love Russ to get President and would vote for him or Gore no bother, and I would vote for Hillary if I absolutely needed to.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 11:24:02 PM »

The dislike of Hillary by DEMOCRATS on this forum is bizarre.  I think Hillary Clinton is one of the greatest higher-up politicans and would gladly support her campaign.  I have no objection to Gore or Feingold either, and would strongly support the campaigns of any of those three.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 10:19:37 AM »

The dislike of Hillary by DEMOCRATS on this forum is bizarre.  I think Hillary Clinton is one of the greatest higher-up politicans and would gladly support her campaign.  I have no objection to Gore or Feingold either, and would strongly support the campaigns of any of those three.

I have nothing at all against her, I simply don't want her to be nominated because I think she would have a hard time winning. If she is the nominee, she will receive my support (since the GOP isn't going to be nominating Lincoln Chafee).
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 10:28:36 AM »

I happen to be a big fan of Hillary - I actually think she could win - but I think that's not quite strong enough.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 10:44:05 AM »

While Hillary is just a trifle right-leaning for some of us, I agree with you Harry that she would make a perfectly aceptable president, and certainly far preferrable to any Republican.   Probably the reason she is so unpopular is simply misogyny.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 03:24:04 PM »

The dislike of Clinton, from both the left and right, is based more on her personality, not her policies. I do believe that she is more left-wing than her husband, however.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 04:13:06 PM »

Hillary- ick. Gore and Feingold would be fine. I'd probably end up voting for Hillary, too.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 05:04:57 PM »

It's not her policies that turn me off, it's her personality. She is justifiably known as the Ice Queen, and she lacks Bill's charisma and "rock star appeal". I simply think Hillary can not win, ergo, I am hard pressed to support her.

In any case, Russ Feingold is my primary choice for President, but I don't know if he'll be able to stick out the primaries. As a former Deaniac, I have seen my hopes for a progressive, passionate candidate dashed before.

I would've loved for Al Gore to have run in 04, just so he could get another crack at Bush, but I would still vote for him if he ran in 08, even though I believe he no longer has designs on the office.
P.J. McDuff
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 07:38:24 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Word. I have a horrible feeling that if it's Clinton vs McCain in 08, she could be the next McGovern.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 03:44:39 PM »

I put vote Democratic, but honestly I can't do one of these polls withotu seeing whot hte GOPer is.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 01:35:17 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Word. I have a horrible feeling that if it's Clinton vs McCain in 08, she could be the next McGovern.
In the 70's people thought that Reagan was too out of the mainstream and couldn't possibly win and we all know how that turned out.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies