Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 12:43:58 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  Democrats Only
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Suppose the party nominates either Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or Russ Feingold as its presidential nominee in 2008.  How would you vote in the general election if either is nominated?
Vote Democratic, no matter who the nominee may be   -22 (62.9%)
Vote Republican, especially if McCain and Huckabee are nominated   -3 (8.6%)
Vote third party   -2 (5.7%)
Not vote at all   -1 (2.9%)
Not a Democrat   -7 (20%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Democrats Only  (Read 2017 times)
Rob
Bob
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 04:50:55 am »
Ignore

*sigh* McCain isn't the unstoppable force of nature many Democrats fear him to be. In 2000, sure, he would have wiped the floor with Gore. But now he's rapidly aging and he's whoring for the Bush Admin to build a GOP primary base. I don't deny that he's a good candidate- better than anyone else the Republicans could serve up in '08- but he would not be a sure thing. Warner/Feingold would beat him, for one.

Oh, and any "Democrat" who would support him over Gore or Feingold really does not belong in the party. McCain is not a "moderate", he's not a "centrist", and he's not even much of an "independent thinker" anymore. He is a hard-edged conservative who happens to be a media darling because he used to be mildly critical of the GOP.

Here’s what Sarah Palin represents: being a fat fucking pig who pins “Country First” buttons on his man titties and chants “U-S-A! U-S-A!” at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas.
tulip

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 09:37:13 am »
Ignore

I will be voting Democrat in 2008. I don't have a problem with anyone on your list. My only electability concern would be Feingold. Not that I don't like him or appreciate his efforts. I just don't think he would garner the moderate votes running against a Republican moderate.  The majority of Americans lie in the middle some slightly left and some slightly right. Whoever garners their vote will win.

If the Republican party runs McCain or Guilianni we have to run a moderate to stay in the game. If they run someone like Frist & if we run a moderate it'll be an EZ win.

RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel
Flyers2004
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 03:59:14 pm »
Ignore

I'd vote for all three over any realistic GOP nominee, including McCain and Huckabee. Only if the Republicans nominated someone like Chafee, Snowe, or Specter would I consider going Republican.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that's only for Hilary.  Otherwise I'd vote Dem.

DOUCHEBAGGERY AT ITS FINEST!
Conan
conan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 12:54:31 am »
Ignore

Those would be great candidates. I like all of them and would vote for all of them.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout