Suffolk University: Gabrieli(D) leads Dems in primary and Dems lead Healey(R) for Mass governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Suffolk University: Gabrieli(D) leads Dems in primary and Dems lead Healey(R) for Mass governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Suffolk University: Gabrieli(D) leads Dems in primary and Dems lead Healey(R) for Mass governor  (Read 4419 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 12:20:26 PM »

That POS poll should alarm the Dems, which Healy is tied with Patrick.

If they are sensible and don't pick Patrick, then that poll is nay alarming at all.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »

Right, they should pick Reilly or Gabrielli
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 01:27:57 PM »

That POS poll should alarm the Dems, which Healy is tied with Patrick.

If they are sensible and don't pick Patrick, then that poll is nay alarming at all.

it is becoming increasingly likely that they will pick patrick.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 01:58:11 PM »

Someone said that the Survey USA poll was accurate, isn't that the same Survey USA poll that had Crist ahead of Gallagher by 30 points, and it is really a 10 point lead.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006, 03:25:19 AM »

I wouldn't take Survey USA poll seriously tney have Allen ahead by only 3 points, I don't believe that because Allen's approval ratings are still around 50%. Also, they had Claire up by 1 and Rasmussen and most pollsters had her behind at this point.
'

the 50% approval poll was BEFORE Allen shoved his foot in his mouth.  The 3 point poll was AFTER he shoved his foot in his mouth.  So that could explain quite a bit

Also regarding MO, once again their is NO other polster showing Talent ahead, ONLY Rasmussen.  Why do you keep on stating that most the polls have Talent ahead when that is not true?Huh  the last 5 polls have McCaskill ahead in three, one tie, and Talent ahead in one.  Why are you trying to suggest otherwise?Huh 

Survey USA has a very strong track record, though at this point I would say the primary leans in Gabrielli's direction, but either way it looks like a close race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 03:30:52 AM »

Yes, his approval ratings is at 47% and that is still good for an incumbant. Again how many times have VA sent a Democratic senator from the senate since 1964, only 2. As far as MO, Zogby has had Talent up the longest and his approval ratings has increased to 51%. Also, the drug story that Claire McCAskill admitted to was taken after those other polls were taken. As far as Survey USA, they were the same one that said that Crist was leading by 30 points against Gallagher, and even republican pollster Inside Advantage has it a much closer race.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »

there is a new poll out today in the boston globe that basically shows a 3 way tie for first in the democrat primary.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »

Any of the three Democrats will beat Healey.

Patrick is the one with the most vision and most potential. I'd like to see a Patrick/Gabrieli ticket in November.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2006, 10:37:36 AM »

Any of the three Democrats will beat Healey.

Patrick is the one with the most vision and most potential. I'd like to see a Patrick/Gabrieli ticket in November.

there is no way you will see a patrick/gabrieli ticket, since gabrieli isnt on the lt. governor primary ballot.

and healey is going to win scoonie.  good lord man, dont you know that?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »

Scoonie Patrick is vulnerable and the last poll, he is tied with Healy. I would wait until another poll comes out before I assume that Patrick will definately win. Me, I am rooting for Tom Reilly, he was ahead early on and he would definately beat Healy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 11:12:35 AM »

Out of interest, are you still just as confident that Santorum and Blackwell will win?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2006, 02:48:57 PM »

I will say this, whoever wins the Democratic primary will beat Healey in the general.

I still think it's going to be Patrick. He is the strongest leader of the three Dems.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »

Reilly is backed by strong union support, I think he is the best bet. With that poll showing a tied race with Patrick,  I don't want to take any chances.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2006, 05:37:14 PM »

Out of interest, are you still just as confident that Santorum and Blackwell will win?

im fairly confident healey will win.

santorum, im pretty sure will win.

blackwell seems to be struggling, to say the least.
M

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2006, 10:47:04 PM »

Hey Walter, were you at the convention in Lowell? We've definitely got some speaking talent in this party, and it's not just Card and old Ed Brooke. Reed and Kerry are a perfect contrast as well.

Also note that many undecideds broke for Romney last time around.

Patrick is the weakest candidate, partly because he lessens the importance of Mihos. Reilly's pretty much screwed himself, but Gabrielli's rise is dangerous.

All in all, this is a much more competitive race than generally recognized.

This Gabrieli guy just came out of no where.

no he has been around a while.  he was shannon o'brien's running mate in 02.  he has also long been actve in democrat grass root causes.

he is a bill clinton type democrat (ideologically speaking).  but he annoys the hell out of me.  he acts like a know-it-all.  he is a beacon hill elitist.  (him and john kerry are literally neighbors!)

he got mad when tom reilly didnt select him as his running mate...that is when he entered the race for governor.

kerry healey is really improving as a candidate.  her ads are good, her speaking has improved.  i cant wait until she is elected!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 12:12:09 AM »

Yes, his approval ratings is at 47% and that is still good for an incumbant. Again how many times have VA sent a Democratic senator from the senate since 1964, only 2. As far as MO, Zogby has had Talent up the longest and his approval ratings has increased to 51%. Also, the drug story that Claire McCAskill admitted to was taken after those other polls were taken. As far as Survey USA, they were the same one that said that Crist was leading by 30 points against Gallagher, and even republican pollster Inside Advantage has it a much closer race.

Again the drug story is a  non issue.

primary Polls tend to be more unpredictable than generalelection polls and less accurate as well.  Harder to gauge turnout, higher margin of error among other things.  Zogby's state interactive polls are aabsolute crap.  47% is not att that goof for an Incumbent, and as far as VA only sending two Dem Senators to Washington since 64.  Keep in mind the state is moving leftward
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 02:59:57 AM »

You say that drug story is a non issue but yet Gallup and Hotline has the Dems losing ground on the generic ballot. You say that VA is moving leftward and it is a pro-military state and Webb is anti war and Allen is pro war. And you said Allen will win and so will Talent and they both have more money than their challengers.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies