'Morning-After' Pill Approved by the FDA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  'Morning-After' Pill Approved by the FDA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 'Morning-After' Pill Approved by the FDA  (Read 2142 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 05:59:44 PM »

Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 08:03:09 AM »

There are some misconceptions about plan B that I'm about to clear up.

Fact #1.) The morning-after pill is powerless to stop conception from occuring.
Fact #2.) It prevents pregnancy because it makes the uterus resistent to a fertilized egg implanting itself.
Fact #3.) Pregnancy is defined by doctors as beginning when the egg implants itself in the uterus.

Hope this helps.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 03:55:07 PM »

This is good news.  It will help reduce teenage pregancies and abortions at the same time, so this should be getting good returns from the left and the right.

Actually, women under 18 will still not be able to get the pill without a doctor's prescription.  We should see a decrease in abortions for older women though.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 04:01:45 PM »

That's good news.  Hopefully less abortions will result from this. The logic works -- easier access to contraceptives, better chance of said contraceptives being used.

what's the difference?  kill the baby 4 months in, or 1 day in?   it's still murder.

That one or two cell ball does bring tears to my eyes when it passes away.  Too bad I can't see it without a high powered microscope.  Certainly it is much better to chop off the head of a cow that actually communicates, has a body shape, and is generally competent than that ball of cells with no shape, no competence, less human than an insect.

Even an unfertilized egg is visible without any optical aids.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 04:02:31 PM »

what's the difference?  kill the baby 4 months in, or 1 day in?   it's still murder.

Plan B is not an abortion pill, you fool. It there has already been conception, it doesn't work.

Thanks, I was about to say that myself. People do not know they are pregnant the day after. This is an extra-prevention method.

What I continue to be amazed with conservatives on this matter is, for all their screaming about people's rights to own lethal weaponry, they feel the moral right to tell women what they can do to their body.

I personally know that my stance in hypocritical, I find the death penalty barbaric, but I will defend to the end a woman's right to reproductive rights... I know sick sad little liberal. Whatever... toss toss toss.

Abortions are NOT nice things- and they should be discouraged- HOWEVER... see above.

It's not about what they can do with their body. It's about what they can do with their child's body.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies