Fleming & Associates: Chafee(R) regains lead on Whitehouse(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:18:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Fleming & Associates: Chafee(R) regains lead on Whitehouse(D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fleming & Associates: Chafee(R) regains lead on Whitehouse(D)  (Read 2056 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:22:22 AM »
« edited: August 25, 2006, 11:25:35 AM by Tredrick »

New Poll: Rhode Island Senator by Survey USA on 2006-08-21

Summary: D: 42%, R: 43%, U: 15%

Poll Source UR:Full Poll Details

Mmmm: That Rasmussen poll seems incorrect to me.

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2006, 10:37:11 AM by Jtfdem »

Its more like a statistical dead heat.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:38:09 AM »

New Poll: Rhode Island Senator by Survey USA on 2006-08-21

Summary: D: 42%, R: 43%, U: 15%

Poll Source UR:Full Poll Details

Mmmm: That Rasmussen poll seems incorrect to me.

Seriously, I think you have something wrong, you just don't get how polls aren't wrong or right and that you rely too heavily on them.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 11:05:33 AM »

I think that Rasmussen has been all over the place with polls and this proves my point. I don't think he is wrong but he shouldn't be relied on all the time  polling like: NV 7 point lead for Ensign, FL 5 point lead for Crist, need I say anymore.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 11:17:24 AM »

This is not SUSA, this is the Rhode Island polling firm of Fleming & Associates (or so says the article)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:04:38 PM »

Some lead.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:37:17 AM »

It is a survey usa poll it is a WPRI TV poll and they are affiliated with Survey USA.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 10:33:10 AM »

It is a survey usa poll it is a WPRI TV poll and they are affiliated with Survey USA.

From the article you linked:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also, WPRI is not listed on Survey USA's client page.

Not Survey USA.  Survey USA does not work with WPRI.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 10:35:36 AM »

I fail to understand why Democrats are so intent on punishing the moderates and leaving the whackos alone.

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »

I fail to understand why Democrats are so intent on punishing the moderates and leaving the whackos alone.

same dilema for you republicans.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 11:46:12 AM »

I fail to understand what that sentence has to do with this topic, unless you were making an ironic statement about the moderate Chafee being 'punished' in favor of the 'whacko' Laffey.  And even that would be only semi-relevant to this particular poll.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 11:50:34 AM »

Dems have a Senate to take back, and Chafee is in the way.  Sorry, Chafee! 

And perhaps you forgot about the agressive, well-funded primary challenge that Chafee is also facing from the right of his own party.  Dems haven't put Laffey up to running.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »

I fail to understand what that sentence has to do with this topic, unless you were making an ironic statement about the moderate Chafee being 'punished' in favor of the 'whacko' Laffey.  And even that would be only semi-relevant to this particular poll.

Huh?  I'm referring to the fact that the Dems are all excited about knocking out Lincoln Chafee and equally excited about the potential for Laffey to win in the primary.  On the other hand, most Republicans see the defeat of Joe Lieberman as a tragedy and are working to keep him in the Senate.  For the most part, we honor moderate Democrats, while Democrats seem to be only hungry for numbers. Its just ironic, that's all.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 12:45:36 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2006, 12:49:09 PM by Rob »

On the other hand, most Republicans see the defeat of Joe Lieberman as a tragedy and are working to keep him in the Senate.

lol! They see an opportunity, as your party's nominee pointed out with some rancor on Hardball.

For the most part, we honor moderate Democrats, while Democrats seem to be only hungry for numbers.

Bull. If Ben Nelson suddenly became vulnerable, the Repubs wouldn't "honor" him- they'd attack him and pour money into his opponent's campaign. That's politics.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »

Huh?  I'm referring to the fact that the Dems are all excited about knocking out Lincoln Chafee and equally excited about the potential for Laffey to win in the primary.  On the other hand, most Republicans see the defeat of Joe Lieberman as a tragedy and are working to keep him in the Senate.  For the most part, we honor moderate Democrats, while Democrats seem to be only hungry for numbers. Its just ironic, that's all.

Ah, I see what you're saying now.  And you're right, they do care more about numbers, but then I can't say I'm too surprised when they are only a handful of seats away from a Senate majority.  It's sad, I agree, but that's just how it is.

However, let's imagine a hypothetical situation where Ben Nelson faced a highly contentious primary battle against somebody who was far too liberal to win in Nebraska.  Given that this person's victory would mean certain success for the deeply conservative Republican, Pete Ricketts, would you still be happy to support the moderate Nelson, or would you hope that the liberal won the primary and Ricketts would win the general?

Edit:  Damn, Rob just made that same point.  Still, the question stands.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »

On the other hand, most Republicans see the defeat of Joe Lieberman as a tragedy and are working to keep him in the Senate.

lol! They see an opportunity, as your party's nominee pointed out with some rancor on Hardball.

For the most part, we honor moderate Democrats, while Democrats seem to be only hungry for numbers.

Bull. If Ben Nelson suddenly became vulnerable, the Repubs wouldn't "honor" him- they'd attack him and pour money into his opponent's campaign. That's politics.

The listed Republican candidate on the ballot is a dipsh**t who needs to be pulled off the ballot.  The Connecticut Senate race goes beyond partisanship.  Hell, I feel more passionately about Joe Lieberman keeping his seat than I do about almost any other race in the country.

I don't know any Republicans that are excited or frothing at the mouth about beating Ben Nelson... and I'd imagine that there are plenty of Republican activists that will cross over and vote for Ben this year.  In my neck of the woods, Lincoln Davis, John Tanner, and Gene Taylor have gone without serious challenges for years.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »

You keep saying its not a Survey usa pol, where is the tab for Fleming there is no tab for Fleming Associates. And someone put in Survey USA for Carcieri and they put Survey USA and you said nothing about that. Where is the tab for Fleming, there is none.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 01:58:13 PM »

If you want a tab for Fleming to be added, contact Dave.  The poll database is not for every poll.  Internal polls, no matter who ran them, should never be added to the database, for instance.  New pollsters may not have a tab available.  Pollsters who run one poll a year are not tabbed.

As for the Carcieri portion, I am not the moderator of the Gubernatorial boards.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »

This isn't an internal poll.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »

I never said it was.  That is an example of one of the types of polls we do not want in the database.  Further examples are then given.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 04:43:23 PM »

What is with the kind of people we get here!?

Argh...
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 12:58:33 AM »

Back to Chafee....

If there was absolutely ZERO chance of the democrats winning the election, then I would probably support Chafee.  If it looked like the Democrats were going to have a blow-out, and pick up ten-twelve seats, than I would support Chafee.  But as of right now, the numbers of possible pick-ups are razor thin, and the Democrats need a Senate Majority to put a check back on the Executive Branch, and to retain SOME semblance of a party with any hope left.

You're right.  It is a numbers game with Chafee, because I don't think he's a bad senator at all.  It's too bad.  But I'm still rooting for Whitehouse.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 02:30:40 AM »

Back to Chafee....

If there was absolutely ZERO chance of the democrats winning the election, then I would probably support Chafee.  If it looked like the Democrats were going to have a blow-out, and pick up ten-twelve seats, than I would support Chafee.  But as of right now, the numbers of possible pick-ups are razor thin, and the Democrats need a Senate Majority to put a check back on the Executive Branch, and to retain SOME semblance of a party with any hope left.

You're right.  It is a numbers game with Chafee, because I don't think he's a bad senator at all.  It's too bad.  But I'm still rooting for Whitehouse.

Very well said.  I really do like Chafee as well, and I think he is an excellent Senator.  However with several pickups likely a majority is in reach (though more likely for 08 than 06).  The race could possibly wind up being the difference between who is the Senate Leader, and who holds the important Chairmanship positions.  This race for the Dems has little to do with ousting Chafee or ousting a moderate, it has everything to do about picking up a seat that could help gives us a majorirty.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 03:01:56 AM »

Back to Chafee....

Very well said.  I really do like Chafee as well, and I think he is an excellent Senator.  However with several pickups likely a majority is in reach (though more likely for 08 than 06).  The race could possibly wind up being the difference between who is the Senate Leader, and who holds the important Chairmanship positions.  This race for the Dems has little to do with ousting Chafee or ousting a moderate, it has everything to do about picking up a seat that could help gives us a majorirty.

I agree with both of you. Chaffee has been a good senator but I think a Sentor Whitehouse could be even better so I strongly support him.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 04:17:37 AM »

Very well said.  I really do like Chafee as well, and I think he is an excellent Senator.

Democrats not only don't care about excellence but also can't recognize it in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies