Child Labor Restriction Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Child Labor Restriction Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Child Labor Restriction Bill  (Read 10924 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: August 29, 2006, 02:50:52 AM »

So is having a voting age and an age of consent, then.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:04:09 AM »

Jake made a good case.

VETO
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »

Oh, brother.  "Passing" the bill after the Senate session has ended is one thing, but holding a veto override with a new set of Senators is even more tacky.

Maybe so, but don't you have any confidence in your own case given the fact it's your Bill?

I have not been reluctant to veto my own legislation before, if I am convinced that it is no longer a good idea or that it has become unacceptable through the Senate's amendments, and the former was the case here.

Still, given that you have seemingly gone full circle in the past on such issues as abortion and free trade, this veto doesn't, in the least bit, surprise me

Well, I'm glad you've had the exact same position on every issue since you were politically aware.  Sorry for not living up to your standards.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:08:37 PM »

Am I correct in recalling that you think the alcohol age should be 21, but the marijuana age should be 16?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 10:14:07 PM »

The bill was not presented to the President until after the term had expired, meaning it should've gone into the expired legislation thread, just like the other bills. Case closed.

I agree with this.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:48:18 AM »

It has become transparent that this Bill ought not to have been presented to the President and that he ought not to have responded

Why is the buck being passed to me here?  I only responded to what I was given.  In hindsight, sure, I could have brought up concerns with the bill being passed after the Senate session ended.  Though it could be argued that, according to precedent, the voting period ends at the designated time regardless of whether the PPT posts so or not, because MasterJedi did not count a vote change by Jesus on the whaling bill because it was posted after the 24 hour period ended, but before Jedi had posted as such.  (Not that this is a precedent I am particularly comfortable with.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies