Child Labor Restriction Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:42:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Child Labor Restriction Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Child Labor Restriction Bill  (Read 10914 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 25, 2006, 02:19:29 PM »

Child Labor Restriction Bill

Section 1: Applicability
1. This statute shall only apply in the District of Columbia and in federal territories which do not form part of any region.

Section 2: Definitions
1. The following definitions shall apply throughout this statute:
a.) A "school day" is defined as a day that contains more than two hours of classroom instruction.
b.) A "school week" is defined as any week (beginning noon Sunday) that contains two or more school days.
c.) "Work" is defined as receiving financial compensation for services rendered.

Section 3: Minors aged 15 to 17
1. Minors aged fifteen to seventeen years may not:
a.) Work more than 40 hours in a non-school week, and no more than 20 hours in a school week.
b.) Work more than 8 hours in a non-school day, and no more than 4 hours in a school day.
c.) Work more than 6 days in a non-school week, and no more than 4 days in a school week.

Section 4: Children aged less than 15
1. Employment of children aged less than fifteen years is prohibited, except those over the age of 13 years, who may work only as a newspaper carrier, and for no more than 10 hours in a week.

Section 5: Hours of Work
1. Employment of any person under the age of eighteen years between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. is prohibited.

Section 6: Type of Employment
1. Employment of minors in any place that sells alcohol, except a supermarket or other general provisions store, is prohibited.
2. Employment of minors in work that requires the use of heavy machinery is prohibited.
3. The Secretary of the Treasury may additionally prohibit employment of minors in certain jobs that it considers hazardous as he or she finds necessary.

Section 7: Penalties
1. Any employer in violation of Sections 3, 5 or 6 shall be fined between $500 and $1000 for each infraction.
2. Any employer in violation of Section 4 shall be fined between $2000 and $10000 for each infraction.

Section 8: Exemptions
1. Parents may employ their own children to work in the home or at the place of their own business, except in prohibited types of employment specified in Section 6.

Sponsor: Sen. MasterJedi
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 02:20:07 PM »

This could have been up two days ago. I missed that, 4 bills were up and one was in the fifth slot so we get this now, enjoy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:34:54 PM »

I hereby open up the final vote on this bill. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Section 1: Applicability
1. This statute shall only apply in the District of Columbia and in federal territories which do not form part of any region.

Section 2: Definitions
1. The following definitions shall apply throughout this statute:
a.) A "school day" is defined as a day that contains more than two hours of classroom instruction.
b.) A "school week" is defined as any week (beginning noon Sunday) that contains two or more school days.
c.) "Work" is defined as receiving financial compensation for services rendered.

Section 3: Minors aged 15 to 17
1. Minors aged fifteen to seventeen years may not:
a.) Work more than 40 hours in a non-school week, and no more than 20 hours in a school week.
b.) Work more than 8 hours in a non-school day, and no more than 4 hours in a school day.
c.) Work more than 6 days in a non-school week, and no more than 4 days in a school week.

Section 4: Children aged less than 15
1. Employment of children aged less than fifteen years is prohibited, except those over the age of 13 years, who may work only as a newspaper carrier, and for no more than 10 hours in a week.

Section 5: Hours of Work
1. Employment of any person under the age of eighteen years between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. is prohibited.

Section 6: Type of Employment
1. Employment of minors in any place that sells alcohol, except a supermarket or other general provisions store, is prohibited.
2. Employment of minors in work that requires the use of heavy machinery is prohibited.
3. The Secretary of the Treasury may additionally prohibit employment of minors in certain jobs that it considers hazardous as he or she finds necessary.

Section 7: Penalties
1. Any employer in violation of Sections 3, 5 or 6 shall be fined between $500 and $1000 for each infraction.
2. Any employer in violation of Section 4 shall be fined between $2000 and $10000 for each infraction.

Section 8: Exemptions
1. Parents may employ their own children to work in the home or at the place of their own business, except in prohibited types of employment specified in Section 6.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:35:09 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:46:20 AM »

This bill has enough votes to pass. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 07:29:33 AM »

With 7 Ayes, 2 Nays and 0 Abstentions I hereby present this to the President for his signiture.

I know I'm not PPT anymore but I guess I'm Dean now and no Q so here we go. This had enough votes to pass while I was gone so it can be signed now and not reintroduced.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »

I'll be going for a veto override.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 03:00:59 PM »

I want a veto override. I'll wait for the new PPT to open it though.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »

I really don't have a reason. As I said before and I'll say now, if I was PPT I would have gone ahead with the override.

Now whether this Senate does and there is a court case is not my decision, I just said what I would have done if I was still in the position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies