Hello Everybody
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:24:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hello Everybody
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hello Everybody  (Read 8127 times)
Mr. Pink
Rookie
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2004, 08:00:26 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I stumbled upon this site and it's pretty cool. I live in Ireland, but I do have a passing interest in American politics. Hopefully I will be posting here a lot!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 08:03:11 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I stumbled upon this site and it's pretty cool. I live in Ireland, but I do have a passing interest in American politics. Hopefully I will be posting here a lot!

Howdy!! hope you have fun!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 08:04:20 PM »

Hello there Mr. Pink. Have a good time at this forum.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 08:08:26 PM »

Greetings.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 08:38:51 PM »

Welcome! What part of Ireland are you in?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 09:28:04 PM »

Welcome to the boards Mr.Pink! Hope you enjoy it here.

BTW Did you by any chance get your screen name from the move "Reservior Dogs"?
Mr. Pink
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 09:40:18 PM »

BTW Did you by any chance get your screen name from the movie "Reservior Dogs"?

Thanks.

Yes, I did get it from Reservoir Dogs. It's one of my favourite movies
Mr. Pink
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 09:45:12 PM »

At the moment Dublin
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 09:47:36 PM »

At the moment Dublin

I wonder because my wifes family is from county Fermanaugh.
Mr. Pink
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »

At the moment Dublin

Oh, lovely place up north. I am not from originally from Dublin, I grew up in Waterford. I am at university here. Is your wife an Irish national or just of Irish descent?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 10:00:16 PM »

At the moment Dublin

Oh, lovely place up north. I am not from originally from Dublin, I grew up in Waterford. I am at university here. Is your wife an Irish national or just of Irish descent?

Just Irish descent. Her family is the Maguire family. She says they can trace their family back to 600AD. She's Scot/irish actually and "Black" Irish. Do you know who the black irish are? Not sure if thats just an American term or not.
Mr. Pink
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

At the moment Dublin

Just Irish descent. Her family is the Maguire family. She says they can trace their family back to 600AD. She's Scot/irish actually and "Black" Irish. Do you know who the black irish are? Not sure if thats just an American term or not.

I am familiar with the term "Black Irish". It isn't in much use here though. I guess I would be considered Black Irish since I have black hair and brown eyes. I thought she would probably be Scots-Irish since her family is from N.I.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 10:11:27 PM »

At the moment Dublin

I am familiar with the term "Black Irish". It isn't in much use here though. I guess I would be considered Black Irish since I have black hair and brown eyes. I thought she would probably be Scots-Irish since her family is from N.I.

I can't remember her scottish families clan right now. Mine are from Ireland with the name MacIntee
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2004, 10:14:58 PM »

Welcome, Mr. Pink.  Alright an acctual Irishman on the forum.  Maybe we can finally convince Dave to give us Irish avatars now.  Smiley  Anyway, please, stick around, check the boards and have fun.  Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2004, 10:23:03 PM »

BTW Did you by any chance get your screen name from the move "Reservior Dogs"?

That was my assumption.  Either that, or he was gay.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 12:11:06 AM »

75% Irish Catholic here.  My surname comes from Co. Offaly.  Most of ancestors descended from the potato famine in the late 1840s.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 12:13:39 AM »

75% Irish Catholic here.  My surname comes from Co. Offaly.  Most of ancestors descended from the potato famine in the late 1840s.

You ancestors and mine probably came over on the same boat.  Did they disembark in Philly?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 12:14:36 AM »

You ancestors and mine probably came over on the same boat.  Did they disembark in Philly?

Yes.  Settled on the banks of the Schuykill.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 12:55:26 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2004, 12:57:21 AM by supersoulty »

What is your last name?

Or rather your "Irish" last name if it isn't the same as your acctual one.  Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 01:04:24 AM »

What is your last name?

Or rather your "Irish" last name if it isn't the same as your acctual one.  Smiley

Guinan
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 01:08:26 AM »

What is your last name?

Guinan

Any McMantus's, Kelleys or McGoverns in your family?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 01:10:15 AM »

What is your last name?

Guinan

Nope, but there was a McNamara on my mother's side.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 01:20:28 AM »

What is your last name?

Guinan

Nope, but there was a McNamara on my mother's side.

Hmmm.  Thought I might be on to something there.  Oh, well, we are both Irish, so that alone is enough to make us family.  Smiley  My people were from county Cork, so we are probably not related at all, but I thought there might be a chance.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 10:17:57 AM »

I love the talk of Ireland among the micks. Smiley
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 10:31:28 AM »

My mom told me the Kervin was Irish or scottish don't know with one.....
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies