Will the real Jim Webb please answer up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:18:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will the real Jim Webb please answer up
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Will the real Jim Webb please answer up  (Read 2059 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 05:09:59 PM »

I notice that my post where I called Carl out for his hypocrisy has been removed. Funny how a wingnut can tell someone to stop the "vitriol" when all they are doing is presenting them with facts and said wingnut can say "loony left" as many times as he wans w/out bakcing up any of his claims.

Is Jim Webb going to win 65% in Virginia? hahahaha
Deano963

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 05:11:19 PM »

I notice that my post where I called Carl out for his hypocrisy has been removed. Funny how a wingnut can tell someone to stop the "vitriol" when all they are doing is presenting them with facts and said wingnut can say "loony left" as many times as he wans w/out bakcing up any of his claims.

Is Jim Webb going to win 65% in Virginia? hahahaha

What in the world does that have to do with my quote?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 06:05:12 PM »

I have personally met and spoken at length with Jim Webb twice, and I can assure you that he is a pro-gun guy.  I don't believe the NRA has released anything on him, but I'm sure he'd earn an A-rating from them.  He also has been building up a healthy support among sportsmen from around the Commonwealth.  I've seen Sportsmen for Webb stickers in the Shenandoah Valley, the Piedmont, and around Richmond.  Webb himself has appeared at gun shows in Roanoke and Norfolk, among others.

As for that issue that you hold so dear Carl, illegal immigrants, his position on the issue is on his website, so I don't see how you missed it.  He supports securing the border to stem the flow of illegals across it.  Don't buy into anything that Webb is a tool of the leftists in the Democratic Party.  He is more like Jon Tester, who also is receiving some funding from the same people.  These liberals realize that Webb is a moderate, but are too upset with George Allen to nominate a candidate that is closer to their views.  Carl, I think that if you met Mr. Webb, you'd get along with him very well.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006, 06:30:31 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2006, 06:32:48 PM by CARLHAYDEN »

I have personally met and spoken at length with Jim Webb twice, and I can assure you that he is a pro-gun guy.  I don't believe the NRA has released anything on him, but I'm sure he'd earn an A-rating from them.  He also has been building up a healthy support among sportsmen from around the Commonwealth.  I've seen Sportsmen for Webb stickers in the Shenandoah Valley, the Piedmont, and around Richmond.  Webb himself has appeared at gun shows in Roanoke and Norfolk, among others.

As for that issue that you hold so dear Carl, illegal immigrants, his position on the issue is on his website, so I don't see how you missed it.  He supports securing the border to stem the flow of illegals across it.  Don't buy into anything that Webb is a tool of the leftists in the Democratic Party.  He is more like Jon Tester, who also is receiving some funding from the same people.  These liberals realize that Webb is a moderate, but are too upset with George Allen to nominate a candidate that is closer to their views.  Carl, I think that if you met Mr. Webb, you'd get along with him very well.

First, thanks for the polite reply.

Second, I did see the web site on enforcement (which sounds good).  He was silent on amnesty, and many have suggested (some on this thread) that he supports McCain-Kennedy, which includes amnesty (using a different cover name).

Third, until a couple of months ago I was very pro-Webb, but then a combination of stories from the left essentially to the effect that Webb had abandoned his past positions to join them. coupled with his silence on such positions, made me wonder.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies