UN: Saddam shipped WMD's before, during, and after the 2003 Iraq war.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  UN: Saddam shipped WMD's before, during, and after the 2003 Iraq war.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UN: Saddam shipped WMD's before, during, and after the 2003 Iraq war.  (Read 1364 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2004, 01:15:58 PM »

Okay I found this on Drudge(with a link ti the world tribune)

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_1.html

Anyone know how accurate this is?

If it's true well then...This could be something that could hurt Kerry.

and if this has already been posted sorry.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 02:19:40 PM »

What?  No!!!  Saddam is the good guy.  He never had WMD and if he did, is was just to protect him from the EVIL Bush.  Besides, nothing on Drudge could possibly be true, even if he does get 98% of his stuff from other reputable news sources.  This is just more curruption from the Bush administrations.  Your a chickenhawk (HAHAHA  that so funny even if I have heard it a billion times).  Get your crack to Iraq, you chickenhawk.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 05:25:03 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2004, 06:39:47 PM by The Vorlon »

Just my 2 cents worth...

Saddan REALLY wanted the economic sanctions lifted.  Under the UN Oil for Palaces Food program he skimmed off 10s of $Millions (at the very least, some say in excess of 4% Billion) to bribe foreign officials to try to get sanctions lifted.  He signed literally $Billions of contracts with France that would only come into effect when the sanctions ended.

We know Saddam had an active WMD program prior to 1998 whent he UN inspectors were there.

If he had indeed gotten rid of the WMD, letting the UN verify that the WMD was gone certainly would have been enough for his allies in France, germany, and Russia to push to lift the sactions.

If he did indeed get rid of the WMD, it seems odd that he would kick out the inspectors FIRST, then get rid of the WMD.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 07:47:55 PM »

The liberal media is choosing to ignore what has been discovered so far.

Rocket engines were recently found that had been smuggled into Jordan.

We all know about the shell that was used a couple of weeks ago by the terrorist that was left over from Saddam's stockpile.

Its just a matter of time and continuing searching.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 09:58:51 PM »

Okay I found this on Drudge(with a link ti the world tribune)

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_1.html

Anyone know how accurate it is?

Have you ever heard of WorldTribune.Com, a self-described "internet newspaper?  I have not.  I read the piece, and notice that there was no writer's byline.  Here's a jpeg of the article.   The byline states "Special to WorldTribune.com":

Why wouldn't there be some "imprimatur" of a source, like AP or Reuters?  

I also checked the UN's Web site (Geez -- what DOES the UN do for staff.  Do they outsource their Web operations to a Chinese state enterprise where non-paid political prisoners are forced to work?) .  The UN's press office mentioned the WMD briefing, but in utter generality.

Last, as of mid-day, I hadn't seen any confirming stories anywhere.  Perhaps that's changed, but with "Drudge" as source, chances are good the story is wrong, or off.

Now why, if true, would this story be harmful to JFK?  After all, Kerry didn't force Bush to invade -- Bush chose to go -- some would say he was delighted to "Bring on Da Noise".  Nope.  Bush, not America, "owns" Iraq (which is not to say we won' be paying  for it).   Iraq is Bush's creation, his baby.  No sensible person could say the situation in Iraq indicates anything other than deep distress for America.  That "sinking feeling" is hitting America even as we write.   There is no "happy ending" for Bush, or for Bush and Iraq -- though here may be hope for an Iraq, sans Bush, but even that is mostly hoping.  

No, Bush is over.  Don't think he knows it?  He is even more confused, more scattered, and more grandiose -- detached, really -- than I recall at any other time in his term.  Singular.

- Alfie

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 10:07:42 PM »

I'm just trying to figure out if this is true or not... I'd like to add you're pretty far off if this story is true then what is Kerry going to run on? the economy is improving, and this story(if true) would justify Bush's reasons for going into Iraq...

But I've seen your other posts on this board and I doubt I could convince you that Kerry would be hurt pretty badly by this story if true.

You have your opinion I have mine lets leave it at that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies