forum republicans...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:28:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  forum republicans...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: forum republicans...  (Read 4456 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 10:23:46 PM »

Obviously not a Republican here, but I will put my 2 cents in.  I think many who threaten to bolt the GOP are sick and tired of the GOP pandering to the far reaches of the right wing time and time again.  Basically turning away from the reasons that brought them into the Republican Party to embrace the far right.  angering them so much that it could just take one more thing to lose them for good.  And that is exactly what has happened to the GOP in this part of the country.  Where the GOP use to do fairly well and was dominate in the suburbs, with a large presence of Rockefeller Republicans.   That group still may exist to a point, but due to the direction the GOP has taken have either registered as Dem or Ind, or stayed with the GOP, but rarley votes that way anymore.

But do I threaten to leave when my party panders to liberals? I get upset and I understand that some others in the party might get upset with people like Laffey. However, if you feel the need to threaten to leave everytime a conservative challenges a liberal then you don't belong. Reach the decision yourself by thinking about what you believe. Some of these people may realize that they aren't really the best fit for the GOP after thinking about their ideology and values. If more people did that, it would save us all from the aggravation of "leaving the party" threats every time we Republicans choose our candidates.

Well considering the GOP panders to the liberals in the party about 1/10th (probably less) of the time that it panders to the hard right in the party, their really is no comparison.  they will pander to the left in the party every now & then, and basically only when they would be completley ass dead without them (as in this case), but the vast majority of the time they pander to the far right in the party.  The vast amount of time and energy the GOP spends on pandering to the far right angers many of the Rockefeller holdovers, and as a result some (not all) threaten to bolt).  If the GOP pandered to the Lincolin Chafee or for the boards sake Berger wing of the GOP as much as they now pander to the far right, their probably would be quite a few more of those in the hard right in the party that threaten to bolt.  The comparison is really not valid because of how much more the GOP panders to the far right than they do to the left in the party.

Wait...repeat what you just said for me, please.

The GOP panders to the far right of the party MUCH more than it does those in the left in the party.  therefore those in the far right of the party have less to complain about and less reason to bolt or threaten to bolt from theparty than the more liberal members of the party.  And that is the reason you see more people in the left of the party threating to leave than those in the right in the party.

I'm sorry. Can you go over that again please? Repeat the last couple of things you said.

Can you not grasp what I am saying?  or you having fun having me repeat myself?

The reason those on the right don't threaten to leave the party the way those on the left do is because those on the right are the ones the party usually panders to.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 10:33:35 PM »

or you having fun having me repeat myself?

No, not at all.

Clarify your last remarks for me, please.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2006, 12:23:37 AM »

again, "If....then..." statements are just never good things.

So do me a favor and never threaten us with "If so and so wins/loses, I am leaving the party."

I...don't really think that's an issue anymore?

and besides, I was telling you my future, I wasn't guessing someone else's with no proof.  It takes a lot of nerve to tell a crowd what someone else's intentions are without any substantiation.

just sayin.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2006, 12:26:55 AM »

or you having fun having me repeat myself?

No, not at all.

Clarify your last remarks for me, please.

Ha Ha well sometimes it takes you a few times hearing something before you grasp it
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2006, 12:28:32 AM »

Ok, well then let's keep it that way. Please don't lecture me on "If's" and "then's" if you did the same thing.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lincoln Chafee was used to getting his ass kissed by this party every step of the way. I think it is a pretty good bet that he'd screw us when we stay away from him since he screws us when we stick with him.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2006, 01:01:16 AM »

Ok, well then let's keep it that way. Please don't lecture me on "If's" and "then's" if you did the same thing.

Lincoln Chafee was used to getting his ass kissed by this party every step of the way. I think it is a pretty good bet that he'd screw us when we stay away from him since he screws us when we stick with him.

by "screw us" you mean put the interests of his state ahead of the party....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2006, 01:12:10 AM »

by "screw us" you mean put the interests of his state ahead of the party....

Ok and that probably means that he is better off as a Dem. Sorry but there is no reason why that man is a Republican.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2006, 01:19:13 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2006, 02:00:45 AM by riceowl »

[editted]

....never mind.  Phil's apparently having problems distinguishing between the "self" and the "other."  Get well soon!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2006, 09:50:28 AM »

[editted]

....never mind.  Phil's apparently having problems distinguishing between the "self" and the "other."  Get well soon!

Send me your likely inappropriate uneditted remarks.

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2006, 08:23:33 AM »

Stunch Consevative.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies