Election of a PPT *Final vote Ongoing*
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election of a PPT *Final vote Ongoing*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Election of a PPT *Final vote Ongoing*  (Read 2645 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 11:11:44 AM »

Not pleased with the PPT's current actions, I shockingly do something I'd never though I'd do.

Jake FTR.

If you are referring to the override on the Child Labor Restriction Bill than I've made that in accordance with Article 5, Section 3, Clause 1 of the OSPR. The Bill was vetoed by the President on the 4th September, during this current Senate, and Senator MasterJedi gave notice of requesting a veto override that very same day, which was well within the 72-hours notice

While it is true I, myself, personally support the Bill, that is irrelevant. I'd have granted the override, regardless of where I stood, for or against. So your inferrence given that you have said "Not pleased with the PPT's current actions" comes dangerously close to you impuning my integrity. Your opposition, like that of Senator Jake, stems from the fact you oppose this particular legislation, which is fine. Nevertheless, I suspect had you both supported it, you'd be singing a different tune

Furthermore, I've no intention of politicising the office of President Pro Tempore and will be even-handed but, let it be on the record, it is my intention to do whatever I can to ensure that this Senate runs like clockwork Smiley - efficiently and effectively

The Senate has duly elected a PPT, who can be trusted to be impartial. I'm saying nothing more on the subject of the Child Labor Restriction Bill. It's for the Senate to decide whether the veto override passes or not. I'm sure that any new senators are more than capable of making an informed decision as to whether to support it or not

'Hawk'
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 02:34:36 PM »

Nevertheless, I suspect had you both supported it, you'd be singing a different tune

Seeing how you've behaved, this certainly applies to you also.

Jake FTR
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies