Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 11:01:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community
| | |-+  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, The Mikado, Badger)
| | | |-+  walter mitty vs. bill nelson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: walter mitty vs. bill nelson  (Read 2696 times)
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2006, 03:36:18 pm »
Ignore

for senate in florida.

I am guaranteed $10.00/hr, but could make up to $16.00/hr.  That's not including all the sales games they have.  AT&T likes to throw money around.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 01:00:13 pm »
Ignore

i guess people dont find this hypothetical interesting.

Huh

I am guaranteed $10.00/hr, but could make up to $16.00/hr.  That's not including all the sales games they have.  AT&T likes to throw money around.
Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 01:07:26 pm »
Ignore

I could go either way- probably Nelson if Mitty would elect someone like Bill Frist Majority Leader.

Renew our Democracy!
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 01:10:16 pm »
Ignore

I could go either way- probably Nelson if Mitty would elect someone like Bill Frist Majority Leader.

obviously in the floor vote, id vote for whoever the republican caucus put up for majority leader.

however, within the caucus id never vote to nominate frist for leader.  i prefer the other tennesseean...lamar alexander.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 01:19:45 pm »
Ignore

Taking down Nelson was always going to be an uphill struggle. That's why no first rate candidate stepped up against Harris.
You'd lose, Walt. Not as bad as Harris will, but you'd lose.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 09:43:42 am »
Ignore

Taking down Nelson was always going to be an uphill struggle. That's why no first rate candidate stepped up against Harris.

actually, i think im probably more liberal than nelson.

nini2287
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 12:10:43 am »
Ignore

I'd vote Walter but Nelson would win by about 57-43.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 05:34:16 am »
Ignore

actually, i think im probably more liberal than nelson.
While I don't agree (well, perhaps I would, using the ancient definition of liberal), I simply don't see the relevance of that either. Tongue

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 12:44:32 pm »
Ignore

Nelson would win in a landslide. A bit less than against Harris, but still a landslide. An incumbent with decent approvals isn't going to lose to some random guy on a political forum.

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 12:50:27 pm »
Ignore

Nelson would win in a landslide. A bit less than against Harris, but still a landslide. An incumbent with decent approvals isn't going to lose to some random guy on a political forum.

in this scenario, im not a random guy on a forum.  let's pretend im a floridian in the state legislature or something who is challenging nelson.

or better yet, how would a person with my set of beliefs fare against nelson?

Boris
boris78
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 04:35:48 pm »
Ignore

Wouldn't a Floridan with your views have a tough time winning the nomination? You're more liberal on social issues than many Democrats, Walter. I can't imagine it going well with the upstate conservatives.

Assuming that you won the nomination, I say Nelson wins by eight points. This race would be lean Democrat.

Lt. Governor Dr. Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 09:52:15 pm »
Ignore

Well Walter, I'd support you, but Nelson still wins by 10.

MaC
Milk_and_cereal
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 11:40:52 pm »
Ignore

Bill Nelson

Faster than a legally fired bullet.
More powerful than railroaded legislation.
Able to leap giant bureaucracy in a single bound.

It's an anarchist.  It's a free marketer.

It's... It's...        Super Libertarian
Rob
Bob
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 11:56:54 pm »
Ignore

Evangelicals, alienated by Walter's social views, largely stay home. Mitty manages to hold Nelson to 56 percent, making him a much stronger candidate than Harris.

Just for the hell of it, a map.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:07:42 am by Rob »Logged

Here’s what Sarah Palin represents: being a fat fucking pig who pins “Country First” buttons on his man titties and chants “U-S-A! U-S-A!” at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:04 am »
Ignore

Evangelicals, alienated by Walter's social views, largely stay home. Mitty manages to hold Nelson to 56 percent, making him a much stronger candidate than Harris.

Just for the hell of it, a map.

ive no shot in broward or miami-dade?

Rob
Bob
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 08:33:25 pm »
Ignore

Well... you would peel off some traditionally Democratic voters. On the other hand, there's really no pressing reason for them to abandon Nelson, especially since your economic views seem to be a bit right of his. The Dems you do get are canceled out by the low Republican turnout across the state.

Broward shouldn't be +70%, though.

Here’s what Sarah Palin represents: being a fat fucking pig who pins “Country First” buttons on his man titties and chants “U-S-A! U-S-A!” at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout