Sam Spade's (FINAL, see p.10) Congressional and Senatorial prediction thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:05:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sam Spade's (FINAL, see p.10) Congressional and Senatorial prediction thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sam Spade's (FINAL, see p.10) Congressional and Senatorial prediction thread...  (Read 14282 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: September 06, 2006, 12:16:43 PM »

Democrats will pickup NM-01 and KY-04. I have Madrid winning because oif Wilson’s dogmatic support of an unpopular war.

NM-01:  The main reason right now why I think Wilson will survive is because she is a "survivor" from a number of tough races in the past, and, absent a national "wave", which I don't see right now, these attributes come more into play.  Secondly, Madrid is getting hammered at home and by Wilson for the scandal problems within the Richardson admin. and really hasn't done a good job of defending herself there.  Still, it's quite fair to predict she'll lose.  Smiley

I'm with Sam Spade on NM-1, and yes, I saw the not-nearly-enough-details-released local poll on it (F***, where are the Independent numbers?!). Wink  Here is a point to consider. No, Wilson is not running away with this race. But she has never been behind in a poll yet.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 01:25:37 PM »

Ugh, you flipped NM-01. Why couldn't this have happened with Richard Romero, a Democrat I actually liked? Instead I get a representative of the Democratic faction I'm most opposed to. Blah. Sad
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »

1. It's based on the polls and other stuff I've been reading as well.  But if Madrid wins in 2006, my best advice is to run Heather Wilson again in 2008.  And that'll probably happen.
Yes, NM-01 is the one exception to the usual ineptitude the local Reps display in elections here. Wink And I agree - Madrid is simply not the type of Democrat who can easily hold NM-01. Too leftist.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 04:32:49 PM »

After watching the NM-01 ads, I don't think I've seen this much mud-slinging before in a congressional race, and from both sides. Both Wilson and Madrid are running two of the most pointedly negative campaings I've ever seen.
Yes, and the fact that I'll...well, probably not wake up, I don't see this getting called until well into the next...have one of these two as Congresswoman after such a campaign is not exactly cheery.

And if Madrid wins, expect an equally nasty and close rematch in 2008, since Madrid...just isn't the type of candidate who could make this seat safe for the Dems...this could also happen in 2008 if Wilson wins.

I'm glad I don't watch television at the moment...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »

Where is the prediction for Illinois State House District 95? Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »

I would also add that I think neither major candidate in the Virginia Senate race is fit for the position of city dog-catcher and that I generally do not look favorably on crooks.

You're a good man.

So you'll be rooting for the Republicans in New Mexico then? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies