AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:14:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133212 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2006, 05:25:46 AM »

Also, I'm going to try and get the endorsement thread up later today, but I'm not sure since I don't really know my plans for the rest of the day.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2006, 06:32:43 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2011, 07:36:49 AM by Bacon King »

Bacon King, the two-term Governor of Oklahoma, is viewed as a leading member of the libertarian wing of the Republican Party- especially in regards to his social moderation. While Governor, he spearheaded an attempt to reduce pork in the state budget, eventually freeing enough funds for a modest cut in taxes.
     Though he has had significant opposition from conservatives in Oklahoma, Governor King remains steadfast in his social views- last year, he vetoed a state bill which aimed to reinstate Oklahoma's ban on sodomy. Although this move has not played well with some Oklahomans, Governor King looks towards the national scene and hopes he may someday represent the nation as President.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2006, 06:41:21 AM »

All good so far, except Bullmoose's which is over five sentences.  Please amend it. Smiley

Also, I received this question by PM, which I can answer here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, not at all.  The only stipulation is that the forum member must have at least 50 posts.

sorry for the overage...it will be fixed this afternoon.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:36 AM »

Better?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2006, 10:06:02 AM »

Governor Richard G. Arage (Indiana) (Bullmoose) - $500,000

Senator Andrew Berger (Alaska) - $250,000

Senator Chris Scott (North Dakota) (MHS2002) - $250,000

Representative Chris Soult (Maine) (Supersoulty) - $500,000

Secretary Govert Vandervoot (Arkansas) (Fezzyfestoon) - $1,000,000

Representative James Wallace (Virginia) (Jake) - $500,000
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2006, 10:16:55 AM »

Joe,

Sent you a PM regarding the game.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »

The Reverend Al Widdershins is a Minister and political activist, noted for his links with organised Labor and his good relations with Detroit's African American community.
Rev. Widdershins preaches a message of equality and redistribution of wealth, and as such has often been accused of engaging in class warfare. He has also repeatedly criticised the tendency of Democrats to be obsessed with what he calls "trivial wedge issues", has branded Establishment politics as "institutionally corrupt", and has said that his reason for running for President is to "stick up for the little guy".
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2006, 11:18:13 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2006, 08:00:34 PM by Supersoulty »

AP - Portland

As Maine goes, so goes America, or at least, thats what 7 term U.S. Representative Chris Soult (48) is hoping.  Soult, the Representative of Maine's 1st Dist., is the current chairman of the House Education, Health and Welfare committee, where committed to a number of actions that have made him, at times, unpopular with certain segments of the base, such as his bill to improve and renew Federal School Lunch Programs and expand federally funded Pregnancy nutrition programs.  His time as chair has showcased Soult at his most liberal, however, as he is a strong supporter of the military, lower taxes, 2nd Amendment rights, law enforcment and pro-life legistation.  Soult, a native of Pennsylvania, moved to Maine with his wife Kate Harman (48) M.D., a native of Maine, 23 years ago and they now have a daughter, Elizabeth (21), and a son, David (19).
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »

So i give $2 million to Secretary Govert Vandervoot and $1 million to Representative Chris Soult.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2006, 12:16:31 PM »

Governor Andrew Leitch (39) is the current two term current Governor of Nebraska. Born in Omaha, to a Catholic family, he had a religious education where he developed a passion for social justice. At college he was a registered Republican but later joined the Democrats. A 'small l' libertarian, he is considered out of step with his party advocating welfare reform and flatter tax policies. Indeed he has aquired the nickname 'kamikaze' from his opponents who believe his Presidential run to be futile. He does however maintain solid support from Independents and significant support from Republican voters in his home state, an appeal he says can transfer nationwide. Long defined as a 'bachelor', the Governor announced that he was gay last year to a small nationwide media storm, but this appears not  to have dented his poll rating.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »

Question... why did I get a bottom office and a bottom state?  I haven't lost interest, I was just really busy for the last few days.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »

Maine's a swing state isn't?

I'm not sure where it sits on the GOP primary schedule, but the first part alone makes it a middle state if not better
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2006, 12:50:35 PM »

I'm not sure where it sits on the GOP primary schedule, but the first part alone makes it a middle state if not better

It has 4 EV's!

I'm not gonna have many delegates, regardless of where it is on the primary schedual... like that matters, cause the best I can hope to do here is an "as expected" which isn't gonna help me much with a whopping 30 or so delegates.

Fund raising is gonna be a nightmare, too.

The only good thing is that I appear to be the only GOP candidate from the Northeast, which still isn't much.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2006, 12:53:23 PM »

I'll split my $3 mil evenly between three candidates:

Bullmoose
Ernest
Bacon King
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2006, 12:54:41 PM »

Minot, ND: Senator Chris Scott announced today that he will run for President, throwing his name into the crowded Republican field. The three-term Senator stated that he "represents the hopes and ideals of the majority of the Republican party" and is therefore "the natural successor for the nomination." Scott highlighted his opposition to abortion, support for the military, and support for immigration his major platforms. Scott also added that he would resign from his Senate seat should the need to campaign "take away from my responsibilities to my fellow North Dakotans."
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2006, 12:55:08 PM »

Despite his lavish home in Nashville, Salvor holds far different roots. 45 years ago, Hardin was born to two farmers in rural Tennessee. Growing up on the farm not only changed the way he thought on the enviroment and on farm subsidies, but drove home a southern charm that he still holds in the big city. Salvor used that charm to quickly climb the political ladder, from state rep to Governor in 15 years and 4 seats. Hardin hopes to break the national stereotypes on not only Southern Dems, but Southerners in general.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

It has 4 EV's!

I'm not gonna have many delegates, regardless of where it is on the primary schedual... like that matters, cause the best I can hope to do here is an "as expected" which isn't gonna help me much with a whopping 30 or so delegates.

Fund raising is gonna be a nightmare, too.

The only good thing is that I appear to be the only GOP candidate from the Northeast, which still isn't much.

where it does sit on the primary calendar does matter, and I think thats more important than its delegates (or EVs)...NH doesnt have many delegates, granted its one of the first primaries...but being early is a huge momentum factor..and you're right next door. (No one cares about the IN primary, or the PA primary...but they might care about ME)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2006, 01:19:09 PM »

Just a reminder to the people who have posted their endorsements here:

N.B. No endorsements from anybody will be accepted here or recognized, so don't bother. Wink

The official endorsement thread will be created in just a few hours.

Don't worry, this doesn't mean that anybody who has posted here so far is disqualified or anything; it just means that you'll need to make another post in the correct thread. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2006, 01:20:34 PM »

Governor Andrew Leitch (39) is the current two term current Governor of Nebraska. Born in Omaha, to a Catholic family, he had a religious education where he developed a passion for social justice. At college he was a registered Republican but later joined the Democrats. A 'small l' libertarian, he is considered out of step with his party advocating welfare reform and flatter tax policies. Indeed he has aquired the nickname 'kamikaze' from his opponents who believe his Presidential run to be futile. He does however maintain solid support from Independents and significant support from Republican voters in his home state, an appeal he says can transfer nationwide. Long defined as a 'bachelor', the Governor announced that he was gay last year to a small nationwide media storm, but this appears not  to have dented his poll rating.

Sorry, but this is over five sentences long.  You'll need to amend it, or I'll just lop off as many sentences from the end until it reaches five.

Sorry Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2006, 01:34:45 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2006, 01:36:28 PM by Joe Republic »

Question... why did I get a bottom office and a bottom state?  I haven't lost interest, I was just really busy for the last few days.

Actually the position of Representative and the state of Maine are both in the middle positions.  Rep. is just under Governor and Senator in terms of experience and prestige, which means that it's #3 out of 7 in the ranking.

Maine is a swing state with an early primary.  That last part is highly important, because success in earlier primaries will DEFINITELY help you throughout the game.  So not only do you have a home state advantage there, but also an advantage in the crucial NH primary next door as well (albeit a weaker one).  Not to mention that if you make it to the general election, you are the only candidate in the race (except Josh22) who is from the Northeast, which means that you will probably have an advantage in the whole of the region.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2006, 01:44:37 PM »

Andrew Berger is the junior Senator from the state of Alaska. Currently in the middle of his third term, Berger has fought for less government intervention in the personal lives of American citizens and has dedicated his career to ensuring that the country stays a nation for the people by the people. Andrew is a moderate all around and is both loved and hated for his maverick tendencies and ability to speak his mind. Unhappy with the current state of the Republican Party, Berger states proudly that he is a "Republican in the mold of Eisenhower" and that he wants to bring the party back to the days of "true compassionate conservatism".
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »

As a 7 term Congressman, representing the 6th District of Virginia, James Wallace has worked within the Republican Party Caucus to champion the ideals of social conservatism, mixed with an economic plan to fight poverty and raise up the lower classes of society. As the Chairman of the Committee on Agriculture, he's on focused on initiatives to help unsuccessful farmers transition to new careers, helping to mitigate the effects of the decline in family farming. Wallace is also a member of the Congressional Task Force on Israel, and is a champion of Israeli causes in Congress. Unique for a senior Congressional Republican, Wallace is a supporter of amnesty for illegal aliens, and has made his 21st Century Immigration Plan to focus of his campaign.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2006, 03:08:03 PM »

Despite his lavish home in Nashville, Salvor holds far different roots. 45 years ago, Hardin was born to two farmers in rural Tennessee. Growing up on the farm not only changed the way he thought on the enviroment and on farm subsidies, but drove home a southern charm that he still holds in the big city. Salvor used that charm to quickly climb the political ladder, from state rep to Governor in 15 years and 4 seats. Hardin hopes to break the national stereotypes on not only Southern Dems, but Southerners in general.

Sounds like an opening segment of Life Styles of the Rich and Famous.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2006, 03:46:21 PM »

(AP)Salt Lake City, Utah. Senator Josh Fleming today announced his intentions to seek the office of the President of the United States. Fleming, a former U.S Representative and two term Governor of Utah, is a moderate democrat by most standards. As Senator, Fleming has brought millions of dollars to Utah and fights for the people of Utah. "My bi-partisan leadership in Congress has enabled things to actually be done in D.C." Fleming hopes to capitalize on democratic moderates who are unhappy with things.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2006, 06:28:23 PM by Justice Colin Wixted »

Colin Wixted, 58, is the Senior Senator from the great state of Indiana. During his ten year tenure in the Senate he has made a name for himself as a moderate voice and a true conscience of the Senate. Senator Wixted has always put himself forward as a great advocate of the free market and social freedoms. He has continually pushed for spending cuts and caps on spending while in the Senate and has worked to try and lower the the budget and trade deficits as well as continually supporting personal freedoms from government intrusion. Senator Wixted votes based on his belief in the ideology of liberty and is a true principaled moderate, able to see the debate from both sides yet voting on his convictions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies