AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:53:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133155 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: December 02, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »

I still get the money I win in each primary right?

If that's the case, Akno ought to stay in, just to rack up a lot of 2nd place money, and then endorse me later and I'll get more.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #826 on: December 03, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »

I still get the money I win in each primary right?

If that's the case, Akno ought to stay in, just to rack up a lot of 2nd place money, and then endorse me later and I'll get more.

You'll still get a million for each primary you'd have won after now.  As to the second point, don't be greedy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #827 on: December 03, 2006, 07:15:28 PM »

New deadline up.

I assume both Republicans will be contesting Kansas?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #828 on: December 03, 2006, 07:25:29 PM »

I will be. Working on my final speech now. Should be posted by the end of tonight.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #829 on: December 03, 2006, 07:55:54 PM »

New deadline up.

I assume both Republicans will be contesting Kansas?

I shall be
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #830 on: December 03, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »

Kansas

Campaign Organization

Level Three

Campaign Speeches

National Progress

In the last few months of the campaign trail people have asked me, "Jim, why are you running for President?". I have only one answer. America needs a leader who believes that progress forward is possible. The past eight years have been divisive for our nation. We haven't had the leadership from either side to solve the big issues - healthcare, education, immigration, etc. We need a President who believes in progress, who isn't so focused on putting their ideology into action. And I believe I'm that kind of guy. Too many, including my opponent, believe governing is about putting your personal preferences into action, regardless of whether their the best for our country. Frankly, I'm more concerned about results than how we get there. My goals are healthcare for all Americans, top quality education for all America, and a secure supply of energy for America. I'm prepared to fight for those goals as President, no matter who's side comes up with the plan to do it. That's leadership, and that's what I'm offering.

Gun Rights that Work for Society

The Second Amendment of the US Constitution guarantees the right to own a firearm. That is a right that is exercised by millions across the country, including many of you here in Kansas. It is a right that is carefully respected by the vast majority of gun owners, to ensure not only their safety, but the safety of those they interact with. Yet, we have some gun owners, mainly criminals, who are not interested in abiding by the rules of gun ownership. I believe we should approach this issue with care, to ensure that gun owners can still own firearms. I would not enact federal gun control legislation as President, but I would call a meeting of our nation's governors and guns would be one of the issues discussed. I would press them to enact laws that track the ownership and sale of handguns throughout their states, so we can ensure that buyers have their backgrounds checked and there is a waiting period before purchasing the handgun. Mr. Cereal gives the example of Vermont as a state with low gun control and low crime, and then California as a state with high gun control and high crime. He fails to stop and think about what types of areas are found in each state. Vermont is a state with low population and no major urban entity. California has our nation's highest population and many urban entities. There is nothing to suggest that there is a connection between unregulated gun ownership and low crime rates. All Mr. Cereal shows with that analogy is that he's prepared to deceive Americans to put his radical agenda into practice. Vote Tuesday for fair gun laws that keep guns out of criminal's hands; vote for Jim Wallace.

Government Can Work

The overriding theme of my campaign thus far has been that government can work positively for the people. I'm committed towards that singular goal, because it underlines all of my other goals of providing top notch education, fully funding universal health care for all Americans, and making certain that America has cheap energy in the upcoming years. However, my opponent's campaign theme is that government can't work for the American people. He doesn't believe that government can work in a positive manner to accomplish things for you, the people. Rather, he plans to rely on the magical powers of "the free market" to solve the health care crisis. His ideology tells him that government can't work for the people, so that's what he believes and that's exactly what the result of his policies is going to be; the government not working for you. I believe that in my first hundred days in office I can lay the groundwork for tackling the health care crisis, solving our future energy needs, and setting our public education system up for success. Unfortunately, my opponent doesn't share that goal.

My States' Rights

As a Virginian, the concept of states' rights was instilled in me from a young age. The idea of the federal government granting certain rights solely to the states is one that is central to the idea of America and one that I hold close to my heart. So called "social issues" should be under the states' jurisdiction, so they can make laws on marriage, abortion, stem cell research, and gun regulation. However, my opponent takes the concept of states' rights too far. He spoke recently on the topic and declared that the federal government should end the funding of education and health care on the national level. As President, he would eliminate federal funding for education, immediately plunging our public education system deep into debt. As a result, the states would have to raise property taxes, which hurt the working class rather than the more wealthy. Mr. Cereal would also slash Medicare and Medicaid, leaving our seniors and children in the lurch until the state governments put some sort of program together from scratch. He even said he couldn't think of a better way to provide education and health care than by cutting it from the federal budget. Yes folks, his solution to the health care crisis is to eliminate Medicare. Yet more radical ideas from Mr. Cereal. If you want all Americans to have health care and you want top notch education for your kids, you need to vote for Jim Wallace for President. We can't afford to let Mr. Cereal into office.

What the Country Needs

Leadership is probably the single most thing we've been lacking in American politics over the last twenty years. From promising not to raise taxes, and then raising them, to lying to the American people on television, to extreme corruption and patronage taken to the worst levels imaginable, our last three Presidents have simply failed you, the American people. What the country needs is a politician who doesn't care about putting his buddies into power, one that isn't so concerned about putting their ideology into practice, someone who is looking for results, no matter who comes up with the plan to get there. I believe I've shown that I have those qualities, the qualities to lead the country forward. The comeback from oblivion this campaign has engineered shows that you the people are hearing my message and responding to it positively. That's why we're winning this race for the nomination right now. I have my agenda ready to put into action starting on Inauguration Day. Health care for all Americans, a repeal of bureaucratic restrictions on education, a return to nuclear power for lower energy prices, and a brand new GI Bill to guarantee housing and pay benefits to those who serve in overseas wars. My campaign has put out the ideas that Americans want to see put into law. If you want a leader who is prepared to take this nation forward, vote for Jim Wallace for President. I won't let you down.

General Campaigning

48 hours

Campaign Ads

Who You're Electing - Campaign Ad @ Level Three

>I'm speaking on my Virginia ranch. The Shenandoah Mountains are in the background

Me: This is where I grew up. Where I first realized the person I wanted to be. Where I returned after college to practice law. I've always said the greatest blessing God gave me is being born in America, where everyone has a chance to succeed. We're so lucky to have all the blessings we have as a nation. And that is exactly the reason why I find it imperative that we solve the health care crisis and provide health care, free at the point of use, to all Americans. In the greatest and most blessed nation on the planet, our citizens should not have the skimp and save to make a doctors visit. Those are my values, those are the values of America. Vote for Jim Wallace for President, and I'll bring those values to the White House.

The Pro-Family Candidate - Campaign Ad @ Level Three

>I'm speaking with my family around me.

Me: The main reason I'm running for President is because I believe America's families are being failed by our government. In this age of rapidly increasing health care costs, poor educational policies, and far-left advocacy groups, we need a President who's prepared to stand up for the best interests of American families. In my first 100 days in office, I plan to begin the push towards health care for all and a reform of American education. I'm ready to be the leader in the anti-abortion movement nationwide. I'm prepared to defend the interests of American families in the White House. If you share my goals, vote for Jim Wallace, the only Pro-Family Candidate.

Power Flows from the People - Campaign Ad @ Level Three

>Faceless politicians speak on screen.

v/o: For far too long politicians have acted like power flows from their positions in Congress. Their excessive vanity has caused them to lose sight of where their power really comes from...

>Cut to me talking outside a farmer's market

Me: And that's you, the people. During my campaign across America, people have constantly told me three things they want government to guarantee them. They want affordable healthcare for when their family members fall ill, they want top notch education for their children, and they want cheap power for their homes and vehicles. And I've promised them all the same thing. Under my administration I'll fight for Congress to implement a universal healthcare plan, I'll demand Congress repeals No Child Left behind and returns control over education to local school boards, and I'll work towards construction of new nuclear power plants to break our addiction to Middle East oil. But above all, I've reminded them that power flows from you the people. YOU can vote for change by voting for Jim Wallace in Tuesday's primary.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #831 on: December 06, 2006, 01:59:29 PM »

Gun Control
"If we only got rid of guns" says the idealist.  No, says the utopian idealist. "crimes wouldn't happen"...  Then the reality sinks in.  Crimes do happen.  People get killed.  This leads to the notion that we should ban or limit gun sales in the United States.  If we were actually able to do this, citizens wouldn't be able to get guns-yet the criminals would.  As hard as it may be for some to believe, criminals don't care about breaking the law-so gun control would give the killers easy targets.  The beautiful thing about having free access to guns-is how criminals would think.  You don't have to own a gun, just the possiblilty that you could have a gun is enough to scare off criminals.  The other candidate Mr Wallace has said "national gun registry".  Though he isn't for all-out banning firearms, I could only imagine the person who fears rape worrying about getting all the necessary bureaucratic red tape passed so she can "someday" get protection after the government lets her fend off a rapist.  A national gun registry would do nothing to ensure the safety of citizens.  Anyone can use a gun, and criminals know this.  They care not who's gun they're using when they commit a crime.  As president I would push for a repeal on the waiting period for firearms.  Why should someone who is fearful of losing their life have to wait any amount of time before they are allowed basic protection?  As governor I've received an A from the NRA and the GOA.  They have both concluded that if you want to protect your right to keep and bear arms, I am the candidate who will.  Thank you.

Abortion
Hello, I am here to speak for the children of America, those who have not yet been born.  I feel strongly for the issue of abortion-as it is a sensitive issue.  I am pro-life because I believe that the unborn have the same right to live as each of us do.  We each have enormous potential that we can achieve and each individual is very important to society-in different roles, to different people.  With abortion readily available to those who want it, the unborn do not have that opportunity to enjoy a life with family and friends.  It's over before they're even welcomed into the world.  Abortion may seem like 'no big deal' to some.  It may be thought as 'it's my body' by others.  But, I must leave with the thought... is it just a 'part of the body' when your mother gave birth to you?  A year before President Bush signed the partial birth abortion I urged congress for a bill to do the same.  Though I would not nominate justices ONLY based on the judicial activism used in Roe v. Wade, I would encourage them to reconsider their decision on that issue because lives are too important to go to waste. Thank you and God Bless.

Government, or Something better?
There are choices.  The government sector or the private sector for dealing with problems.  Now Mr Wallace may say that I "believe in the magical powers of the free market" to solve our problems.  I could easily say that he belives in the magical powers of the national government to counter-but lets look at facts.  Since medicare was passed, a greater number of people have to pay a larger amount of money for medical services.  Since the DoE was enacted as a way to pander to education interest groups, America has dropped from being 1st in education in math and science down to the low 20s.  Yes, this is how "government can work", very poorly.  The market however is unlike a one-size-fits-all proposal.  It caters to individual demands and causes competition to make products cheaper.  If a market program is corrupt or inefficient, it loses profits and fails-you never have to see it again.  If government fails, it keeps going right on with "reforms" and you keep paying more money for worse services.  As President, I would repeal No Child Left Behind and let state's decide whether they want to keep the current system, or go to a voucher system, or fully privatize.  Each state is differently able to fund education and that should be respected.  I would pull special interest groups funding out of the FDA so that drugs aren't regulated with political pull-and are looked at objectively.  I would fund a system that protects the environment to work with business-not against so that we don't lose jobs, yet we can save the environment.  None ot these things my opponent would do.  He doesn't favor choice-he assumes government is the only way.  The main premise to his thinking is "Government Works".  Well sir, I must ask: if that is the case, then why is our country in so many of the messes we are in now?  Thank you.

Multilateralism and Presidential Power in War
Something that is a growing concern of mine is the role of the United Nations in the United States.  The UN was originally started as an organization to promote peace and well-being.  Since it's start in 1945, America has been in more wars than it's been in since the beginning of the country.  The problem is multi-lateralism.  The solution, if we need to defend America, we need to go to war.  We don't need to go to war for anything other than defense, and we don't need permission from a global body or from any other nations.  However we will gladly welcome allies who fight with us in case of a defensive war.
Another topic in war is something that must be adressed-the War Powers Act.  Used by Presidents Johnson and Nixon in Vietnam, this Act gave the president the ability to declare war and seek permission with congress later.  This act allows a single man to choose whether his troops will fight and die in a war.  Now, the emotional appeal may be lost on some, but I will say that this act is also blatantly unconstitutional.  Article 1section 8 states that congress, not the president has the power to declare war.  As something that could be abused (though not by my presidency) I would push congress to repeal this act immediately.  Vote for Peace, vote Cereal.

10 hours campaigning
30 hours fundraising
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #832 on: December 08, 2006, 06:06:16 PM »

New deadline for Illinois up.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #833 on: December 11, 2006, 11:41:56 AM »

Level 2 organization, 50 hours of campaigning.

Government, or Something better?
There are choices.  The government sector or the private sector for dealing with problems.  Now Mr Wallace may say that I "believe in the magical powers of the free market" to solve our problems.  I could easily say that he belives in the magical powers of the national government to counter-but lets look at facts.  Since medicare was passed, a greater number of people have to pay a larger amount of money for medical services.  Since the DoE was enacted as a way to pander to education interest groups, America has dropped from being 1st in education in math and science down to the low 20s.  Yes, this is how "government can work", very poorly.  The market however is unlike a one-size-fits-all proposal.  It caters to individual demands and causes competition to make products cheaper.  If a market program is corrupt or inefficient, it loses profits and fails-you never have to see it again.  If government fails, it keeps going right on with "reforms" and you keep paying more money for worse services.  As President, I would repeal No Child Left Behind and let state's decide whether they want to keep the current system, or go to a voucher system, or fully privatize.  Each state is differently able to fund education and that should be respected.  I would pull special interest groups funding out of the FDA so that drugs aren't regulated with political pull-and are looked at objectively.  I would fund a system that protects the environment to work with business-not against so that we don't lose jobs, yet we can save the environment.  None ot these things my opponent would do.  He doesn't favor choice-he assumes government is the only way.  The main premise to his thinking is "Government Works".  Well sir, I must ask: if that is the case, then why is our country in so many of the messes we are in now?  Thank you.

The Anti-pork President
I've been called by my opponent, a candidate that would call education spending pork.  I've never heard such a ridiculous claim.  As far as education spending goes, I've worked with congress to redirect spending from previous regulations on education and frivolous standardized testing, and gave tax-breaks to lower income families to spend on education.  Now you may not like that policy, but you really can't call it pork.  I've been a state senator and governor and I know pork.  Pork bills I refuse to vote on, or sign into law-so this claim is obviously false.  Voting for me would be the best thing to reduce pork in spending however.  As I stand against political favors in this campaign.  Thank You.

Multilateralism and Presidential Power in War
Something that is a growing concern of mine is the role of the United Nations in the United States.  The UN was originally started as an organization to promote peace and well-being.  Since it's start in 1945, America has been in more wars than it's been in since the beginning of the country.  The problem is multi-lateralism.  The solution, if we need to defend America, we need to go to war.  We don't need to go to war for anything other than defense, and we don't need permission from a global body or from any other nations.  However we will gladly welcome allies who fight with us in case of a defensive war.
Another topic in war is something that must be adressed-the War Powers Act.  Used by Presidents Johnson and Nixon in Vietnam, this Act gave the president the ability to declare war and seek permission with congress later.  This act allows a single man to choose whether his troops will fight and die in a war.  Now, the emotional appeal may be lost on some, but I will say that this act is also blatantly unconstitutional.  Article 1section 8 states that congress, not the president has the power to declare war.  As something that could be abused (though not by my presidency) I would push congress to repeal this act immediately.  Vote for Peace, vote Cereal.

What I want as President
Some of my critics have said that I'm utopian in my beliefs, some say I'm too much of an idealist without any practical goals.  My first 100 days would go as such:  Hire only the best of the best engineers to work on resource allocation to make it possible for states with very little resources to be able to get what they need and do it at a low cost.  I'll repeal the NCLB and encourage states to set their own educational policies.  I'll encourage recycling and improve the environmental standards of this country in a way that's not harmful to business, so there will be a win-win situation.  I'll repeal the War Powers Act, I'll repeal regulations that make it harder to get adequate health care, I'll reject any bill that comes to my desk that infringes upon civil liberties such as gun ownership and property ownership.  I'll look for judicial appointments and cabinet positions only if they are qualified to do the job and have had prior experience.  I'll make myself a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup because it's an exhausting time and everyone needs a break...
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #834 on: December 11, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »

Illinois

Campaign Organization

Level One (1,900,000)

Campaign Speeches

Responsibility

In life, every has responsibilities. As a Congressman, I have a responsibility to represent my constituents and serve their interests. As a father and husband, I the responsibility to provide for my family and teach my children so they can be successful in life. And as a citizen, I have the responsibility to make good decisions, follow our laws, and speak my mind and vote so that our nation can flourish. However, responsibility seems to be lost of many of our youths today. We now see rampant drug use, astronomical teen pregnancy rates, and a general attitude of complacency among high school students. Our youngsters are failing to shoulder their responsibilities. Now, we can play the blame game all we want, but I know that game will not solve our problems, actions will. To combat teen pregnancy, we must enact laws promoting safe-sex policies and begin a nationwide campaign to ensure that teens who engage in risky sexual behavior do so with knowledge of how to prevent pregnancy. The worst thing we can do now is sit back and let the status-quo continue, because the ills of teen pregnancy, abortion, broken single parent homes, and poverty, especially in the black community, are inextricably linked together. Only by removing the cause of these problems can the effects be lessened.

Government Can Work

The overriding theme of my campaign thus far has been that government can work positively for the people. I'm committed towards that singular goal, because it underlines all of my other goals of providing top notch education, fully funding universal health care for all Americans, and making certain that America has cheap energy in the upcoming years. However, my opponent's campaign theme is that government can't work for the American people. He doesn't believe that government can work in a positive manner to accomplish things for you, the people. Rather, he plans to rely on the magical powers of "the free market" to solve the health care crisis. His ideology tells him that government can't work for the people, so that's what he believes and that's exactly what the result of his policies is going to be; the government not working for you. I believe that in my first hundred days in office I can lay the groundwork for tackling the health care crisis, solving our future energy needs, and setting our public education system up for success. Unfortunately, my opponent doesn't share that goal.

What the Country Needs

Leadership is probably the single most thing we've been lacking in American politics over the last twenty years. From promising not to raise taxes, and then raising them, to lying to the American people on television, to extreme corruption and patronage taken to the worst levels imaginable, our last three Presidents have simply failed you, the American people. What the country needs is a politician who doesn't care about putting his buddies into power, one that isn't so concerned about putting their ideology into practice, someone who is looking for results, no matter who comes up with the plan to get there. I believe I've shown that I have those qualities, the qualities to lead the country forward. The comeback from oblivion this campaign has engineered shows that you the people are hearing my message and responding to it positively. That's why we're winning this race for the nomination right now. I have my agenda ready to put into action starting on Inauguration Day. Health care for all Americans, a repeal of bureaucratic restrictions on education, a return to nuclear power for lower energy prices, and a brand new GI Bill to guarantee housing and pay benefits to those who serve in overseas wars. My campaign has put out the ideas that Americans want to see put into law. If you want a leader who is prepared to take this nation forward, vote for Jim Wallace for President. I won't let you down.

What You Deserve

All too many politicians are all too happy to tell you what they can get for you. I'm running for President to get what you as Americans deserve. I know that you deserve to know that your children are safe from predators, I know that you deserve to know that you're family will be able to receive health coverage if one of you gets seriously ill, I know that you deserve the best education we can provide, and I know that you deserve to live out your golden years safe and secure. Those are guarantees our government must make to you and your family. No other candidate is prepared to offer such guarantees; some like Governor Cereal are all too happy to call such guarantees "pork" and toss them out the window. However, these guarantees are what every citizen deserves from their government. Those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President and guarantee you these rights.

My States' Rights

As a Virginian, the concept of states' rights was instilled in me from a young age. The idea of the federal government granting certain rights solely to the states is one that is central to the idea of America and one that I hold close to my heart. So called "social issues" should be under the states' jurisdiction, so they can make laws on marriage, abortion, stem cell research, and gun regulation. However, my opponent takes the concept of states' rights too far. He spoke recently on the topic and declared that the federal government should end the funding of education and health care on the national level. As President, he would eliminate federal funding for education, immediately plunging our public education system deep into debt. As a result, the states would have to raise property taxes, which hurt the working class rather than the more wealthy. Mr. Cereal would also slash Medicare and Medicaid, leaving our seniors and children in the lurch until the state governments put some sort of program together from scratch. He even said he couldn't think of a better way to provide education and health care than by cutting it from the federal budget. Yes folks, his solution to the health care crisis is to eliminate Medicare. Yet more radical ideas from Mr. Cereal. If you want all Americans to have health care and you want top notch education for your kids, you need to vote for Jim Wallace for President. We can't afford to let Mr. Cereal into office.

Campaign Ads

Power Flows from the People - Campaign Ad @ Level Two (1,900,000)

>Faceless politicians speak on screen.

v/o: For far too long politicians have acted like power flows from their positions in Congress. Their excessive vanity has caused them to lose sight of where their power really comes from...

>Cut to me talking in a Chicago suburb

Me: And that's you, the people. During my campaign across America, people have constantly told me three things they want government to guarantee them. They want affordable healthcare for when their family members fall ill, they want top notch education for their children, and they want cheap power for their homes and vehicles. And I've promised them all the same thing. Under my administration I'll fight for Congress to implement a universal healthcare plan, I'll demand Congress repeals No Child Left behind and returns control over education to local school boards, and I'll work towards construction of new nuclear power plants to break our addiction to Middle East oil. But above all, I've reminded them that power flows from you the people. YOU can vote for change by voting for Jim Wallace in Tuesday's primary.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #835 on: December 11, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »

Good work guys.  I'll finish up the results tomorrow afternoon.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #836 on: December 12, 2006, 08:07:06 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2006, 12:54:37 AM by MaC »

I am hereby conceding from the race.  It's been made clear that Republicans want a country with a larger, more intrusive government, don't care about civil liberties, or caring for the environment, nor do they want lower taxes or federalism.  I had once thought that many of these were values embraced by my party, and even though Michigan Republicans support these ideals, others don't.  I never cared for Mr Wallace's venomous ads or ridiculous accusations of me, so I shall not endorse him.

If I could, I would endorse John Mabus so that at least one of us could beat him.  As far as my resources are concerned, I'd like to give back to those who've contributed.  I know that it's not much, but trying to be fair about it-I'll give back 1,000,000 to Chris Soult, 800,000 to Ernest, 600,000 to Killerpollo, 500,000 to Colin Wixted, 400,000 to downwithdaleft, 200,000 to Inks, Bono, and AkSaber, and 100,000 to phknrocket1k.  I wholeheartedly thank you for your endorsements and money. 

I would also like to thank the people of Wisconsin, Idaho, Utah, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, and my beloved Michigan for choosing me as your Republican choice for president.  Well, enough with all the tears.  I've probably neglected my state and I need to get back to governing it.  Good bye and Thank you.  God Bless.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #837 on: December 13, 2006, 02:20:53 AM »

I am dropping out of the Democrats and endorsing Jake, because Harry is a stripper Risk whore.

(No hard feelings, Harry, but you so are.)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #838 on: December 13, 2006, 04:11:28 PM »

Guess I win then. Nice whining Governor, it was fun kicking your ass these past few months.

Oh, and it's nice to see a the candidate with the coherent message beat the one with all the endorsements and all the money.

What's up next?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #839 on: December 13, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »

Guess I win then. Nice whining Governor, it was fun kicking your ass these past few months.

Oh, and it's nice to see a the candidate with the coherent message beat the one with all the endorsements and all the money.

What's up next?

Well, assholes often win the presidency.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #840 on: December 13, 2006, 04:43:03 PM »

What's up next?

The ass kicking tables are turned on you.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #841 on: December 13, 2006, 06:33:11 PM »

I'm not surprised that Wallace won.  Populist that's pro-Iraq defeats libertarian who wants to withdraw in the GOP primary any day of the week.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #842 on: December 13, 2006, 06:46:18 PM »

I'm not surprised that Wallace won.  Populist that's pro-Iraq defeats libertarian who wants to withdraw in the GOP primary any day of the week.

I admit, I was surprised considering how Governor Cereral was still leading in delegates.

It is time for our party to unite behind James Wallace. Onward to victory!

-Gov. Arage
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #843 on: December 13, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »

I've hardly said anything anti-Iraq the whole campaign.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #844 on: December 14, 2006, 07:41:17 AM »

I don't get this...why didn't anyone better run and win in these primaries? Oh, well... Tongue
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #845 on: December 14, 2006, 04:57:53 PM »

I don't get this...why didn't anyone better run and win in these primaries? Oh, well... Tongue

you did endorse Jake...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #846 on: December 14, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »

I haven't forgotten about this, by the way.  I've just piled quite a lot on my plate right now...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #847 on: December 17, 2006, 06:34:28 AM »

you did endorse Jake...

Yes, I had to weigh my options...it seemed as if Harry and you were on the way towards victory. I wanted to stop both of you, but decided that Harry was probably unstoppable anyway, so tha tmy money would be wasted there. But I would have preferred someone else, that is neither of the candidates still able to win by the time I found this.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2006, 11:27:34 PM »

Anything further happening with this Joe?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #849 on: December 21, 2006, 07:57:10 PM »

Anything further happening with this Joe?

Yes, but I'm just taking a short break from it, and sharing my time with the Risk games too.  I also need to calculate some formulae and work out some logistics too, but it will be going ahead. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies