AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133213 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: September 03, 2006, 11:38:20 PM »

Name: Richard G. Arage
Party: Republican

Where do you stand on the following issues? [Delete as appropriate]

• Abortion  Neutral
  • Affirmative Action Neutral (lean oppose on grounds of race, lean support on grounds of class-fyi)
  • Gay Rights Support
  • Death Penalty Support
  • War on Drugs  Oppose
  • Gun control Support (but not emphatically so)
  • School Vouchers Neutral
  • Promote abstinence over sex education  Oppose
  • Measures to reduce global warming  Neutral
  • ANWR Drilling Support 
  • Seek UN approval for military action Oppose
  • Iraq War was a mistake Support 
  • More Spending on Armed Forces Neutral
  • Domestic surveillance (e.g. wiretapping)  Oppose
  • Support and Expand Free Trade Support 
  • More Federal Funding For Healthcare  Neutral
  • Privatize Social Security Support 
  • Encourage Immigration Support 
  • Raise the Minimum Wage  Oppose
  • Decrease taxation of the rich Neutral
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:42:33 PM »

Joe,

In my case (it seems right now I've got the GOP's liberal wing, whatever thats worth locked up)...I'm wondering, in the general...would it be possible for someone to pull an Anderson?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:45:43 PM »

Joe,

In my case (it seems right now I've got the GOP's liberal wing, whatever thats worth locked up)...I'm wondering, in the general...would it be possible for someone to pull an Anderson?

You bastard.

Mom,

Give Andrew his account back.

But in all seriousness...why do you think so...I think you're hitting the right libertarian wing of the party...think I'm more angled at the left libertarian, miniscule liberal Rockefeller wing. whats the gripe?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 11:52:21 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2006, 11:53:52 PM by bullmoose88 »

Joe,

You bastard.

Mom,

But in all seriousness...why do you think so...I think you're hitting the right libertarian wing of the party...think I'm more angled at the left libertarian, miniscule liberal Rockefeller wing. whats the gripe?

Why do you both oppose raising the minimum wage?

For me, its not a neener neener keep the poor down thing. I see the minimum wage as a price floor (which I'm against anyways)...I see it also as a cause of unemployment (surplus labor because theres no equilibrium wage)...and a feel good measure which only causes inflation without helping anyone really. At least in my humble opinion.

I'm more infavor of increasing the buying power of the poor, and giving them the means to get out of the bottom rather than making sure that at the bottom they're "more comfortable."

Prices are my main enemy.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »

Joe,

You bastard.

Mom,

Why do you both oppose raising the minimum wage?

For me, its not a neener neener keep the poor down thing. I see the minimum wage as a price floor (which I'm against anyways)...I see it also as a cause of unemployment (surplus labor because theres no equilibrium wage)...and a feel good measure which only causes inflation without helping anyone really. At least in my humble opinion.

I'm more infavor of increasing the buying power of the poor, and giving them the means to get out of the bottom rather than making sure that at the bottom they're "more comfortable."

Prices are my main enemy.

Hmmm, well I believe there are certain wages that workers deserve.  And I don't think it really spawns inflation more than a negligible amount.  Only requirement I would make is that teenagers, until the are finally freed from the fascist grasp of their parents, are not subject to a minimum wage.

I think people deserve whatever the market's willing to pay them. Sure its sad that certain positions are paid millions of dollars and other's aren't, but that reflects society's values for that sort of work (which may be right or wrong).
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »

Interesting repsonses.  I forgot to add I wouldn't apply the minimum wage to small business either.  A certain number of employees would kick in the minimum wage.  I just figured you guys would at least be neutral. 

In principle I vehemently oppose the minimum wage and increases in it, but I tend to be much more pragmatic. Some battles cannot be won, and there is no point taking to the field in a surefire losing effort. People like empty gestures like these. Save capital for another day.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

Option 1, I will choose my state
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »

who's left to pick?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 01:56:04 PM »

I'm sure you obviously canno divulge what step two is, but will it require a first come first served kinda thing (ie I've gotta wait around until the step starts) or is it more logisitcs work that isn't in a rush?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:45 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2006, 08:44:01 AM by bullmoose88 »

Indianapolis IN (AP)-Indiana's two-term Governor, Richard G. Arage (R-IN), announced his campaign for President. Arage, a former Indiana Attorney General and State Senator, spoke to supporters in front of a banner sporting his campaign slogan [except follows], "Choose Freedom." Arage began his remarks by saying, "Family, Friends, fellow Hoosiers, and my fellow Americans...Today we begin an arduous but rewarding journey that will hopefully culminate with us gathering on the steps of the Capitol on one cold January morning. I stand before you today to join me in Choosing Freedom and by doing so, to place your trust not in the government but in your fellow citizens who have made this country so great. While the government is not necessarily the problem, too often we have looked to it for solutions which while well intended are often misguided. I say choose freedom, trust your fellow Americans, and join me on the road to Pennsylvania Avenue....Thank You!"
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 06:41:21 AM »

All good so far, except Bullmoose's which is over five sentences.  Please amend it. Smiley

Also, I received this question by PM, which I can answer here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, not at all.  The only stipulation is that the forum member must have at least 50 posts.

sorry for the overage...it will be fixed this afternoon.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:36 AM »

Better?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »

Maine's a swing state isn't?

I'm not sure where it sits on the GOP primary schedule, but the first part alone makes it a middle state if not better
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

Maine's a swing state isn't?

I'm not sure where it sits on the GOP primary schedule, but the first part alone makes it a middle state if not better

It has 4 EV's!

I'm not gonna have many delegates, regardless of where it is on the primary schedual... like that matters, cause the best I can hope to do here is an "as expected" which isn't gonna help me much with a whopping 30 or so delegates.

Fund raising is gonna be a nightmare, too.

The only good thing is that I appear to be the only GOP candidate from the Northeast, which still isn't much.

where it does sit on the primary calendar does matter, and I think thats more important than its delegates (or EVs)...NH doesnt have many delegates, granted its one of the first primaries...but being early is a huge momentum factor..and you're right next door. (No one cares about the IN primary, or the PA primary...but they might care about ME)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 11:47:18 AM »

Where is the donation thread?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 01:18:10 PM »

I don't believe they count...sadly...they have to repost.

Its a pain..I know
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 01:34:25 PM »

Any preliminary polls etc?

Ie...matchup polls or which candidate do you think is best on issue x,y,z polls?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »

this stage Joe, (I'm not clear from the instructions...I am dead tired and near illiterate)...I must work solely in Iowa...correct?

No campaign events in New Hampshire or anywhere else...verdad?

Third, you talked about regional bonuses...could you define regions for us...Indiana and Iowa are both Midwestern states...do I get a bonus? is my bonus (if it exists) as large as Ernest's?

(Any chance we could, eventually, see some sort of what states get bonuses where map/table?)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

I will be posting sometime on friday...at the latest...so please don't freak if I'm the last one...which I probably wont be
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »

1.) I'd like to spend 250 hours fundraising.

2.) I'll buy Level 3 campaign organization, for $1,500,000.

3.) Speeches will come later

4.) I'll spend 500 hours campaigning in Iowa.

5.) Ads will be posted later
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

Arage's One and Only Ad-for 750k

Ad-"Trust"

(Ad fades from split second black screen to Gov. Arage in a button down blue long sleeve shirt and khaki pants standing infront of a corn field.)

Arage: "Hello Iowa, I'd like to take a moment of your time to introduce myself. I'm Governor Richard G. Arage of Indiana, and I'm running for the honor of being your president...

(continues...as photos of Arages life are shown on screen)

...I'm a born and raised midwesterner familiar to our shared values of honest and hard work. I've spent my entire life working in Indiana for the people of Indiana...

(back to Arage)

...And I think its time for a breath of fresh air in Washington. I think its time to choose freedom and keep Washington in check...

...I believe that the people of Iowa, and not Washington burecrats, know whats best for themselves and for Iowa, I will work to transfer more power, more choice, more freedom to you...so that you can make the best decisions for you and your family.

I ask you to choose freedom and choose me, Richard G. Arage at the Iowa Caucus...

I'm Richard G. Arage and I authorized this message"

(Fades to black)

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »

how did I go from 17m in the lead post of the GOP thread to just 12?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 11:59:26 PM »

Guess you didn't see the rule against long speeches.
[/quote]

(OOC: Geez man, chill. I'm sure Joe knows what exceeds the limit, and what does not.)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 09:19:39 AM »

Can we start getting preliminary polls for NH, and the primaries soon after (it would help greatly with time budgeting)

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2006, 10:13:08 AM by bullmoose88 »

Speech-Iowa (Choice and Vision)
(Sioux City)

[Arage stands in a park in near or at the city/town center]

"I just want to talk to my fellow Republicans here in Iowa before they caucus this afternoon to give me their support.

I understand that your choice is difficult. There are so many fine people to choose from...after all, we ARE all Republicans (Crowd Laughs). But...

I feel that I am your best option and that my vision for our party, and our country is what makes me stand out from my collegues.

My experience as governor and the fact that I am not tainted by Washington bureacracy allows me to serve you as your president by being an efficient chief executive without connections to entrenched special interests.

My vision is one of freedom and empowerment. I want to restore political power back in the hands of ordinary people by reducing burdensome federal 'we know whats right for you' decision making. At the same time, I will reform the role of the government to empower people to improve themselves, their families, and their communities. Give you the tools, and I know you'll finish the job, and better than DC can.

I hope you'll choose freedom and choose me Thank You and God Bless."

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies