AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133199 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 03, 2006, 09:25:12 PM »

Looks pretty sweet Joe! Good thing you did it, cause no one else would have. Cheesy

Name: Salvor Hardin
Party: Democratic

Where do you stand on the following issues?

• Abortion [Support]
  • Affirmative Action [Neutral]
  • Gay Rights [Support]
  • Death Penalty [Oppose]
  • War on Drugs [Oppose]
  • Gun control [Neutral]
  • School Vouchers [Oppose]
  • Promote abstinence over sex education [Oppose]
  • Measures to reduce global warming [Support]
  • ANWR Drilling [Oppose]
  • Seek UN approval for military action [Neutral]
  • Iraq War was a mistake [Support]
  • More Spending on Armed Forces [Neutral]
  • Domestic surveillance (e.g. wiretapping) [Oppose]
  • Support and Expand Free Trade [Oppose]
  • More Federal Funding For Healthcare [Support]
  • Privatize Social Security [Oppose]
  • Encourage Immigration [Neutral]
  • Raise the Minimum Wage [Support]
  • Decrease taxation of the rich [Oppose]
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:55:58 PM »

Joe,

In my case (it seems right now I've got the GOP's liberal wing, whatever thats worth locked up)...I'm wondering, in the general...would it be possible for someone to pull an Anderson?
I think it would be a good idea to (in the end) throw a third party candidate or two in.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 02:37:40 PM »

Medium Office, Medium State

Ill pick my state.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:55:08 PM »

Despite his lavish home in Nashville, Salvor holds far different roots. 45 years ago, Hardin was born to two farmers in rural Tennessee. Growing up on the farm not only changed the way he thought on the enviroment and on farm subsidies, but drove home a southern charm that he still holds in the big city. Salvor used that charm to quickly climb the political ladder, from state rep to Governor in 15 years and 4 seats. Hardin hopes to break the national stereotypes on not only Southern Dems, but Southerners in general.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 02:46:34 PM »

Second? Woo! Iowa, here I come!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:17 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2006, 09:27:02 PM by Senator Speedy »

1. 700 hours on fundraising.

2. Level two organization

3. Ill post some speeches tomorrow.

4. 950 hours of  campaigning.

5. One $500,000 ad in Iowa (Ill post it tonight)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 09:40:52 PM »

Short, sweet, and to the point.....okay, its bad, but itll have to do.

My $500,000 Iowa Ad:

*Salvor Hardin, sitting in his office* Salvor Hardin: Im Salvor Hardin, and I

approve this message.

*fade to Hardin walking in front of an oil refinery*

Salvor Hardin: For many years, we have taken advantage of our fine

land, in the USA and all around the world. Through all of our expeditions,

we've left nature out of our equations. We have forgotten our dues to

Mother Nature, but she hasn't.

*fade to cycle of hurricane destruction, record highs, and Arctic pictures*

All she's asking for is a little respect, is that too much?

*fade back to Hardin*

As President, I will fight to help combat the causes of global warming,  lifting

a great burden off of ourselves, our children, and our Mother.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05:33 AM »

Id like to thank those who came out and supported me today, but the polls show what I was worried of all along. My inability to creatively write is gonna cost me this election. Unless I pull some awesome speeches out of my ass, Id say this campaign will end at New Hampshire. But, I will give one more shot in the debates and at NH, just for you guys. See you there!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »

Level 2 Organization
1 Level 2 Ad
500 campaign hours
1 speech
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »

"Big Brother" Speech

Id like to thank you all for coming out today, it is inspiring to see how many people concerned about thier privacy. Recently, it seems to be government habit to take every opportunity they get to sneak one more camera into your life, reveal one more line on your biography, add one more minute to thier video of your life.
        Those days are about to come to a screeching halt. This government is here to serve and protect you, not use you as thier personal HBO special. I am here to promise each and every one of you that Big Brothers day of watching you will end the second I step into the Oval Office.
        The Pro-Surviellence will continue to hide behind thier 'terrorism' shield. Couldnt this money be going into more important areas of self-defense? Are we fighting war? Dont we have borders? Imports? Airplanes? But theyre shoving that to the side, because God knows the fact that youre calling your mother on her Birthday is more important than all of that.
        This lack of common sense can, and must stop immediately, and I am going to spend as much time as I can into re-organizing a poorly organized, poorly run Pay per view into a ship shape Homeland Security Department.

Just remember, this is 2006, not 1984, and we should treat it that way.
                        Thank you all again, and good night.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

You also don't have enough campaign hours available for that.  Please check your current profile in the overview thread.

make it 200. thanks Joe.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:28 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2006, 05:54:57 PM by Senator Speedy »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

Salvor Hardin, sitting at his Governos Desk Im Salvor Hardin, and I approve this message.

*screenshots of Iraq War injuries, Militants launching attacks*

Salvor Hardin Just recently, a report was released revealing the truth of our war in Iraq. Not only are we making little progress, we're also causing more terrorism. Isnt that the exact opposite of what we wanted? Some of my opponents will claim victory in thier democracy, but wont let it govern. They praise non-existant progress, and make false claims on terrorism problems lowering.
*Hardin walks down a UN hallway*
        Meanwhile, our boys and girls are being wrecklessly killed and played like pawns by the war hawks in the White House. Hundreds and thousands killed, and many more wounded. A billion dollars spent a month, a crumbling economy, and what do we get in return for staying the course? More terrorism.

We need a real plan out of Iraq. We need to trust the Iraqi government. And we need to get the Osama Bin Laden.

Forgot who that is? This Administration did.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 05:54:25 PM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

Salvor Hardin, sitting at his Governos Desk Im Salvor Hardin, and I approve this message.

Salvor Hardin Just recently, a report was released revealing the truth of our war in Iraq. Not only are we making little progress, we're also causing more terrorism. Isnt that the exact opposite of what we wanted? Some of my opponents will claim victory in thier democracy, but wont let it govern. They praise non-existant progress, and make false claims on terrorism problems lowering.
*Hardin walks down a street in Baghdad*
        Meanwhile, our boys and girls are being wrecklessly killed and played like pawns by the war hawks in the White House. Hundreds and thousands killed, and many more wounded. A billion dollars spent a month, a crumbling economy, and what do we get in return for staying the course? More terrorism.

We need a real plan out of Iraq. We need to trust the Iraqi government. And we need to get the Osama Bin Laden.

Okay... I'm calling foul... if he gets to do an ad walking down the streets of Bagdad, then I'm doing one where I personally put a cap in Osama Bin Laden's head.
Sorry, didnt think it was a big deal. Ill fix it if you prefer.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 06:18:58 AM »

My Ad on the Iraq War:

*Hardin walks down a street in Baghdad*

Okay... I'm calling foul... if he gets to do an ad walking down the streets of Bagdad, then I'm doing one where I personally put a cap in Osama Bin Laden's head.
Sorry, didnt think it was a big deal. Ill fix it if you prefer.

I was joking, but still, man, you are like superman if you are shooting a campaign commericial from Baghdad lol
I know, but upon re-examining, youre right. Although I did consider Colin's idea, I still like my new location better anyway.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »

Just so you know, Joe:

I've walked out of the debate because of Mr. Bird's insulting remarks and his refusal to apologize for them.  About 20% of the crowd walked out along with me.  The crowd cheers loudly as I get in my (fuel-efficent) car and drive away.

No they didn't.
yes they did, I have video proof.
Are you seriously challenging the game runner? Tsk tsk Harry.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »

Lol, nice. Why didnt I think of that? Cheesy
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 06:14:04 PM »

Well gang, we came into NH fighting. We put out a good ad, a solid speech, and spoke the truth at the debate. But the party has spoken, and they have said that Im not cut out for this White House business, and I have no choice but to concur. Thank you my supporters, you never gave up on me. And so, my time in this primary ends here, as Im withdrawing from the race.

I dont suppose any of you need insurance, do you? Cause have I got a deal for you!   Cheesy
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »

Well, I was gonna endorse Mr. Leitch, but with his recent pullout, my endorsement will either go to Fmr. Sec. Gonzalez or Rev. Al Widdershins. I shall make the announcement of who by the end of the night. Perhaps a sentence or two of convincing to my mailbox wouldnt hurt the two candidates. (in PM form) Just a suggestion. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies