AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:13:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133231 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: September 03, 2006, 10:23:11 PM »

Name: James Wallace
Party: Republican

• Abortion [Oppose]
  • Affirmative Action [Oppose]
  • Gay Rights [Oppose]
  • Death Penalty [Support]
  • War on Drugs [Support]
  • Gun control [Support]
  • School Vouchers [Neutral]
  • Promote abstinence over sex education [Neutral]
  • Measures to reduce global warming [Oppose]
  • ANWR Drilling [Support]
  • Seek UN approval for military action [Oppose]
  • Iraq War was a mistake [Support] (Shouldn't withdrawl o/c)
  • More Spending on Armed Forces [Support]
  • Domestic surveillance (e.g. wiretapping) [Support]
  • Support and Expand Free Trade [Support]
  • More Federal Funding For Healthcare [Support ]
  • Privatize Social Security [Oppose]
  • Encourage Immigration [Support]
  • Raise the Minimum Wage [Support]
  • Decrease taxation of the rich [Oppose]
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 02:33:06 PM »

Medium office, medium state

I'll pick the state.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »

As a 7 term Congressman, representing the 6th District of Virginia, James Wallace has worked within the Republican Party Caucus to champion the ideals of social conservatism, mixed with an economic plan to fight poverty and raise up the lower classes of society. As the Chairman of the Committee on Agriculture, he's on focused on initiatives to help unsuccessful farmers transition to new careers, helping to mitigate the effects of the decline in family farming. Wallace is also a member of the Congressional Task Force on Israel, and is a champion of Israeli causes in Congress. Unique for a senior Congressional Republican, Wallace is a supporter of amnesty for illegal aliens, and has made his 21st Century Immigration Plan to focus of his campaign.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »

Give me 100 hours of fundraising.

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 12:13:27 PM »

Few questions Joe.

1. Will there be any other ways to earn money or campaign hours. I notice that we get a small amount of hours between each primary, but will there be another large chunk dumped on us at some point, or will we have to make the 2000 hours plus the small dribs and drabs last until the end?

2. How effective are speeches compared to general campaigning? What variables do they effect?

Maybe these will be answered following the Iowa Caucus.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »

100 hours of fundraising
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2006, 09:31:12 AM by Jake »

Oklahoma

Level 3 Organization
360 hours campaigning
Ad (-$ 500,000) - Moral Values
Speech - Conservative

South Carolina

Level 3 Organization
360 hours campaigning
Speech - Conservative

Delaware

Level 3 Organization
120 hours campaigning
Ad (-$ 150,000) - Education
Speech - Conservative

North Dakota

Level 3 Organization
120 hours campaigning
Ad ($150,000) - Moral Values
Speech - Conservative

Ads:

Moral Values

Children playing on the playground, a family at the park, a little league baseball game

v/o: Moral Values are the basis of our families, our society, our world. Over recent years we've seen an erosion of those values. The stain of abortion has spread across our nation, millions of families are without health care, and the Congress has discussed allowing the destruction of human embryos for research.

Wallace: As President I'll appoint judges who are committed towards creating a culture of life in America, I'll work with Congress to introduce a single payer public health care system for America's poor, and I'll oppose any efforts to use human embryos in medical research. These are the values of America, and I'll fight for them as President.

Education

The ceremony for the signing of the No Child Left Behind Act plays in the background.

v/o: Five years ago, the President signed the No Child Left Behind Act into law, guaranteeing that further regulations would be placed on public education in America, stiffling the sort of creativity and new ideas that are needed to make our education system once again the world's greatest.

New scenes of children learning, a local school board in action, and a graduation ceremony.

Wallace: As President, I'll make it a priority to repeal the No Child Left Behind Act and work to move control over standardized testing and curriculum decisions to states and local school boards. At the same time, we need to committ more federal funds to education, eliminating the need for expensive property taxes. America needs to rededicate ourselves to local control and local decisions in education, not more Washington bureacracy.

Speeches

Conservative

When I look around the field of candidates running for the Republican nomination, I find myself stunned by the lack of actual conservatives in the race. Mr. Cereal opposes any raise in the minimum wage, opposes any increase in health care funding, and supports lowering the taxes on the rich. Colin Wixted supports abortion, opposes the war on drugs, and would rather lower taxes on the rich, while cutting health care and social security. Mr. Arage is in the same mold, leading me to believe these three men would be better served participating in the Democratic primary. Both men would stand up for rich families like the Hiltons, rather than support the middle class, the backbone of America. We need to choose a candidate that represents the middle ground of America, not the left wing upper class America. I am that candidate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »

Honestly folks, could you guys not find the fifteen minutes to post campaigns over the past week? This game isn't that taxing.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 02:25:04 PM »

500 hours of fundraising

That will be it.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

Just a heads up Joe, I think you may have miscalculated Soulty's resulting hours (I think you missed the 30 hours spent campaigning in Michigan).
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 02:25:50 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2006, 03:33:21 PM by Jake »

Maine

Campaign Organization:

Level 3

Campaign Speeches:

College Education

The future. No matter what, the future is always ahead of us. Always flowing towards us without halt. While we live in the present, we must always take actions that will lead to a better, rather than worse, future. Now, one of my "hot button" issues has always been higher education. The steps a young adult takes after high school are the most important steps of life. I was lucky enough to grow up in a family that could afford to put me and my three sisters through college without needing to accrue significant debt, but I realize that very few Americans can do that. Entirely too many bright young adults graduate from high school and either don't have the money to attend college at all, or can attend, but have astronomical debt upon graduation.

Now, what's the solution to this problem? I think it lies in a two part attack. First, the government must reduce interest rates on Federal Student Loans, and at the same time extend the grace period before repayment is needed. Second, the government must expand federal work study programs to cover more eligible students. Any funds placed towards this initiative can be viewed as an investment in the future of millions of young adults, who will in turn use their education to continue America's progress.

Protecting Peace

On the eve of World War Two, President Franklin Roosevelt declared that America must act as an "Arsenal of Democracy" if we wish to preserve of way of life. Six decades later, America's position in the world has changed. No longer can we simply provision the weapons and supplies so others may fight tyranny. Instead, we must act as the "Defenders of Democracy", working to guard the rights of the citizens of the world. Now, this is not an easy task, and is not one to be approached lightly, but it is certainly a mission that we must fufill, or I'm afraid no other nation will take up the mantle. Already, we've acted post 9/11 to remove tyranny in Afghanistan and Iraq. The ultimate fate of those missions is not yet known, but with continued resolve and careful guidance, we can succeed and guarantee freedom for the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan. That is the mission of the 21st century.

North Korea

Currently, we are engaged in a war of words with North Korea, after that nation's recent test of a nuclear weapon. America must act on two fronts here, both diplomatically and militarily, to guarantee the continued freedom of South Korea. Let me make myself absolutely clear. We must maintain diplomatic dialogue with the North Koreans, but at the same time, they must know that any further flaunting of weapons of mass destruction will lead to further sanctions, pushing their country deeper into ruin. I call today on Kim Jong-Il to end his proliferation of missile and nuclear weapons technology and rejoin the community of nations. Give up your weapons, and the international community will respond with aid to rebuild your nation and bring it into the 21st century.

Responsibility

In life, every has responsibilities. As a Congressman, I have a responsibility to represent my constituents and serve their interests. As a father and husband, I the responsibility to provide for my family and teach my children so they can be successful in life. And as a citizen, I have the responsibility to make good decisions, follow our laws, and speak my mind and vote so that our nation can flourish. However, responsibility seems to be lost of many of our youths today. We now see rampant drug use, astronomical teen pregnancy rates, and a general attitude of complacency among high school students. Our youngsters are failing to shoulder their responsibilities. Now, we can play the blame game all we want, but I know that game will not solve our problems, actions will. To combat teen pregnancy, we must enact laws promoting safe-sex policies and begin a nationwide campaign to ensure that teens who engage in risky sexual behavior do so with knowledge of how to prevent pregnancy. The worst thing we can do now is sit back and let the status-quo continue, because the ills of teen pregnancy, abortion, broken single parent homes, and poverty, are inextricably linked together. Only by removing the cause of these problems can the effects be lessened.

Educating...Better

We're now in year six of the great experiment in bureaucracy known as the No Child Left Behind Act, and you know what, things still haven't gotten any better. Instead of the promised advances that were supposed to accompany the increase in standards and federal funding, we've gotten a mess, with schools being downgraded and punished for failing to increase their students test scores to arbitrary federal minimums. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need for such bureaucracy on the federal level. If local school boards wish to measure preformance based on local standards that's their prerogative, but we cannot continue to stiffle schools with regulations. Regulations which, by the way, have led to some schools cancelling music, art, and after school programs because they must spend that money on more math and english teachers. We're currently failing our children. It's time to repeal No Child Left Behind and start returning control of schools to the local communities.

General Campaign Hours:

126 hours
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2006, 10:26:02 PM by Jake »

Virginia

Campaign Organization

Level 1

Campaign Speeches

College Education

The future. No matter what, the future is always ahead of us. Always flowing towards us without halt. While we live in the present, we must always take actions that will lead to a better, rather than worse, future. Now, one of my "hot button" issues has always been higher education. The steps a young adult takes after high school are the most important steps of life. I was lucky enough to grow up in a family that could afford to put me and my three sisters through college without needing to accrue significant debt, but I realize that very few Americans can do that. Entirely too many bright young adults graduate from high school and either don't have the money to attend college at all, or can attend, but have astronomical debt upon graduation.

Now, what's the solution to this problem? I think it lies in a two part attack. First, the government must reduce interest rates on Federal Student Loans, and at the same time extend the grace period before repayment is needed. Second, the government must expand federal work study programs to cover more eligible students. Any funds placed towards this initiative can be viewed as an investment in the future of millions of young adults, who will in turn use their education to continue America's progress.

What You Deserve

All too many politicians are all too happy to tell you what they can get for you. I'm running for President to get what you as Americans deserve. I know that you deserve to know that your children are safe from predators, I know that you deserve to know that you're family will be able to receive health coverage if one of you gets seriously ill, I know that you deserve the best education we can provide, and I know that you deserve to live out your golden years safe and secure. Those are guarantees our government must make to you and your family. No other candidate is prepared to offer such guarantees; some like Governor Cereal are all too happy to call such guarantees "pork" and toss them out the window. However, these guarantees are what every citizen deserves from their government. Those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President and guarantee you these rights.

Educating...Better

We're now in year six of the great experiment in bureaucracy known as the No Child Left Behind Act, and you know what, things still haven't gotten any better. Instead of the promised advances that were supposed to accompany the increase in standards and federal funding, we've gotten a mess, with schools being downgraded and punished for failing to increase their students test scores to arbitrary federal minimums. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need for such bureaucracy on the federal level. If local school boards wish to measure preformance based on local standards that's their prerogative, but we cannot continue to stiffle schools with regulations. Regulations which, by the way, have led to some schools cancelling music, art, and after school programs because they must spend that money on more math and english teachers. We're currently failing our children. It's time to repeal No Child Left Behind and start returning control of schools to the local communities.

Taxes

Right now in Washington we currently have one of the largest budget deficits in history. Not only are we running short of funds to cover current programs, we're unable to fund genuine increases in education, health care, and Social Security. Now, every candidate has a different opinion on how to address this issue. Governor Cereal wants slice and dice the federal budget, guaranteeing that we cut enough programs to get back in the red. Representative Soult wants to increase spending on health care, but fails to state where the funding will come from. Here's my plan. I want to create a new tax bracket containing those earning over one million dollars a year. Those tax payers will see a substantial tax raise on everything they earn over one million dollars. By raising taxes on those that can bear it, we can afford to begin sending more money to the states to fund education, committ resources to a genuine single payer health care system, and ensure the solvency of Social Security for the rest of this century. These are goals that all Americans, from the richest to the poorest, can be proud to work to achieve.

My Home

I was born here in the Shenandoah Valley. In my household, we attended mass every week, prayed before every meal, and I was expected to act as as good a Catholic as possible. I've taken those values through my life with me, from college at Mount Saint Mary's, to law school at the University of Virginia, to my law firm here in Winchester, and finally to Congress for the past 14 years. My values are the values held by Virginians. I believe that God is inseperable from government, because at the core of it acting as a good neighbor and a faithful follower of God will lead you to serve the people well. You all know that everytime I vote in Congress, I do so for you, representing your values. When I vote to protect the unborn, when I vote to preserve traditional marriage, and when I vote to increase spending on social services, I'm voting for YOU and your values. I feel blessed every day that God has put me on the path where I can bear the awesome responsibility of serving in Congress. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President.

Campaign Ads

Maverick @ Level 1

>Newspaper headlines blare "The Maverick?"

v/o: What politician would throw his support behind a safe-sex campaign, a ban on legal abortion, privitizing most AMTRAK routes, expanding funding for higher education, and support repealing President Bush's tax cuts for the richest Americans?

>Cut to me talking on my Virginia Ranch

Me: I would. I recognize that there are all sorts of problems in America. Some can be answered with conservative solutions, some with liberal solutions, and some with moderate solutions. It doesn't matter which plan we use to fix a problem, or which party came up with it, what matters is getting the job done. I'm campaigning to be President of all of America, not just the Republicans. That's why I urge all voters to come to the polls on Tuesday and vote for James Wallace in the Republican Primary.

>I walk off camera

[FWIW: Both Virginia and Tennessee have open primaries]

General Campaigning

154 hours
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 09:31:28 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2006, 10:35:29 PM by Jake »

Tennessee

Campaign Organization

Level 1

Campaign Speeches

Educating...From Kindergarten to College

Education is one issue where almost all Americans can agree that we are failing to succeed. We're now in year six of the great experiment in bureaucracy known as the No Child Left Behind Act, and you know what, things still haven't gotten any better. At the same time, entirely too many bright young adults graduate from high school and either don't have the money to attend college at all, or can attend, but have astronomical debt upon graduation. Instead of the promised advances that were supposed to accompany No Child Left Behind's increase in standards and federal funding, we've gotten a mess, with schools being downgraded and punished for failing to increase their students test scores to arbitrary federal minimums. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need for such bureaucracy on the federal level. If local school boards wish to measure preformance based on local standards that's their prerogative, but we cannot continue to stiffle schools with regulations. Regulations which, by the way, have led to some schools cancelling music, art, and after school programs because they must spend that money on more math and english teachers.

And don't even get me on the topic of college education. It used to be that you could be successful in life without going to college and getting your degree. No longer. It is essential for today's youth to attend college to succeed. Now, I can't say that we as a government are succeeding in giving everyone the chance to attend college. To solve this problem, we need a two part attack.First, the government must reduce interest rates on Federal Student Loans, and at the same time extend the grace period before repayment is needed. Second, the government must expand federal work study programs to cover more eligible students. Any funds placed towards this initiative can be viewed as an investment in the future of millions of young adults, who will in turn use their education to continue America's progress. We're currently failing our children and failing our young adults. It's time to repeal No Child Left Behind and guarantee a college education to every high school graduate. This is something we cannot fail at.

Nuclear Power

We've all heard the endless talk about the "energy crisis" in America. Many are rightfully worried about what America can do to attempt to wean itself off of Middle Eastern oil. Everytime I consider what steps need to be taken, one sticks out paramount in my mind; Nuclear Energy. 62 nuclear power plants are currently active in the United States (including 2 here in Tennessee), providing about 20% of the nations energy. Many opponents of nuclear power like to scare you folks with talk of radiation spreading and poisoning our cities. They conveniently ignore the statistics that show that in the millions of hours American nuclear power plants have operated, never has there been a leakage of dangerous radiation and the worst accident in our history occurred at Three Mile Island, and resulted in zero casualties from radiation. Since the incident occurred at Three Mile Island in 1979 we have not constructed another nuclear plant, despite the fact that we've discovered new ways to make generating nuclear power much safer than its already sterling safety record. It's time to stop being scared, and embrace nuclear power as the wave of the future.

What You Deserve

All too many politicians are all too happy to tell you what they can get for you. I'm running for President to get what you as Americans deserve. I know that you deserve to know that your children are safe from predators, I know that you deserve to know that you're family will be able to receive health coverage if one of you gets seriously ill, I know that you deserve the best education we can provide, and I know that you deserve to live out your golden years safe and secure. Those are guarantees our government must make to you and your family. No other candidate is prepared to offer such guarantees; some like Governor Cereal are all too happy to call such guarantees "pork" and toss them out the window. However, these guarantees are what every citizen deserves from their government. Those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President and guarantee you these rights.

Taxes

Right now in Washington we currently have one of the largest budget deficits in history. Not only are we running short of funds to cover current programs, we're unable to fund genuine increases in education, health care, and Social Security. Now, every candidate has a different opinion on how to address this issue. Governor Cereal wants slice and dice the federal budget, guaranteeing that we cut enough programs to get back in the red. Representative Soult wants to increase spending on health care, but fails to state where the funding will come from. Here's my plan. I want to create a new tax bracket containing those earning over one million dollars a year. Those tax payers will see a substantial tax raise on everything they earn over one million dollars. By raising taxes on those that can bear it, we can afford to begin sending more money to the states to fund education, committ resources to a genuine single payer health care system, and ensure the solvency of Social Security for the rest of this century. These are goals that all Americans, from the richest to the poorest, can be proud to work to achieve.

My Crusade

When someone says the word "crusade" most people think of the battles in the Holy Land a thousand years ago. To me, the word has a somewhat different meaning. For the last 14 years, I've been fighting a crusade across America. From my home in Virginia, to the Midwest, Mountain West, Deep South, and here in Tennessee, I've been fighting for your values. I've defended the lives of the unborn with my votes for parental consent laws and a ban on partial birth abortion, I've worked to end the suffering of family farmers by fighting for an end to government price controls to give them a chance to sell their product and support their families, I've voted time after time to strengthen government's power to go after sexual predators because I honestly care more for our children than some pedophile's constitutional rights, and I've been on the floor of Congress fighting my heart out to bring more money to our local schools because America's future is tied to our children's future. Folks, those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Everytime I vote in Congress, I do so for you, representing your values.  I feel blessed every day that God has put me on the path where I can bear the awesome responsibility of serving in Congress. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President.

Campaign Ads

Maverick @ Level 1

v/o: What politician would throw his support behind a safe-sex campaign, a ban on legal abortion, privitizing most AMTRAK routes, expanding funding for higher education, and support repealing President Bush's tax cuts for the richest Americans?

Me: I would. I recognize that there are all sorts of problems in America. Some can be answered with conservative solutions, some with liberal solutions, and some with moderate solutions. It doesn't matter which plan we use to fix a problem, or which party came up with it, what matters is getting the job done. I'm campaigning to be President of all of America, not just the Republicans. That's why I urge all voters to come to the polls on Tuesday and vote for James Wallace in the Republican Primary.

>I walk off camera

[FWIW: Both Virginia and Tennessee have open primaries]

General Campaigning

126 hours
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 09:32:55 PM »

Now, maybe Soulty won't need to whine after he underpreforms.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 08:28:20 PM »

Jake, you've overspent your budget.  You may do any of these three things:

1. Revise some of your expenses to bring you back into line.
2. Find somebody who hasn't already endorsed your campaign to do so in the relevant thread.
3. Keep it as it is.  You'll still be entered into the TN & VA primaries and will receive a vote share and possibly some delegates, but your candidate will be forcibly withdrawn from the rest of the race, due to bankruptcy.

This applies to anybody else who overspends, by the way.

Edit: Add #4: Use any available campaign hours for fundraising.  Money raised that way is added to the balance immediately.

Virginia only has 11 districts, so my expenses should be good.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 01:01:50 PM »

Virginia only has 11 districts, so my expenses should be good.

*slaps head* ... never mind then. Wink

(I need a vacation.)

Not to nitpick, but the ad cost should be 11x50,000, or 550,000.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 04:52:46 PM »

Joe, would you mind pulling my campaign organizations in Tennessee and Virginia back down to nothing? Now that I think about it, the campaign ads can be totally pulled to.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »

Folks, as expected we took both victory in both Virginia and Tennessee. Now we're going to begin our nationwide campaign. Nevada, Wisconsin, Utah, and then onto Super Tuesday. I'm asking anyone who's yet to donate their funds to go to the endorsement thread and contribute to my campaign so we can continue to bring our conservative message to the people in the upcoming primaries. Now, onto further victories!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 09:29:15 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2006, 09:43:10 PM by Jake »

Nevada

Campaign Organization

Level 3

Campaign Speeches

--College Education--

--Educating...Better--

--Responsibility--

In life, every has responsibilities. As a Congressman, I have a responsibility to represent my constituents and serve their interests. As a father and husband, I the responsibility to provide for my family and teach my children so they can be successful in life. And as a citizen, I have the responsibility to make good decisions, follow our laws, and speak my mind and vote so that our nation can flourish. However, responsibility seems to be lost of many of our youths today. We now see rampant drug use, astronomical teen pregnancy rates, and a general attitude of complacency among high school students. Our youngsters are failing to shoulder their responsibilities. Now, we can play the blame game all we want, but I know that game will not solve our problems, actions will. To combat teen pregnancy, we must enact laws promoting safe-sex policies and begin a nationwide campaign to ensure that teens who engage in risky sexual behavior do so with knowledge of how to prevent pregnancy. The worst thing we can do now is sit back and let the status-quo continue, because the ills of teen pregnancy, abortion, broken single parent homes, and poverty, especially in the black community, are inextricably linked together. Only by removing the cause of these problems can the effects be lessened.

--Your Government--

These days, politicians are all too happy to show the government as the evil boogeyman, out to steal their tax dollars and send them to a welfare queen, while forgetting about us middle class folks. They've tried to cast supporters of universal health care, increased education spending, and Social Security as socialists. But folks, that's just not the case. The purpose of government is to protect the citizens it governs. Most Americans believe that if someone gets ill it shouldn't matter whether they're rich or poor, they should get the same high quality care that any American deserves. Most Americans also believe that every child should get the best quality education in the world. And I know most Americans are in favor of providing every one of our seniors with a secure and stable retirement, free to live out their final years in peace. I know this because at every campaign stop I've made, folks just like you have come up and told me that's what they want their President to fight for. And I'll make the same promise to you that I've made to every one of them. I'll always fight for your issues, to protect you, because that's what the government is supposed to do.

--What You Deserve--

General Campaigning

72 hours

Campaign Ads

--Modified Maverick - Campaign Ad @ Level 1--

v/o: What politician would throw his support behind a safe-sex campaign, a ban on legal abortion, privitizing most AMTRAK routes, expanding funding for higher education, and support returning control over education to local school boards?

Me: I would. I recognize that there are all sorts of problems in America. Some can be answered with conservative solutions, some with liberal solutions, and some with moderate solutions. It doesn't matter which plan we use to fix a problem, or which party came up with it, what matters is getting the job done. I've been fighting to get the job done in Washington for 14 years. Vote for James Wallace on Tuesday, and choose a leader who will find a solution that works for YOU.

--Your Message - Campaign Ad @ Level 1--

>Video of faceless politicians speaking

v/o: In every election candidates talk about their issues, how they want to change America to suit their preferences.

>Show Wallace talking with supporters in Virginia, Wisconsin, Maine, and Oklahoma

Me: But in the past few months, I've heard everyday Americans tell me what they want. You want an actual plan to fix the social ills of teen pregnancy, you want more control over their children's education, you want cheaper power for your homes. As President, I'll fight to put a nationwide safe-sex campaign into action, I'll be the first to demand that Congress repealed the failed No Child Left Behind Act, and I'll demand Congress to pass legislation re-opening the construction of nuclear power plants. I've heard your message, now give me the chance to put your vision into action as your President.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 10:13:34 AM »

Joe, I have two different ads airing in Nevada, you currently have them both together as one ad. Could you correct that, and bring both up to Level 3, please?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2006, 08:00:37 PM by Jake »

Thank You Nevada!

Folks, that's another victory, and this in a state far outside the south. Some pundits have ridiculed our fight as the "token Southern campaign". It's never been that way, and tonight we proved that it won't be that way. Wisconsin's next folks, and then onto victory in Idaho and Utah.

Good night!

(I like the pace this is moving at now Joe. 3 days seems to be sufficient here.)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »

Wisconsin

Campaign Organization

Level 3

Campaign Speeches

-My Crusade II-

When someone says the word "crusade" most people think of the battles in the Holy Land a thousand years ago. To me, the word has a somewhat different meaning. For the last 14 years, I've been fighting a crusade across America. From my home in Virginia, to the Southwest, Mountain West, Deep South, and here in Wisconsin, I've been fighting for your values. I've defended the lives of the unborn with my votes for parental consent laws and a ban on partial birth abortion, I've worked to end the suffering of family farmers by fighting for an end to government price controls to give them a chance to sell their product and support their families, I've voted time after time to strengthen government's power to go after sexual predators because I honestly care more for our children than some pedophile's constitutional rights, and I've been on the floor of Congress fighting my heart out to bring more money to our local schools because America's future is tied to our children's future. Folks, those are my values, those are your values, and those are your neighbors' values. Everytime I vote in Congress, I do so for you, representing your values.  I feel blessed every day that God has put me on the path where I can bear the awesome responsibility of serving in Congress. Now, give me the chance to defend your values as your President.

-Taxes-

-Your Government-

These days, politicians are all too happy to show the government as the evil boogeyman, out to steal their tax dollars and send them to a welfare queen, while forgetting about us middle class folks. They've tried to cast supporters of universal health care, increased education spending, and Social Security as socialists. But folks, that's just not the case. The purpose of government is to protect the citizens it governs. Most Americans believe that if someone gets ill it shouldn't matter whether they're rich or poor, they should get the same high quality care that any American deserves. Most Americans also believe that every child should get the best quality education in the world. And I know most Americans are in favor of providing every one of our seniors with a secure and stable retirement, free to live out their final years in peace. I know this because at every campaign stop I've made, folks just like you have come up and told me that's what they want their President to fight for. And I'll make the same promise to you that I've made to every one of them. I'll always fight for your issues, to protect you, because that's what the government is supposed to do.

-Nuclear Power-

We've all heard the endless talk about the "energy crisis" in America. Many are rightfully worried about what America can do to attempt to wean itself off of Middle Eastern oil. Everytime I consider what steps need to be taken, one sticks out paramount in my mind; Nuclear Energy. 62 nuclear power plants are currently active in the United States (including 1 here in Wisconsin), providing about 20% of the nations energy. Many opponents of nuclear power like to scare you folks with talk of radiation spreading and poisoning our cities. They conveniently ignore the statistics that show that in the millions of hours American nuclear power plants have operated, never has there been a leakage of dangerous radiation and the worst accident in our history occurred at Three Mile Island, and resulted in zero casualties from radiation. Since the incident occurred at Three Mile Island in 1979 we have not constructed another nuclear plant, despite the fact that we've discovered new ways to make generating nuclear power much safer than its already sterling safety record. It's time to stop being scared, and embrace nuclear power as the wave of the future.

-I'm Your Man-

During my trek across America these past few months, you folks have shown me the issues you care about. Not a campaign stop goes by without someone mentioning the healthcare crisis or the problems with public education or the price of gas and heating oil or how they feel government just isn't working for them anymore. And you know what, I always tell them the truth. If you're looking for affordable healthcare, I'm focused on putting a universal healthcare plan into action before my first term is up. If you want affordable healthcare when your family is sick, I'm your man. If you're looking for a new way of confronting education problems, I plan to repeal the bureaucratic restrictions that No Child Left Behind imposes and actually return control of education to local communities. If that sounds good, I'm your man for education reform. If you're worried about energy prices, I plan to begin reconstruction on a new generation of super-safe nuclear power plants, to break our addiction to Middle East oil and lower energy prices here at home. If you want cheaper energy, I'm your man. And if you're just tired of politicians telling you what they think you should care about, I'm listening to what you want. I'm running this campaign because I believe that I'm the one who can deliver for you on these issues as President. If you think 'I'm your man' come out this Tuesday and vote for Jim Wallace for President.

General Campaigning

64 hours

Campaign Ads

Power Flows from the People - Campaign Ad @ Level 2

>Faceless politicians speak on screen.

v/o: For far too long politicians have acted like power flows from their positions in Congress. Their excessive vanity has caused them to lose sight of where their power really comes from...

>Cut to me talking in a Milwaukee suburb

Me: And that's you, the people. During my campaign across America, people have constantly told me three things they want government to guarantee them. They want affordable healthcare for when their family members fall ill, they want top notch education for their children, and they want cheap power for their homes and vehicles. And I've promised them all the same thing. Under my administration I'll fight for Congress to implement a universal healthcare plan, I'll demand Congress repeals No Child Left behind and returns control over education to local school boards, and I'll work towards construction of new nuclear power plants to break our addiction to Middle East oil. But above all, I've reminded them that power flows from you the people. YOU can vote for change by voting for Jim Wallace in Tuesday's primary.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

Joe, add this if you can.

Wisconsin

Campaign Ads

It Can Work - Campaign Ad @ Level 2

>Andrew Cereal appears on screen speaking at a campaign stop in Wisconsin.

Cereal: The federal government is not the way.

>Picture freezes.

v/o: Wait, repeat that Governor. The federal government is not the way?

>Cut to me talking at a campaign rally.

Me: I believe the federal government is the way, because it is the only way to put the collective resources of America to work solving America's problems. The reason my opponent offers no plan for the Healthcare crisis, the Social Security crisis, and the Energy crisis is because his ideology doesn't believe that the government can work in a positive manner, for the people. He would rather leave it to 50 separate states to solve problems, with less funding and less resources. I know our government can do better, and folks, we can do better than him for a President. If you agree, I hope that you'll vote for me, Jim Wallace, for President in Tuesday's primary.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »

Put my remaining 16 campaign hours into general campaigning, please.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 09:03:14 PM »

I'll be in this one Joe, probably tommorrow night.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies