Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Get to Know Your Country NEW JERSEY!  (Read 14098 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:12:03 PM »

The media always portrays New Jersey as such that is far away from the truth. Does anyone have any questions or comments to make about NJ or New Jerseyans? Also, what are some things you have heard about NJ? Like our accents, culture, attractions, politics, and other things.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:15:01 PM »

Is it true the state motto is, "The armpit of America"?
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:59:16 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2006, 12:00:55 AM by conan »

Family all around North Jersey, Bergen and Passaic and Hudson. I live in Sussex County. How about you?
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 12:00:33 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2006, 12:04:51 AM by conan »

I will not be low enough to make fun of West Virginia. New Jerseyans have great pride and class. Or are you actually from Florida?
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:08:36 AM »

I will not be low enough to make fun of West Virginia. New Jerseyans have great pride and class.
Is it true you swim to school through rivers of toxic waste?

Do you guys still plant medical waste on Long Island beaches to make your seem more attractive by comparison?

Tongue

(Note: I am from Long Island originally.)
NJ has a big chemical industry. However toxic waste sites have been cleaned up or are being cleaned up (these arent only common to NJ). I have never come into contact with anything toxic or condemned. I love Long Island too. We go out there all the time.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 12:16:01 AM »

Why do you even bother existing, when Washington is clearly a better state?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 12:16:37 AM »

Why are you all so snobby (at least those from north Jersey)?
Conan
conan

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 12:17:13 AM »

I will not be low enough to make fun of West Virginia. New Jerseyans have great pride and class.

Do you guys still plant medical waste on Long Island beaches to make your seem more attractive by comparison?

Tongue

NJ has a big chemical industry. However toxic waste sites have been cleaned up or are being cleaned up (these arent only common to NJ). I have never come into contact with anything toxic or condemned. I love Long Island too. We go out there all the time.

Don't tell me the LI-NJ rivalry is dying?  They used to compete heavily for summer tourism $$$.
I think NJ won, no one I know goes out to Long Island except for me to go to the beach. It's way less crowded. Where in Long Island you from?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 12:18:12 AM »

Tongue

Don't tell me the LI-NJ rivalry is dying?  They used to compete heavily for summer tourism $$$.

the Hamptons are the Hamptons.  the End Smiley.  Seriously though its not what it was and both Long Islanders and new jersians enjoy each others beaches, though nothing in Jersey tops the Hamptons.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 12:19:05 AM »

Better as in more yuppie-friendly or better as in less quality in more space? Tongue

Better as in lacking Trenton. Tongue
Conan
conan

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 12:19:32 AM »

Hahaha. NJ is very valuable in being in the US. We have the highest incomes, all kind of geography, a diverse culture, tons of things to do, and a large economy.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 12:20:20 AM »

Hahaha. NJ is very valuable in being in the US. We have the highest incomes, all kind of geography, a diverse culture, tons of things to do, and a large economy.

1. Connecticut
2. We have more.
3. Our things to do are less mobbed up.
4. Boeing and Microsoft
5. NO TRENTON!!!
Conan
conan

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 12:22:14 AM »

Tongue

the Hamptons are the Hamptons.  the End Smiley.  Seriously though its not what it was and both Long Islanders and new jersians enjoy each others beaches, though nothing in Jersey tops the Hamptons.
Didnt want to say it but I've been to the beach in the Hamptons way more then in NJ! It's awesome if you have a permit to park the car near an inlet which only town residents have. And theres not many people out there.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 12:24:19 AM »

1. Connecticut
2. We have more.
4. Boeing and Microsoft
5. NO TRENTON!!!
No its NJ with the highest! It just came out the other day. NJ is the perfect place with the best quality of life.
Conan
conan

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 12:27:36 AM »

1. Connecticut
2. We have more.
4. Boeing and Microsoft
5. NO TRENTON!!!

1. Connecticut is a whinier, more boring version of New Jersey.
2. In what way?
3. The mob is of such high quality.
4. Drugs.
5. Umm...
Yea! Exactly. Trentons a pretty sucky capitol I must admit (unless youre referring to NJ politicians by saying Trenton), but you guys only have Seattle. Our mob is of high quality too. HAHA
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 12:32:40 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2006, 12:56:14 AM by Alcon »

(All of this New Jersey-flogging is in good fun.  I'm sure it's a very nice state, and I would definiely not mind a place like Bergen County. Tongue)

We only have Seattle?  We have a metropolitan area that stretches from north of Seattle down to south of Tacoma.  Several million people, and none of the crapholes New Jersey has.

Gay people are nice.
Conan
conan

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 12:34:19 AM »

Up and coming Jersey City!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 12:38:58 AM »

You guys can't drive for sh**t
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 12:39:17 AM »

New Jersey can construct large, charcoal-coloured towers with no personality.

THIS IS PROGRESS
Conan
conan

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 12:43:51 AM »

Of course it's all in jest, no one could seriously doubt the perfection that is New Jersey. Wink  And Bergen County is far from the best in the state.  I reccomend Morris.  Our entire state is a metropolitan area.  Our crapholes give us character.  Nowhere on earth will you find something as indescribable as Camden.  We like to consider our politicians...a variety.
I stay away from Camden, haha. That's too bad. Bergen County is mixed. Some of the most affluent towns are there including Saddle River and Alpine. Saddle River is where Nixon retired to. I want to move to Bergen, its way better then Sussex and much more convenient.

(All of this New Jersey-flogging is in good fun.  I'm sure it's a very nice state, and I would definiely not mind a place like Bergen County. Tongue)

We only have Seattle?  We have a metropolitan area that stretches from north of Seattle down to south of Tacoma.  Several million people, and none of the crapholes New Jersey has.

Also, our politicians are 100% heterosexual.  Well, excluding Dino Rossi.  But still.

Look what I found! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Upthegrove
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Murray There are two more too but I cant get a link. It says it in the Ed Murray link.
Conan
conan

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 12:45:37 AM »

Look who's talking.  Seeing a Pennsylvania driver on the road is never a good sign, unless you like driving 10mph under the speed limit in the fast lane.  We're just a little over-aggressive, but that is only to deal with the obnoxious New York drivers.

Actually, we know how to drive. Its just everyone else who cant. You have to be a good driver to drive in NJ. It's tough.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 12:48:39 AM »

State legislature doesn't count, Conan.  Besides, what's wrong with being gay?  Why so much homophobia?
Conan
conan

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 12:52:32 AM »

State legislature doesn't count, Conan.  Besides, what's wrong with being gay?  Why so much homophobia?
Thats what I was gonna ask you. But I didnt want to get into any debate if you disliked gays.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 12:55:54 AM »

Thats what I was gonna ask you. But I didnt want to get into any debate if you disliked gays.

I think it's clear from this conversation that you're the only one who has said something homophobic.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 12:58:08 AM »

I'm from Central Islip.

Yeah, the Haptons pretty much are LI's trump card.  Oh, and Fire Island, until it disappears under the waves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies