Longterm effects of a Confederate Victory
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:03:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Longterm effects of a Confederate Victory
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Longterm effects of a Confederate Victory  (Read 6811 times)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »

Presume a CS victory in the civil war/other method of winning independence and that they manage to get at least the 11 seceded states with kentucky, indian territory and mew mexico all being negotiable. So how does north america and the world develop? How do the rump United States and the newly independent CSA evolve politically, economically and culturally?
kashifsakhan
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »

great topic shizzla, i think i'll post regularly in this one.

Well im guessing that most of the south western states would go to the CSA, where as north western states would be part of the USA. If the states had the same boundaries they have right now, the map would looks something like this:

(Red = USA, Blue = CSA).

After the defeat of the USA, the Confederation decides to put into the oficial surrender treaty of the United States that the USA will give up its right to the states of Ohio and Maryland, the District of Columbia, aswell as the state of California

As a result, the CSA becomes a much more powerful nation than the USa, which has been devestated by war and has now had its capital and some very important industrail states taken away.

Much more conservative nation, slavery is finally abolsihed in the CSA in the late 19th century, but an appartheid style regime similar to that in South Africa remains in power until the mid-1980s.

Culturally the CSA is more conservative and religious than the USA which has taken a more secular stance with complete separation of church and state. Theories such as intelligent design are taught in schools across the CSA, and evolution is put forward as an unproven theory, as set by the Education Department of the CSA.

I'll put in more once i think some more stuff up.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

Most probable scenario for a Confederate victory would include Johnson remaining in command of the Army of Tennessee and keeping Sherman out of Atlanta until after the election, thereby allowing McClellan to win the election.

However, given that McClellan will have a lame duck Republican Congress to deal with until December 1865, he's not going to be able to give away the store, even if he wants to.  Probable result, is an armistice with plebescites in Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennesee to set a border.  (Given the peculiar distribution of slaveholding in Missouri, it wouldn't make much sense to do a plebescite there,)  End result, a slightly different border between Virginia and Kanawha, Eastern Tennessee becomes the Union State of Franklin and Western Kentucky becomes the Confederate State of Cumberland.  The Confederates get the Indian Territory and the Union keeps New Mexico.

Furthermore, the Union has the right of free navigation on the Mississippi and certain commercial privledges, with the Confederacy receiving in exchange rights to build and operate a southern transcontinental railroad with a terminis in Los Angeles and El Paso with the Confederacy to receive equivalent privledges in Los Angeles to those the Union has in New Orleans, once the railroad is built.

More to come once I decide where I want to go from this starting point.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »

great topic shizzla, i think i'll post regularly in this one.

Well im guessing that most of the south western states would go to the CSA, where as north western states would be part of the USA. If the states had the same boundaries they have right now, the map would looks something like this:

(Red = USA, Blue = CSA).

After the defeat of the USA, the Confederation decides to put into the oficial surrender treaty of the United States that the USA will give up its right to the states of Ohio and Maryland, the District of Columbia, aswell as the state of California

As a result, the CSA becomes a much more powerful nation than the USa, which has been devestated by war and has now had its capital and some very important industrail states taken away.

Much more conservative nation, slavery is finally abolsihed in the CSA in the late 19th century, but an appartheid style regime similar to that in South Africa remains in power until the mid-1980s.

Culturally the CSA is more conservative and religious than the USA which has taken a more secular stance with complete separation of church and state. Theories such as intelligent design are taught in schools across the CSA, and evolution is put forward as an unproven theory, as set by the Education Department of the CSA.

I'll put in more once i think some more stuff up.

I thought you said they were more conservative. If so, why the hell would they create a confederal department of education? Are you saying that just to be bigoted?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »

The CSA would NOT get california, missouri, utah, new mexico, arizona, oklahoma, ohio, kansas and maryland
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies