Breaking News: Harold Ford within 1% of Corker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:19:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Breaking News: Harold Ford within 1% of Corker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who has a better chance of winning in 2006?
Harold Ford

Claire McCaskill

Both will win.

Neither will win.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Breaking News: Harold Ford within 1% of Corker  (Read 4149 times)
jacob_101

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »

Not only do I think Harold Ford Jr has a better chance to win, but he WILL win.  And I will be happy when he does.

Thank you! It's good to see another Republican who hasn't fallen for Bob Corker's flip-flopping record.

No I haven't fallen for it...I think he is a terrible candidate and Ford is a much better candidate.  He is one of 3 or 4 Democrats I would support.  The only problem I would have voting for him is if it meant that party control of the senate switching to the Democrats.  Even then I still might.

Interesting. What other Democrats are you supporting?

Ford and Lieberman for US Senate.  Maybe Nelson in FL because Harris is awful, Will McBride was my choice for Senate.  I also like Bill Richardson and would consider him for President, depending on the Republican candidate.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 03:24:49 AM »

Yes, this is only one poll, but it is another poll that shows Ford has the Big Mo'.  I'll wait for the next poll to be sure, but I think Tennessee is a borderline toss-up now.  Go Ford!!
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 04:45:16 PM »

Corker's lead has gone from 12% to 6% to 1%. Looks like the smear campaign is working.

Here's my source:
http://haroldfordjr2006.blogspot.com/2006/09/breaking-new-rasmussen-poll-will-have.html

This blogger has previously scooped other news agencies about Tennessee polls.  This is insider info that will be released to the public  very soon.

The big question is who has a better shot of winning, Claire McCaskill or Harold Ford. I say it's now Ford.

One poll is, well, one poll... Smiley
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 10:34:52 PM »

I knew the polls here inTN would get tighter as the general election aproached. As I've looked at both of the records, I've actually become undecided in who I will vote for this year. I think both would be "okay" for TN. Then again, we elected Al Gore and Bill Frist to the senate, the latter really boring. Democrats shouldn't be jumping up and down about that one poll, just as Republicans shouldn't get too excited about the NJ race.

There are some overwhelmingly obvious exceptions, but Senate races moreso than governor's races tend to parallel how they vote in presidential races.  TN will stay GOP and NJ will stay DEM.

Even as a republican, i get excited when TN is competitvte - kinda strange actually
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2006, 11:17:02 PM »

I knew the polls here inTN would get tighter as the general election aproached. As I've looked at both of the records, I've actually become undecided in who I will vote for this year. I think both would be "okay" for TN. Then again, we elected Al Gore and Bill Frist to the senate, the latter really boring. Democrats shouldn't be jumping up and down about that one poll, just as Republicans shouldn't get too excited about the NJ race.

There are some overwhelmingly obvious exceptions, but Senate races moreso than governor's races tend to parallel how they vote in presidential races.  TN will stay GOP and NJ will stay DEM.

Even as a republican, i get excited when TN is competitvte - kinda strange actually

Thank you for being reasonable... I hate it when people from either party throw their partizanship into their predictions (beyond reason of course, everyone is influenced to some point). Personally I think Tennessee will go for Corker by about 4-5% NJ I dont know.... Though the indy's there usually do break the dems way. The interesting race to me in Virginia, I can see Warner doing MORE stupid things and losing it (though unlikely)
Joel the Attention Whore
Joel

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 12:02:57 AM »

I said this in another thread.  Ford has run a flawless campaign, and Corker has run a fair campaign at best.  I expect this race to be a tossup right until the very end, but Ford may even slightly pull ahead.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 12:34:22 AM »

Thank you for being reasonable... I hate it when people from either party throw their partizanship into their predictions (beyond reason of course, everyone is influenced to some point). Personally I think Tennessee will go for Corker by about 4-5% NJ I dont know.... Though the indy's there usually do break the dems way. The interesting race to me in Virginia, I can see Warner doing MORE stupid things and losing it (though unlikely)

Warner ? - do you mean Webb or better said - Allen ?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 11:56:44 AM »

Every Democrat on this forum insists that Menendez is safe, every Republican on this forum insists Santorum is safe.  I have a new flash: Niether of them are truly safe.

Who says Santorum is safe?  I know we have some predicting he wins, but none of them have called the race safe.  At leat, not that I am aware of.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 01:33:38 PM »

Every Democrat on this forum insists that Menendez is safe, every Republican on this forum insists Santorum is safe. 

That is NOT an accurate statement. Smiley
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2006, 06:47:43 PM »

Dont you mean Allen? It could get interesting, but VA still leans GOP and will re-elect George Allen. period.

welcome btw, i'm relatively new myself
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies