Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread  (Read 22252 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2006, 05:38:09 PM »

I am watching Laffey's concession speech on C-SPAN.org and it is pretty sad. He starts off by thanking his mom and saying that he didn't know how he'd tell his dad about the loss in the morning (his dad suffers from Alzheimer's). That was depressing. Anyway, the main point of this is how Laffey came right out and said that he'd be backing Chafee. How many here think Chafee would have done the same thing if the situation was flipped? I honestly don't think he would. Stephen Laffey is a good man. I don't think I can say the same for Linc and that's after putting my ideological differences aside.
So, party loyalty makes you a good man? I'm not so sure.

Being respectful of his opponent makes him a good man. Chafee would have probably whined, bashed Laffey, complained about the GOP and said that he's not voting for Laffey.

So I take it you dislike the actions taken by Joseph Lieberman in the aftermath of his Aug. 8 primary loss?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »

I am watching Laffey's concession speech on C-SPAN.org and it is pretty sad. He starts off by thanking his mom and saying that he didn't know how he'd tell his dad about the loss in the morning (his dad suffers from Alzheimer's). That was depressing. Anyway, the main point of this is how Laffey came right out and said that he'd be backing Chafee. How many here think Chafee would have done the same thing if the situation was flipped? I honestly don't think he would. Stephen Laffey is a good man. I don't think I can say the same for Linc and that's after putting my ideological differences aside.
So, party loyalty makes you a good man? I'm not so sure.

Being respectful of his opponent makes him a good man. Chafee would have probably whined, bashed Laffey, complained about the GOP and said that he's not voting for Laffey.

So I take it you dislike the actions taken by Joseph Lieberman in the aftermath of his Aug. 8 primary loss?

I can see why people would be angry but it is a bit different. Lieberman at least made it known to Dems that he'd run as an Independent whereas Chafee would have never stated those intentions before his party's vote.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies