One day left
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:15:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  One day left
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: One day left  (Read 1946 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2006, 06:55:41 AM »

With one day to go the 4 major polling companies all released their final polls. All indicate the Centre-right being ahead, by about 2-3%. If the SAP loses power when the economy is actually picking up it'll be a tremendous change to Swedish poltiics.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 07:39:42 AM »

Which party will you vote for and who do you think will win ? Iīm going to vote for the Greens in 2 weeks here in Austria, but i donīt know for which party i would vote in Sweden, because I donīt know if the Swedish Greens are like the Austrian ones. But i would vote for a center left party i think. Tomorrow i think the Right Coalition will slightly win, based on what the polls say.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 05:50:50 PM »

I will vote for Junilistan. I believe the center-right will win, but it's far from certain. What are the Austrian greens like?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 05:59:36 PM »

Do you think that turnout will be high or not?

---

I had another look at that polls thing you posted a few days or so ago, and different firms seem to be showing quite different patterns (although most are probably well within the MoE).
Regardless, it looks likely to be very close. Are breakdowns lower than constituency/region/whatevertheyarecalled released?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:16:17 AM »

I will vote for Junilistan. I believe the center-right will win, but it's far from certain. What are the Austrian greens like?

The Austrian Greens are primarily very strong in Urban Areas and attract younger voters (especially students) and they get very few votes in the countryside because of their "anti-car" stance and nearly everyone in the countryside needs a car to get to work. They want higher taxes on fuels or alternative fuels like hydrogen or more hybrid cars so they can lower the taxes elsewhere. They want to get rid of the tuition fees, want to get a higher Research quote, they are against atomic energy, environment protection, bio food (no gen-manipulated crops), to get more rail traffic instead of truck and car traffic, more sports in school and a fair immigration. I think this party fits me best and therefore i will vote for them this year.

It seems the Junilistan is about the same what HPMs List is for Austria. They came out of nowhere in the 2004 EU Parliament Elections and got both about 14% and now they are both trying it on the national level too.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 09:26:47 AM »

It seems the Junilistan is about the same what HPMs List is for Austria. They came out of nowhere in the 2004 EU Parliament Elections and got both about 14% and now they are both trying it on the national level too.

I didn't think HPM was euroskeptic though? That seems to be Junilists biggest issue is the European Union and the Euro.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 09:42:19 AM »

I didn't think HPM was euroskeptic though? That seems to be Junilists biggest issue is the European Union and the Euro.

No, heīs not critical when it comes to the EU, he just wants bigger transperancy and more control by the people via more direct votings and not by bureaucrats. With the comparison i just meant that they were coming out of nowhere and now try to enter national politics too.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 10:37:02 AM »

Do you think that turnout will be high or not?

---

I had another look at that polls thing you posted a few days or so ago, and different firms seem to be showing quite different patterns (although most are probably well within the MoE).
Regardless, it looks likely to be very close. Are breakdowns lower than constituency/region/whatevertheyarecalled released?

Turnout will be lower than last year, I'm guessing 78-79%. About the polls, SIFO is the best, followed by TEMO. The others are really pretty crappy so I wouldn't trust them (especially not RUAB and Demoskop). THe most recent poll, released this morning, was taken by Temo. It shows the margin for the centre-right widening to 7%. All final polls show the centre-right ahead, so it seems very likely that they will win now.

Harry, that sounds mostly similar to the Swedish Greens. Here in Sweden they're also very anti-EU, favour voucher schools, reforms to help small businesses and decentralization of power.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies